OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
When my cousin got married she did the open your gifts with family the next day. She's from Phoenix so all of our East Coast family was out there and his family came over to watch them open gifts. It's not something my family does, and since our family all does checks/cash at weddings, it was awkward to see her opening the cards and more or less announcing the dollar amount for her sister/MOH to make a note of.

We had a few people at my parent's house the day after my wedding (bridesmaid that was going to the airport with us, my out of town aunt) and I felt awkward opening all of my cards/cash with them around and it was even a "sit around and watch the B&G open cards" type of affair. It just made sense to open them and deposit the checks asap.

Couples don't do anything immediately after their wedding to get away and spend some time alone? I guess they could do that in their own home without needing a trip.

That's a great idea for the gift! If I opened it and put it together she probably couldn't return it, but it's on her registry so she probably won't return it anyway.
Yes that would be weird to say the amount of money you were gifted. Usually if it's just a card then we know it will have cash/check/giftcard. They just read the card or say who it's from without announcing the amount received.

I saw a shark today. Lived in Virginia Beach for 22 years and never saw one. Came to myrtle Beach for a week and saw one.

And seriously way too close to shore for my taste. I'll be pooling it for the rest of my trip.

If you're my friend on Facebook you can see my picture of it (lol... Well, my pic of its fin)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's incredibly awkward. And IMO a little tacky to proclaim your cash total, even though I'm sure she didn't mean it that way. I have never heard of the opening your gift with family thing. I've always been under the impression couples want to get away together. Most of my family and friends get a local hotel for the night and then leave for the honeymoon the next day.
I've only been to baby showers, so I never heard of wedding showers before. Since we don't do wedding showers, everyone brings the gifts to the wedding. It's very common here to invite people to watch open gifts.

2yvl1u9.jpg

Saw this on Facebook and thought that some of our board members who are going off to college would appreciate this for a dorm craft!

I need someone to make me a Maine one of those PRONTO. #homesick
----

Today my intern asked "What is Ottawa?" and was completely serious. Help.

A little late to the weather talk, but it's been around 60 here for a month. Everybody's freaking out that we will not get a summer this year lol.

was tottaly just going to say that.. I work almst the entire summer (except for two weeks in the end of july beginning of august) so i could have chosen a better summer to do that! But i think it will come. DOwn here in the south it was like 59 ferenheith but feelt like a lot less sincei do live in skåne wich is always windy. the windy state..

I saw a shark today. Lived in Virginia Beach for 22 years and never saw one. Came to myrtle Beach for a week and saw one.

And seriously way too close to shore for my taste. I'll be pooling it for the rest of my trip.

If you're my friend on Facebook you can see my picture of it (lol... Well, my pic of its fin)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I expect a close up and selfie next time.

**You're 12 and promoting a college recruiting camp. So tell us how your recruiting experience was?**

When my cousin got married she did the open your gifts with family the next day. She's from Phoenix so all of our East Coast family was out there and his family came over to watch them open gifts. It's not something my family does, and since our family all does checks/cash at weddings, it was awkward to see her opening the cards and more or less announcing the dollar amount for her sister/MOH to make a note of.

We had a few people at my parent's house the day after my wedding (bridesmaid that was going to the airport with us, my out of town aunt) and I felt awkward opening all of my cards/cash with them around and it was even a "sit around and watch the B&G open cards" type of affair. It just made sense to open them and deposit the checks asap.

Couples don't do anything immediately after their wedding to get away and spend some time alone? I guess they could do that in their own home without needing a trip.

That's a great idea for the gift! If I opened it and put it together she probably couldn't return it, but it's on her registry so she probably won't return it anyway.
That's what we do back home - open wedding gifts the next day with just a few family members and eat leftover cake - we called it a "cake party"

was tottaly just going to say that.. I work almst the entire summer (except for two weeks in the end of july beginning of august) so i could have chosen a better summer to do that! But i think it will come. DOwn here in the south it was like 59 ferenheith but feelt like a lot less sincei do live in skåne wich is always windy. the windy state..
I work all summer too! I just bought a rain poncho to wear when I bike to work. It's that bad, lol.

I work all summer too! I just bought a rain poncho to wear when I bike to work. It's that bad, lol.
I have worked alot in childcare so i have a rain jacket from then to use so im fine but i feel like the rain never stops!! But well maybe well get a late summer.. hopefully.

Latest posts

Back