OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
i guess ill never understand why kids go across the country just for a very likely shot at a worlds ring, and then come all the way back to their original team again the very next season. its kinda like "hey i had to leave in order to get a worlds win real fast but im back." sorry random rant.
The Quebecer boys who left for Smoed totally fit in your rant as far as I am concerned.

It was in the 50s when we left Chicago too, which is NOT actually glorious (no pool!!!). I usually LOVE the heat, but this is too much. The humidity is killing me. I am generally someone who hates Chicago because I want to be at the beach or pool every day of my life, but it was so hot on Sunday we couldn't even go to the beach. Today is not as bad - it's "only" like 94.

I'm stuck in my hotel room with a migraine today, so I'm not happy about that.

Unrelated - it drives me crazy when people say they are from Chicago and they're from the suburbs. There are a couple other teams down here from places like La Grange, and we keep hearing them say they're from Chicago. No, WE are here from Chicago. You're here from a suburb of Chicago. I know no one has heard of La Grange, but just say it's OUTSIDE Chicago. Stop trying to claim bad-a$$-ness that isn't yours. [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

One of my friends does that and it ticks me and another one of our friends off who actually has a Chicago address. She constantly tells people shes from Chicago. No. You're from Barrington. Shut up and tell people you're from the suburbs.

That one time you went to Canada and wasn't aware that your American debit card wouldn't work (didn't have the chip that works in Canadian card reader machines.) Oops.

i guess ill never understand why kids go across the country just for a very likely shot at a worlds ring, and then come all the way back to their original team again the very next season. its kinda like "hey i had to leave in order to get a worlds win real fast but im back." sorry random rant.
Maybe they went for reasons other than "just to win a Worlds ring". And even if that was the only reason, I don't see the problem. If the gym doesn't want them back they don't have to accept them.

People need to really really really start reframing cheer as a ONE YEAR COMMITMENT.

Gyms don't own kids.

They take the sport one season at a time and have the right to go anywhere for any reason after the current season is over.

People need to really really really start reframing cheer as a ONE YEAR COMMITMENT.

Gyms don't own kids.

They take the sport one season at a time and have the right to go anywhere for any reason after the current season is over.
It's surprising how many gym owners/coaches don't understand this.

2yvl1u9.jpg

Saw this on Facebook and thought that some of our board members who are going off to college would appreciate this for a dorm craft!

So I have 2 BH cosmetics 120 color palettes that I have used maybe 2 colors out of once. I've been thinking about selling them but wanted to know what the best way would be? And would someone buy them? I've never sold makeup before so idk how likely it is that they would actually be sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted to stay out of this, but regardless of the fact this minor person is on TV, music videos, etc... I still believe that to throw mud at her and call her outside her name is wrong, and I speak for any minor... Someone mentioned about being able to speak a minor's name publicly, but this is beyond this, what the disagreement comes from and as an elder, I again, have no problem discussing a minor's behavior, but name calling is beyond appropriate. Maddie is a very talented young dancer and presently, she is living her life in a fishbowl, her every movements, facial expressions, mannerisms are being televised for mass consumption...I still want to give her the benefit of the doubt and allowances of a minor...jmo

PS: Sorry, put this in the wrong thread- Should have gone in Dance Mom...

Last edited:
Unrelated - it drives me crazy when people say they are from Chicago and they're from the suburbs. There are a couple other teams down here from places like La Grange, and we keep hearing them say they're from Chicago. No, WE are here from Chicago. You're here from a suburb of Chicago. I know no one has heard of La Grange, but just say it's OUTSIDE Chicago. Stop trying to claim bad-a$$-ness that isn't yours. [emoji12]

This made me laugh. City people are fiercely territorial! I'm from the Bronx and I would never say I'm from NYC even though technically I am. If you're from NY then you know that living in even the outer boroughs does not qualify you as a city dweller (even if I did grow up on the mainland ;)).

This made me laugh. City people are fiercely territorial! I'm from the Bronx and I would never say I'm from NYC even though technically I am. If you're from NY then you know that living in even the outer boroughs does not qualify you as a city dweller (even if I did grow up on the mainland ;)).
And us non NYC area dwellers get tired of reminding people NYC does not cover the whole state.

**A million thanks to anyone that can find When will Susie Tic Toc on XtraNormal**

And us non NYC area dwellers get tired of reminding people NYC does not cover the whole state.

**A million thanks to anyone that can find When will Susie Tic Toc on XtraNormal**
I am totally laughing and I cannot agree enough with you'll statements. I must agree being from NJ, I really think all of NY is NYC, crazy I know... But when I was going to school in Nashville, I laugh because many Southerners did not recognize NJ either and we were all from NY, specifically, NYC...This also for the classmates from California, everybody were from LA, hahaha!

I am totally laughing and I cannot agree enough with you'll statements. I must agree being from NJ, I really think all of NY is NYC, crazy I know... But when I was going to school in Nashville, I laugh because many Southerners did not recognize NJ either and we were all from NY, specifically, NYC...This also for the classmates from California, everybody were from LA, hahaha!
Totally forgot about the NJ and NYC border issue as well. Lol

Truth. When I lived in VA and would tell people I'm from Rochester, NY (and I would even CLARIFY that that's upstate) ... they would ALWAYS say, "Oh, lucky! I bet you went into the city all the time! I would love to live so close to NYC!"

No.

Buy a map. Truthfully, Virginia Beach is the same distance from NYC as Rochester is. Do YOU go "into the city" all the time?

Back