OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
At least you won't be alone.

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**

wereallinthistogether_zpsfe029b7a.gif

YEAH!

Ummmmmmm just about all of the important feely parts.

Gurl you really gotta do something about that falling asleep thing :p take espresso shots before or something!
Awww! I pretty much gave up going to the movies because my body associates darkness with sleepy time... I've done everything to stay up in a movie theater, but only thing seemed to had help is to only watch the movie, no extras and my husband forcing me to walk around halfway through the movie when he is with me, but I was alone today...

I believe in God. I also support marriage equality. The other day someone I know asked my opinion. I told them and received a message telling me I was going to hell.

She has been unfriended.
Wow, I am sorry to intrude, but how long have you been friends with this person and are they unfriend both online and offline?
Additionally, my hunch is, my friend is maybe reacting this way because she just gone through a nasty and ugly divorce and her ex turned his back on her and their son, so having gays, specifically gay men marrying each other might be perceived as limiting her options, of course this is all in her angry mind...

Y'ALL if you like nike pros but are an adult now and don't really like wearing them out or alone or whatever... oh my goodness you need the lululemon what the sport short. they are thicker with a longer inseam than nike pros and have TWO cell phone sized pockets and one waistband pocket. but they feel just like nike pros but they don't ride up while running. like i would never advocate for $58 shorts... but holy heaven. I put an additional pair on my birthday list and will hand wash these every day to wear them for every workout. also they do wonders for your tush.

this has been my random, daily PSA.
Wash in cold water, detergent only and no fabric softener. Air dry always. You're welcome ;)
(I personally own no Lululemon but former-cp is an addict. At least she has a job so it's okay.)

I had an ex boyfriend give me a car that was a stick shift. I desperately needed a car, and he said, "you can have this one if you can drive it."

You will be amazed at how quickly you can learn when you drive it every day. I think everyone cries when they start to to learn. But I sure did get out there and learn. Lots of people had to get mad at me in the process (all those lights I stalled at [emoji15] ) but I got the hang of it. You'll get it!

It's good to know - less useful than 20 years ago....but still good. Boys are always impressed by it. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Driving stick shift can be a lot of fun and is really easy once you learn how to smoothly release the clutch so the car doesn't jump which usually scares people.

As a suggestion go to a open lot or not real busy street that is not flat. Practice letting the clutch out so that the car stays in the same spot and doesn't roll backwards. This will help you learn to balance the clutch and gas.

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**
Thanks guys!! I'm having most of the trouble with the clutch and stuff. I think having my mom teach me was a bad idea so her boyfriend is going to try lol. Just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I am sorry to intrude, but how long have you been friends with this person and are they unfriend both online and offline?
Additionally, my hunch is, my friend is maybe reacting this way because she just gone through a nasty and ugly divorce and her ex turned his back on her and their son, so having gays, specifically gay men marrying each other might be perceived as limiting her options, of course this is all in her angry mind...
Well I mean, they were still gay before the ruling[emoji6]

Thanks guys!! I'm having most of the trouble with the clutch and stuff. I think having my mom teach me was a bad idea so her boyfriend is going to try lol. Just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Yep. That's the hardest part - getting going from a stop. Once you're moving, it's pretty easy to know when to shift. I don't have any good tips - it's usually just a matter of getting used to each car and how much you have to push the gas and how slow (or fast) you can take your foot off the clutch.

Really bad for cars and clutches, but great for learning - sometimes I would put on the parking brake if I was on a slight incline and worried about rolling back. Then I would pop the break off once the clutch was released and the gas was pressed. Probably don't do this with mom or her bf in the car, as they will lose their minds. :D

The best way to learn is to keep at it, because it's really just getting used to the feel of it.

Well I mean, they were still gay before the ruling[emoji6]
Yes, I know... I worry most because people who have such strong judgmental opinions like this,,, may end up with close family members, ala son, that will force them to rethink their stance on the topic...

Yes, I know... I worry most because people who have such strong judgmental opinions like this,,, may end up with close family members, ala son, that will force them to rethink their stance on the topic...
Haha I know. It was towards the girl that magically thought her options disappeared, not you! Hopefully she will come to be more accepting.

I takes a while. Getting the car to move is going to be awkward at first because the balance with both pedals is hard to find. But it's just a matter of practice. The more you do it, the better you'll get. It doesn't require any special talent, just repeat and repeat until muscle memory takes over and you're not even thinking about it anymore (other than paying attention to the road of course). Also, try to really hear the engine. It tells you everything you need to do (press on/let go of the gas, switch gears, etc).
I remember it's frustrating in the beginning, but really, you just need to persevere and at some point, you'll realize it's become easy somehow.

I didn't realise stick shift cars were not common in the US. Automatic are not common in the uk and I drive a stick shift it canbe hard where i live due to all the hills and winding roads as I live in a valley but once I am on open road its great shift to 5 and stay there until someone of course decides to slow up when the don't need to

Wash in cold water, detergent only and no fabric softener. Air dry always. You're welcome ;)
(I personally own no Lululemon but former-cp is an addict. At least she has a job so it's okay.)

unfortunately (fortunately?) i'm already well beyond an addict... first time in these shorts, though, and had to share since so many love nike pros on here.

also, powder detergent works better than liquid... since it can dissolve completely it doesn't "clog the pores" of the sweat-wicking materials and ruin their stretch. good idea for cheer uniforms, too.

I didn't realise stick shift cars were not common in the US. Automatic are not common in the uk and I drive a stick shift it canbe hard where i live due to all the hills and winding roads as I live in a valley but once I am on open road its great shift to 5 and stay there until someone of course decides to slow up when the don't need to
Shifting through the hills and winding roads is part of the fun.

Automatics are by far the most common in new cars here. They are even becoming more common in sports cars.

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**

It's like riding a bike (or learning a glide kip if you were ever a gymnast!). You get to a point where you think you will never be able to do it but then all of the sudden it clicks and it's so easy and even if you don't do it for 20 years you will remember how! Keep with it!

Back