OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have a 2009 Civic now and I'd like to stick with Honda in the future, but I just can't get over the rear end of the current CR-V. I can't help but look at it and see a big butt. It also seems bigger than some of the earlier versions I've seen. But I haven't actually driven it, nor have I actually seen an HR-V out in the wild, so we'll see what I decide to do. My car is almost 6 years old and I'm starting to get the itch for a new one.
I can definitely see the "butt". And it definitely is a lot bigger than it seems. My past two cars were a Santa Fe and a big a** 97 explorer so I'm used to the size. We took it for its first big road trip this past weekend and I had two guys over 6 ft, another girl, plus a cooler and several bags of luggage in the car and we had plenty of room, not sure if that's what you want or not, for me I prefer more room so it's perfect. My friends HRV should be in by the end of the month so once I drive it I can let you know some differences if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can definitely see the "butt". And it definitely is a lot bigger than it seems. My past two cars were a Santa Fe and a big a** 97 explorer so I'm used to the size. We took it for its first big road trip this past weekend and I had two guys over 6 ft, another girl, plus a cooler and several bags of luggage in the car and we had plenty of room, not sure if that's what you want or not, for me I prefer more room so it's perfect. My friends HRV should be in by the end of the month so once I drive it I can let you know some differences if you'd like.

I think the CR-V is bigger than I need/want. I'm used to whipping around in my Civic. Please do let me know when she gets it!

One of my friends and I were talking last night and she mentioned that her boyfriend has had a ring since March but hes waiting to pop the question. I was joking around saying I better be the maid of honor since we've been friends for nine years and gone through hell together. Turns out shes already planned for me to be a bridesmaid since shes supposed to be the maid of honor in one of her friends weddings. But she said I'm for sure going to be the god mother to her future child and I'm honestly super excited for that.

Just got word that my car is totaled. KBB price is around $6100, but I have rental coverage (thank god!) so I'll be driving this rental until I get the check from my insurance and get a new car. *Sigh*

Anyone have reviews for Mazda CX7, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda CRV, Ford Edge?! (crossovers in general)
So sorry to hear that! I literally went through the same thing three weeks ago, my '01 Camry got totaled after being hit parked outside my house. I don't have too many car recommendations, I ended up getting a 2013 Hyundai Accent and I've had it for like two weeks and so far so good! I hope this all works out for you, I feel your pain!

∂®ª`e
So sorry to hear that! I literally went through the same thing three weeks ago, my '01 Camry got totaled after being hit parked outside my house. I don't have too many car recommendations, I ended up getting a 2013 Hyundai Accent and I've had it for like two weeks and so far so good! I hope this all works out for you, I feel your pain!
Thanks! Sad thing is was it was paid for, had brand new tires on it, and had 64,xxx miles on it. (It was my great-grandmothers before me and she never really drove it)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Waiting for a total loss adjustor to come out and price it, so hopefully above KBB price!

But on another note... I got into my schools Medical Assisting program! It's 1 year with a month long externship and I am so excited! Hopefully after that I can take the HESI A2 and pass it this time and apply for a nursing program! :D

Well since we're talking about cars- I officially learned to drive stick shift and get to say bye to my 2000 Grand Prix and hello to my moms 2012 Sonic [emoji1][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] so excited!!! Still a little rusty (mostly on stopping/going n stuff) but I should get then hang of it considering I've only been doing it for like 3 days!

But on another note... I got into my schools Medical Assisting program! It's 1 year with a month long externship and I am so excited! Hopefully after that I can take the HESI A2 and pass it this time and apply for a nursing program! :D
congrats that's awesome!! I did really well on the HESI A2 test and passed the first time I took it. Here's a link to the practice guide I got! (I found it really helpful to do the practice tests, and thought they were similar to the actual test) McGraw-Hill's 3 Evolve Reach (HESI) A2 Practice Tests: 9780071800570: Medicine & Health Science Books @ Amazon.com

and speaking of nursing school...I resubmitted my application so hopefully I will get accepted and be able to attend nursing school in the spring. and also on that note, in eight weeks I took three different courses (statistics, anatomy and physiology II, and a communications course) and got A's in all of them so I really hope that will help me.

Just got word that my car is totaled. KBB price is around $6100, but I have rental coverage (thank god!) so I'll be driving this rental until I get the check from my insurance and get a new car. *Sigh*

Anyone have reviews for Mazda CX7, Chevrolet Equinox, Honda CRV, Ford Edge?! (crossovers in general)
I bought a 2015 Equinox in March, I'm in love! I do a lot of highway driving and commute an hour each way to work and get around 30 mpg. I get GM discount so the only other car I test drove was the Trax and it felt a lot to me like a Cruze. My car dealer told me that was the basic idea, and my sister has a Cruze and I hate it. Mine is the 1LT with sunroof, the convenience package, and then I have mud guards and some cargo thing and fog lights only because the closest one my dealer could find with the features I want had those 3 things as well.

I just used this juicer I got a while back for the first time it's interesting. It's VERY loud, however it made a decent amount for what little input into it. Trying to make this a habit from now on. We'll see how it goes.

Feel free to pass this rant. So I'm interning at the local police department. When I scheduled my ride a long, the lady told me what I'm wearing would be perfect (jeans and a tshirt). Normally they tell me slacks and a nice shirt so I just asked to clarify and make sure and she said jeans and tshirt in case I get dirty. First and second ride along I wore jeans and a tshirt and was fine. I go today and Sergeant chews me out for not wearing appropriate clothes and makes me go home and change. I get he's just stricter than the others and doesn't want to get in trouble just in case but I'm so embarassed I was in tears on the way home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Feel free to pass this rant. So I'm interning at the local police department. When I scheduled my ride a long, the lady told me what I'm wearing would be perfect (jeans and a tshirt). Normally they tell me slacks and a nice shirt so I just asked to clarify and make sure and she said jeans and tshirt in case I get dirty. First and second ride along I wore jeans and a tshirt and was fine. I go today and Sergeant chews me out for not wearing appropriate clothes and makes me go home and change. I get he's just stricter than the others and doesn't want to get in trouble just in case but I'm so embarassed I was in tears on the way home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I hate hints like that because it's, like, well I was misinformed, clearly. That and I went all this time and no one said anything to me so you need to calm down. But then how do you say that without making him more angry. Lol

In other news: WHO KNEW you could JUICE a BANANA?!?! Because I didn't until right this second. I had to do like 4 of them but still. That's epic.

I hate hints like that because it's, like, well I was misinformed, clearly. That and I went all this time and no one said anything to me so you need to calm down. But then how do you say that without making him more angry. Lol

In other news: WHO KNEW you could JUICE a BANANA?!?! Because I didn't until right this second. I had to do like 4 of them but still. That's epic.

Your juicing adventures are thrilling and providing quality entertainment for me this morning.

I just wanted to let you know :p

Back