OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a real problem... I have a friend who is pissed that the Supreme Court declared that gays can get marry. Before this ruling, I tried to stay clear of any religious conversations with her and I've been ignoring all the Facebook messages about Jesus, etc... But she pushed the envelope and have been blowing up my page with religious slogans, how we as a nation is turning our back on JC, we are living in the last days, etc...
Basically, when she asked my opinion on the topic of gay marriage, I made a mistake and said that everybody is entitled to happiness, now this friend is trying to save my soul, she is convinced that the world is coming to a fast end and Christians must choose sides and I am going to Hell... I do not want to lose a friend, but what should I do?

Last edited:
So my mom is moving across the country and giving me a lot of her stuff including her car. Which is awesome because it's super nice and mine is awful but it's a stick shift :( she tried to teach me to drive it today and I got to the end of the road and had to get out and started to cry hahahahaha I can barely drive a regular vehicle this is seriously such a struggle. :(((((((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had an ex boyfriend give me a car that was a stick shift. I desperately needed a car, and he said, "you can have this one if you can drive it."

You will be amazed at how quickly you can learn when you drive it every day. I think everyone cries when they start to to learn. But I sure did get out there and learn. Lots of people had to get mad at me in the process (all those lights I stalled at [emoji15] ) but I got the hang of it. You'll get it!

It's good to know - less useful than 20 years ago....but still good. Boys are always impressed by it. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's almost three in the morning and I can't sleep. My best friends boyfriends friend (sounds long but they're close) decided to drive home drunk today. After being so incoherent that he was running around in a field away from the people trying to help him. I wasn't there, but I can tell by the descriptions how gone he was and was told "he said he was fine enough to drive home." No.

Want to know something? I can't sleep in a car without having nightmares and waking up screaming. I have to avoid certain areas. I have flashbacks that make me so sick to my stomach that I throw up. I can't sleep some nights. When I see a car accident on the side of the road it all comes back and I completely relive it. I can never comfortably sit in a car no matter the distance. I am constantly staring at the road worrying.

This is all because of the car accidents I've been in. You can tell me I'm dramatic all you want but you don't know what it's like going through all that I have in cars. At 16 I spun across the freeway alone and flew into a ditch with dents on every part of my car besides my car door. That was just one of my experiences. Every car accident Ive been in or been a part of, has been because of a distracted driver. Dont text and drive. Don't drink and drive. Don't do it. It ruins a lot more than the car. I don't care about the fact that "you can do it." Or "it was just once." It doesn't matter. You know what matters? The fact that you can do it safely 1000 times. You mess up once. That's what matters. You ruin someone's life forever. Yet again I know I sound dramatic but I don't want anyone to ever have to feel this way. I'm really tired of the excuses and people thinking it's fine if they get there safely. All it took was knowing someone was drunk driving and I cant sleep at 3am. Just hearing about it made me so sick that I had to puke. Everytime I close my eyes I just hear the shattering of glass.

Sorry for the really long post. I'll probably edit it in the morning. I just don't know what to do right now and want to sleep and can't. I don't know why people put others at risk and dont think about how much they can affect others.

So my mom is moving across the country and giving me a lot of her stuff including her car. Which is awesome because it's super nice and mine is awful but it's a stick shift :( she tried to teach me to drive it today and I got to the end of the road and had to get out and started to cry hahahahaha I can barely drive a regular vehicle this is seriously such a struggle. :(((((((

Driving stick shift can be a lot of fun and is really easy once you learn how to smoothly release the clutch so the car doesn't jump which usually scares people.

As a suggestion go to a open lot or not real busy street that is not flat. Practice letting the clutch out so that the car stays in the same spot and doesn't roll backwards. This will help you learn to balance the clutch and gas.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

I have a real problem... I have a friend who is pissed that the Supreme Court declared that gays can get marry. Before this ruling, I tried to stay clear of any religious conversations with her and I've been ignoring all the Facebook messages about Jesus, etc... But she pushed the envelope and have been blowing up my page with religious slogans, how we as a nation is turning our back on JC, we are living in the last days, etc...
Basically, when she asked my opinion on the topic of gay marriage, I made a mistake and said that everybody is entitled to happiness, now this friend is trying to save my soul, she is convinced that the world is coming to a fast end and Christians must choose sides and I am going to Hell... I do not want to lose a friend, but what should I do?
Either be saved or you are going to need to be straight up with her and let her know you value her friendship but not if she is going to keep preaching to you.

I have been in similar situations and it can be tough when personal, political, and religious views are drastically different but in the end both parties need to respect the other.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

I started my new job last week! I work at a golf & country club with one of my best friends. The only thing that kinda sucks is the morning shift starts at 5:30 am.
In other news I'm going to get my new car tomorrow! If it's as good in person as in pictures. It's a 2008 6spd mini cooper classic. My dream car. Finally things are looking up :)

I had an ex boyfriend give me a car that was a stick shift. I desperately needed a car, and he said, "you can have this one if you can drive it."

You will be amazed at how quickly you can learn when you drive it every day. I think everyone cries when they start to to learn. But I sure did get out there and learn. Lots of people had to get mad at me in the process (all those lights I stalled at [emoji15] ) but I got the hang of it. You'll get it!

It's good to know - less useful than 20 years ago....but still good. Boys are always impressed by it. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My husband's car is manual. We've been together for almost 8 years and he's always had a manual car and still to this day I can't drive it. I really need to learn.

Y'ALL if you like nike pros but are an adult now and don't really like wearing them out or alone or whatever... oh my goodness you need the lululemon what the sport short. they are thicker with a longer inseam than nike pros and have TWO cell phone sized pockets and one waistband pocket. but they feel just like nike pros but they don't ride up while running. like i would never advocate for $58 shorts... but holy heaven. I put an additional pair on my birthday list and will hand wash these every day to wear them for every workout. also they do wonders for your tush.

this has been my random, daily PSA.

I saw Inside Out tonight and I loved it so much. I'm 16 and I cried. Twice. It was so so so good.

@Eyes On The Prize and @Emma Tuttle, I just got home from partially seeing the movie Inside Out... Unfortunately, I took someone's advice and sat through long previews and movie clips and fell asleep through most of the film, I got through to Imagination Island and the 2 emotions and Riley's Imaginary friend missing the train of thought and I woke up to Riley hugging her Mom and Dad and miss being in Minnesota... Okay, how much of this movie I miss?

@Eyes On The Prize and @Emma Tuttle, I just got home from partially seeing the movie Inside Out... Unfortunately, I took someone's advice and sat through long previews and movie clips and fell asleep through most of the film, I got through to Imagination Island and the 2 emotions and Riley's Imaginary friend missing the train of thought and I woke up to Riley hugging her Mom and Dad and miss being in Minnesota... Okay, how much of this movie I miss?

Ummmmmmm just about all of the important feely parts.

Gurl you really gotta do something about that falling asleep thing :p take espresso shots before or something!

I believe in God. I also support marriage equality. The other day someone I know asked my opinion. I told them and received a message telling me I was going to hell.

She has been unfriended.

Back