OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yup, new environment and the resident cat is going to assert dominance. Should be okay shortly.

**I love you, you love me, we're a happy family....**
I know :( my kitten hasn't been around other dogs (my mom has 6) or cats since I got her from the shelter about 5 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do people balance two jobs that don't have set schedules? Like do you just tell each one that you can only work certain times or days?

I know, right?
(Or any of the cast members. I'm also partial to Jonathan Groff.)

There's an actress in the ensemble who grew up in the small town my college is in. Apparently in "The Room Where It Happens", when they're singing about everyone fighting over where the US capital should be, everyone yells out their hometown. I always strain to listen for "ONEONTA" but I always hear Toronto and I'm like.... that's not even the US.

Two kids I graduated with last year (they're 18) just got engaged. That makes 4 different engagements in my graduating class.
Meanwhile I can't even find a date to semiformal :cool:

Ugh. So I'm a Junior this year and the big thing junior year is the scholarly paper, which is a giant research paper that is required to graduate. I've already given up on two topics (Should cheerleading have stricter rules to be less dangerous? and Should band be required for students to take?) and I'm all out of ideas. It has to be a question that can have two sides, and can't be cliche or too controversial (gun control/abortion aren't allowed).

Anyone got any unique ideas? It'd be cool to do something related to cheer, band or women's rights or something like that, but I'm completely out of ideas right now...

Ugh. So I'm a Junior this year and the big thing junior year is the scholarly paper, which is a giant research paper that is required to graduate. I've already given up on two topics (Should cheerleading have stricter rules to be less dangerous? and Should band be required for students to take?) and I'm all out of ideas. It has to be a question that can have two sides, and can't be cliche or too controversial (gun control/abortion aren't allowed).

Anyone got any unique ideas? It'd be cool to do something related to cheer, band or women's rights or something like that, but I'm completely out of ideas right now...

Do you have access to the Opposing Viewpoints database?

But with women's rights you could really dive into body image/body shaming and feminism. It's not something terribly off the cuff or creative but it is something interesting and easy to find sources on

Ask a librarian. I wish I could be of more help but I won't be at work today because I have a library conference [emoji19]

@RobinSparkles @Official OWECheer Continuing here since the other one was locked.....I don't know if showing teen suicide on tv was a big topic in the early 90s. Degrassi just handled it so well from the start to the finish. Snake finding Claude is still such a mind numbing moment, and it was mentioned in a very recent season when another student committed suicide at the school.

The abortion episode was not shown in the US for a long time. I think I found it online and watched it that way originally.

How about Euthanasia, or as I first thought it was when I heard the term Youth In Asia. Lol

**No trolling without a permit. For a permit please inquire within**

How do people balance two jobs that don't have set schedules? Like do you just tell each one that you can only work certain times or days?
Yup. I worked two retail jobs for a summer. I told one that I could work M, W, F, and the other T, Th, Sat.

@RobinSparkles @Official OWECheer Continuing here since the other one was locked.....I don't know if showing teen suicide on tv was a big topic in the early 90s. Degrassi just handled it so well from the start to the finish. Snake finding Claude is still such a mind numbing moment, and it was mentioned in a very recent season when another student committed suicide at the school.

The abortion episode was not shown in the US for a long time. I think I found it online and watched it that way originally.
I remember seeing that one! Made me permanently hate Liz for being so insensitive.

So off topic, but what happened to Snake after Darcy accused him of raping her?

Back