OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hmm maybe if you just say "I've been thinking a lot about moving out and here's my plan..." That way you're not asking them for permission but you're also not being overly assertive about it. And it kinda opens the floor for a two way discussion about it. Also, I think the more "fool proof" your plan is and how much you show them that you've done your research and are able to make education decisions regarding it, the more comfortable they'll be about it. If they're overly protective then they probably worry about your safety. If you show them you'll be safe then maybe they'll back off a bit.

This is basically what I did when I presented the idea of moving off campus to my parents for my senior year. I showed them all the rent and bills, how the costs would work out, budgeted for food, etc. Basically present them with a proposal where you've thought of everything - rent, utilities, renters insurance. Is your car insurance going to go up if you move towns? What, exactly, do you parents pay for (cell phone? free car? car insurance?) and will they continue to do so if you move out. If they don't, can you afford to pay for that yourself?

I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance (Vegas group routine episode) and one girl has an Nfinity backpack!! Haha. Anyone know who it is?
I don't get to watch it so I wouldn't know who the girl is but I'll tell you Edson on Sytycd has a pretty good cheer background as well as dance! Everyone down here is cheering for him! He is so incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any tips for a first timer on a cruise?! My family and I are going on a 7 day cruise (Royal Caribbean) to Balize, Cozumel, and Roatan, Honduras.

Any tips for a first timer on a cruise?! My family and I are going on a 7 day cruise (Royal Caribbean) to Balize, Cozumel, and Roatan, Honduras.
So many tips! Let's see...
1). If possible fly to wherever your ship departs from (I'm assuming FL) a day before you actually set sail. That way if you have any flight delays you won't have to worry about missing the ship (it almost happened to us on our first cruise lol)
2). Book port excursions before boarding! Then you don't have to worry if there are any spots available left. If you wait to book on board there might not be any left.
3). Find the port of call with the best shopping and make sure not to book any excursions then. They usually have a shopping seminar on board before you get to your first destination and I'd highly recommend going to that. They'll tell you where to get the best deals and all that good stuff.
4). Go to the VIP lounge at Diamonds International (if they have one, they'll tell you at the shopping seminar). Free drinks anyone? Yes, please.
5). Make sure to see if you have any theme nights. For example, Disney cruises have a formal, semi-formal and pirate theme nights. You don't want to be that one person not dressed up on formal night!
6). Try as much new food as you can.
7). When I went to Cozumel the first time we did a submarine excursion which was really fun. And the second time we just did some shopping and sight seeing.
8). Get in the lines to board the ship (and get off at ports of call) early. You'll want to spend as much time on the islands as possible.

Okay I think that's all I have. If I think of anymore I'll post them and if you have any cruise relayed questions I'll be happy to help :)

Wear seabands before you even board to prevent seasickness, and make sure you bring both regular and non-drowsy Dramamine with you, as well as ginger gum. You won't know until you are on board how it will effect you, and if you start feeling sick it is no bueno and takes a while to get rid of that feeling. We are not big cruisers (only gone on two - one like yours but a shortened 4 day version, also on RC, and a 7 day to Alaska) but the first one knocked me for a loop even with calmer waters (and seabands and the patch and Dramamine) and I really lost the first day praying for the trip to be over as quickly as possible. After that I was fine, and was 100% fine on the second cruise although I wore seabands almost the entire time. If you know you never get seasick then ignore this and carry on!

Also, not sure what cabin level you are staying in, but if you are in any type of suite RC offers concierge services that I highly recommend you take advantage of. There was a happy hour every night that dh and I took advantage of, especially those free drinks (told you I recovered after that first day ;)).

Hand sanitizer. lol. I've been on one cruise and I enjoyed it, but I caught a bug going around the ship and spent the whole last day puking. The motion of the boat didn't help.

But I agree with above, about the seapatches and Dramamine. I never get seasick but I could start to feel it occasionally. Bring your own or they have tons at the medical area on the ship. Getting seasick is NOT fun because once your on board there's nothing you can do to stop it. So try to prevent it whenever you can!

My advice is to try as much food as possible, but still remember your regular diet. I ate so much rich food the first two days that my body just shut down and I couldn't eat for a day and a half because I was constantly running to the bathroom. That's terribly gross, but it's my only advice.

Back