OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I agree with you, in most cases, and it angers me that in the past few months we've released more than a few people from either life in prison or death row who happened to be black in the 80's. It pisses me off to no end, however, I consider this case to be an exception because there is absolutely no question he did it and is a terrorist.
I know we want to make exceptions and say this case warrants the death penalty, but believe me, if the state kills him, we are making a martyr out of him and even memorializing this fellow... Unfortunately, we will have cults that will celebrate this guy existence and the date the state execute him will be regarded a holiday for them... Let this guy live and notoriety fade away, in my opinion, this will be justice for someone, who claimed he wanted to commit suicide, let him kill himself and not spend all the taxpayers money to make a sick hero out of him and to kill him...

Last edited:
I know we want to make exceptions and say this case warrants the death penalty, but believe me, if the state kill him, we are making a martyr out of him and even memorializing this fellow... Unfortunately, we will have cults that will celebrate this guy existence and the date the state execute him will be regarded a holiday for them... Let this guy live and notoriety fade away, in my opinion, this will be justice for someone, who claimed he wanted to commit suicide, let him kill himself and not spend all the taxpayers money to make a sick hero out of him and to kill him...

He's a martyr regardless to these people; regardless of when or how he dies, we may not remember him, but they always will.

Maybe I'm cold and heartless, but this guy does not deserve rehab or any type of benefits or anything. Rehab is not for terrorists.

Why should he get benefits when he took those opportunities away from numerous innocent people on purpose?

Sorry, I can respect your opinion but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is he not still (technically) a person though? And does the Constitution not prevent against cruel punishment?

I never said we should give him benefits. I just try to believe that everyone must have some form of good in them, even if sometimes it's damn hard. So even a criminal deserves to be treated with at least some form of human dignity and justice, and given the chance for rehabilitation. Hence why I don't support the state just killing them.

Orange is the New Black comes back in 26 days and Janet Jackson is touring again.

Oh and more white people have been executed than black people, but if you're a white victim your killer is more likely to get the death penalty. Oh and the split between black and white people on death row (currently ) is nearly equal 42/43.

There really haven't been as many executions as people think, in the grand scheme of life. Less executions since the 70s than there are currently sitting on death row by nearly half.

Kick rocks Boston marathon bomber

Btw when that creeper called asking for that BMB's address, I fell into a rabbit hole of information about who is currently serving time in Super Max prisons and some terrible people will complete their sentences in the next 5-10 years. But yay rehabilitation for them too, amiright?! I bet their victims sleep soundly at night. My dad sure didn't.

And maybe it's because I'm a child of someone who watched their mother be beaten to death when he was 7 years old or maybe it's because 2 summers ago I sat through the trial of Marcus Bailey, a man that murdered my sisters close friend with absolutely no remorse, and left her body in her house for 2 weeks while he spent her money and drove around in her car while she rotted upstairs and THEN drug her decomposed body out one early morning in August and LEFT HER by a school BUS STOP for CHILDREN to find her on their first day of school. I saw the pictures of the crime scene. I watched her mother and father cry through the trial and I watched Marcus Bailey sit there stoic and unbothered like the monster he is. Maybe it's because of experiences like that, that I can confidently say that I fully support the death penalty. I actually support having a firing squad and I would actually volunteer to pull the trigger. You cannot convince me that he and those like him can be changed.

He got 50 years. He could very well be out in his 70's but I hope he dies a slow and painful death before then, since he didn't get the death penalty. To h-ll with rehabilitation. I mean would y'all leave your kid with a "rehabilitated" pedofile?

And yes her story is going to be an episode of Snapped and yes my sister is filming for it.

yay OITNB, y'all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Personally, I am completely against the death penalty purely for the reason that I do not believe our government should have the power to kill a human being. Regardless of the reason/who does it, I consider it murder and taking away a life. However, I understand many people disagree with me and that's ok. I can see where they're coming from.
There has also been evidence that states without the death penalty have less crime. Deterrence: States Without the Death Penalty Have Had Consistently Lower Murder Rates | Death Penalty Information Center

Is he not still (technically) a person though? And does the Constitution not prevent against cruel punishment?

I never said we should give him benefits. I just try to believe that everyone must have some form of good in them, even if sometimes it's damn hard. So even a criminal deserves to be treated with at least some form of human dignity and justice, and given the chance for rehabilitation. Hence why I don't support the state just killing them.

I guess it would depend on your definition of a person. The Constitution protects against 'cruel and unusual' punishment, something the death penalty doesn't protect him from.

As for believing everyone has good---you sound a lot like my eldest daughter, and I don't mean that as an insult, but it is ultimately a position I just can't relate to.

ETA: I totally just realized you quoted someone else and not me. You can ignore this.

When it comes to terrorist I'm for the death penalty regardless if that's what they ultimately want or not. As far as other criminals I think life in prison is a better form of punishment. Especially with all the problems of coerced confessions, DNA, etc.

I guess it would depend on your definition of a person. The Constitution protects against 'cruel and unusual' punishment, something the death penalty doesn't protect him from.

As for believing everyone has good---you sound a lot like my eldest daughter, and I don't mean that as an insult, but it is ultimately a position I just can't relate to.

ETA: I totally just realized you quoted someone else and not me. You can ignore this.
It also depends what your definition of 'cruel and unusual' punishment is. To me, waiting for decades for a death that may or may not come tomorrow, then suddenly being strapped to a bed and injected with poison, is absolutely cruel and unusual.

Last edited:
It also depends what your definition of 'cruel and unusual' punishment is. To me, waiting for decades for a death that may or may not come tomorrow, then suddenly being strapped to a bed and injected with poison, is absolutely cruel and unusual. And I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Though I can absolutely see your point and wish the death penalty was carried out differently, I respectfully disagree.

Though I can absolutely see your point and wish the death penalty was carried out differently, I respectfully disagree.
And I respect your opinion too, even though I can't see myself ever agreeing with it. Basically none of my family or friends support the death penalty, and I grew up in a country where the last execution was 50 years ago, so it's interesting to hear reasons why some of you are for it.

does anyone have any experience "training" a puppy to run with you? He has way too much energy so I figure leaving him home during my morning runs while he's bored and gets separation anxiety is counterproductive; why not just use his energy and bring him with me? He can run fast as heck, but I know I have to keep him slow since he still has a growing skeleton. he's a little hunter so he has to be on leash... I've seen great reviews for the hands-free, belt sort of leashes but I have this picture in my head of a disaster happening and him dragging me across the street or trail.

I know it's basically like a person training to run to start out really slow and work up his distance and speed, but any tips for the hands free leash or just getting started?

does anyone have any experience "training" a puppy to run with you? He has way too much energy so I figure leaving him home during my morning runs while he's bored and gets separation anxiety is counterproductive; why not just use his energy and bring him with me? He can run fast as heck, but I know I have to keep him slow since he still has a growing skeleton. he's a little hunter so he has to be on leash... I've seen great reviews for the hands-free, belt sort of leashes but I have this picture in my head of a disaster happening and him dragging me across the street or trail.

I know it's basically like a person training to run to start out really slow and work up his distance and speed, but any tips for the hands free leash or just getting started?
Puppies generally have a lot of energy in short spurts, so not sure how long your morning run is and how well he'd handle a longer distance. Lots of walking is good for him, and learning how to walk on a leash is important.

Puppies generally have a lot of energy in short spurts, so not sure how long your morning run is and how well he'd handle a longer distance. Lots of walking is good for him, and learning how to walk on a leash is important.

he walks anywhere from 2-4 miles a day, the longest being about 2 and a half miles in one walk. and he gets back and will still sprint in circles around my apartment for hours. I wouldn't take him on the longer runs in the beginning, obviously, but I was thinking of taking him out on the shorter ones to see how he does... or even following like the "couch to 5k" type thing with him so it's alternated walking/running.

IDK. he's bored and I am in school 8-6 most days so it'd be more exercise and more time together which I think would make him happy... all of my other dogs have been perfectly content with short walks and slept most of the time during their early years. he's lucky puppy #7 and a wild and crazy little guy.. with an excessive barking problem which I'm thinking is a result of his boredom.

he walks anywhere from 2-4 miles a day, the longest being about 2 and a half miles in one walk. and he gets back and will still sprint in circles around my apartment for hours. I wouldn't take him on the longer runs in the beginning, obviously, but I was thinking of taking him out on the shorter ones to see how he does... or even following like the "couch to 5k" type thing with him so it's alternated walking/running.

IDK. he's bored and I am in school 8-6 most days so it'd be more exercise and more time together which I think would make him happy... all of my other dogs have been perfectly content with short walks and slept most of the time during their early years. he's lucky puppy #7 and a wild and crazy little guy.. with an excessive barking problem which I'm thinking is a result of his boredom.
haha...try it...hopefully it'll tire him out

Back