OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's like riding a bike (or learning a glide kip if you were ever a gymnast!). You get to a point where you think you will never be able to do it but then all of the sudden it clicks and it's so easy and even if you don't do it for 20 years you will remember how! Keep with it!
Thanks! That's exactly what my mom said! Def going to try to be a little more patient and try again. I REALLY want that car so gotta do what I gotta do! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!! I'm having most of the trouble with the clutch and stuff. I think having my mom teach me was a bad idea so her boyfriend is going to try lol. Just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grrr double post. internet is wonky tonight!
In other random news: USA! USA!

Shifting through the hills and winding roads is part of the fun.

Automatics are by far the most common in new cars here. They are even becoming more common in sports cars.

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**

Wind is what makes it scary I can deal with the hills and the winding roads though not without a few choice words muttered when it gets hairy but it gets so windy here that sometimes I cannot go above 40mph without worrying that my car will shift to the other side of the road

Has anyone watched the documentary Somm? It's on Netflix. It's about a group of people and their journey to become Master Sommeliers (aka wine masters). The testing is INSANE and has an incredibly low pass rate. There's only like 150 Master Somms in North America, and only 23 of them are women.

It was incredibly fascinating to see how these people could taste wines and identify so much from them. When I taste wine all I can gather is if it's sweet or not, and sometimes I can't even tell that.
I can't imagine how much wine one has to drink to really understand and appreciate the differences in flavor and quality in various types.

I didn't realise stick shift cars were not common in the US. Automatic are not common in the uk and I drive a stick shift it canbe hard where i live due to all the hills and winding roads as I live in a valley but once I am on open road its great shift to 5 and stay there until someone of course decides to slow up when the don't need to
Dh bought a sports car a few years back that was a stick and didn't even know how to drive it. His friend drove it home for him and then taught him. The great thing about learning to drive stick is that he's now able to rent one when he's in Europe on business and wants to have a car (he loves that autobahn!) and it is so much cheaper than renting an automatic. He even drove a stick in Ireland which I was majorly impressed with!

Dh bought a sports car a few years back that was a stick and didn't even know how to drive it. His friend drove it home for him and then taught him. The great thing about learning to drive stick is that he's now able to rent one when he's in Europe on business and wants to have a car (he loves that autobahn!) and it is so much cheaper than renting an automatic. He even drove a stick in Ireland which I was majorly impressed with!
When he drove stick in Ireland what side of the car was he on?

I'll admit I have driven 3 and 5 speed cars, 5 and 6 speed motorcycles, 9 and 10 speed trucks but would love to try anything that clutches and shifts with the opposite hand/foot than an used to.

**Lets be clear, it was the food talk that locked the thread. Food=bad, Puppies = good**

When he drove stick in Ireland what side of the car was he on?

I'll admit I have driven 3 and 5 speed cars, 5 and 6 speed motorcycles, 9 and 10 speed trucks but would love to try anything that clutches and shifts with the opposite hand/foot than an used to.

The Irish side! It was definitely a challenge but he loved it. He's also a lefty which in some ways may have made it a little easier to make the switch in his brain.

You can't imagine how much bit admit it, you wanna try finding out. #bottomsup

I'm sure all of the Fierceboard parents would, lol. But I'll stick to my virgin strawberry daiquiris.

Back