OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So two of my professors this semester didn't go by the schools grading scale, meaning I shouldve gotten an A and two AB's. Instead I got 2 AB's and a B and Im kinda ticked. AB's are still good, but theres no reason that an 89.5 should be a B since the schools generic grading scale has an AB starting at 88 and going to a 92.
My CP feels your pain. She got a final grade of an 80 in one class and the professor gave her a C. Sent out an email with grades to the class saying he has his own policy and don't contact him about it. I don't understand why colleges allow professors to make their own grading system and why some professors feel the need to be pompous donkeys in general.

I got an A- in my "Media Communication in Society" class SOLELY because my teacher gave me a 75% on participation. 75%. And she emailed out how she was doing the participation grades and that's "average" participation. If I'm participating an average amount why am I getting a 75? And I literally raised my hand multiple times every class (an hour once a week, so there wasn't even much time to talk) and went to every single class. But she called on the same 3 people multiple times every class. I'm not really a person who participates much typically, so I'd normally expect average participation but I really tried in this class because she told us she would be hard on the participation grades. I don't know what more I could've done to get a better grade other than just talk without being called on. And I'm mad because it's just to fulfill a gen ed requirement and it's an A- on my GPA. I got 100% on every quiz and A's on two tests and a high B on the other, 100% and 95% on my two papers. My work shows that I deserve an A and this stupid participation is giving me an A-, and she won't let us argue participation because "she's the judge" -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my professors dropped my participation grade from a 90% to a 65% because I didn't participate enough in class. And wrote "you're smart, let's hear your ideas" on our online classroom as an explanation. Well, I would have participated more if my group members hadn't stole my ideas and said them as their own [emoji58]

AND so I don't double post.

Every time I've asked a professor to bump me up the less than .5% it would take, they've told me no so I stopped asking. And since then, I've had two professors bump me up without me asking, which was nice.

My CP feels your pain. She got a final grade of an 80 in one class and the professor gave her a C. Sent out an email with grades to the class saying he has his own policy and don't contact him about it. I don't understand why colleges allow professors to make their own grading system and why some professors feel the need to be pompous donkeys in general.
Every class I have where the professor has their own grading system it's lower than the typical one. Mizzou doesn't even have a grading system online because it's up to each professor. I hope I never have a professor who requires higher grades than the normal 94 (A), 90 A-, 88 B+, 83 B-, etc! I didn't even know that was a thing, and I'm surprised that a college that actually HAS a grading scale would let a teacher make theirs harder. I'd assume they'd only make it "easier" by making cut offs lower but I guess some professors just need to be difficult...

Luckily, it's up to each department at my school. Generally, an A+=96, A=90-95. (Unless you're the history department. 90% will get you an A+.) And to make in more fun, it's graded on a 4.33 scale. So when people apply to grad schools that use a 4.0, their GPA gets recalculated, and from what I understand, usually ends up lower.

What the heck I want this grading scale [emoji7] but that would suck for grad school.

I regret not choosing history as my major... But not really, because one can't do very much with just a BA in history.

My ex was a history major and absolutely loved it. He always planned on going to grad school though (both of his parents have higher degrees and so does his sister) since his grandparents will pay for it.

Luckily, it's up to each department at my school. Generally, an A+=96, A=90-95. (Unless you're the history department. 90% will get you an A+.) And to make in more fun, it's graded on a 4.33 scale. So when people apply to grad schools that use a 4.0, their GPA gets recalculated, and from what I understand, usually ends up lower.
That happened to me. My undergrad didn't calculate +/- differently. So if you got an A- it was still a 4.0. But when I applied to grad school those A- became the standard 3.7 and my GPA dropped. Thankfully not by much and it was still over 3.9 and I had no problem getting into schools.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Dang it I want that grading scale.... A+ is like a 98% here (and does nothing for your GPA, it's just a 4.0 like a regular A.) And A- starts at 94 which IMO is too high.... Especially since B- and C- start at 82/72 I believe (typically since there's no university grading system)

I shouldve gotten over a 3.o this semester:) but two of my professors use their own grading scale:) i hate my life:):):)

At the university I went to in Wales the grades weren't marked by Letters but by the type e.g. 1st 2.1 2.2 and a 3rd. You needed 40% for a third 50% for a 2.2 60% for a 2.1 and 70% for a first. Out of your three years the first year did not count and then based on a system which is quite complicated it all averaged out with third year having more weight than second year.
I didn't complete my degree and hopefully doing a different undergrad somewhere so d not know if this system is universal for the uk

At the university I went to in Wales the grades weren't marked by Letters but by the type e.g. 1st 2.1 2.2 and a 3rd. You needed 40% for a third 50% for a 2.2 60% for a 2.1 and 70% for a first. Out of your three years the first year did not count and then based on a system which is quite complicated it all averaged out with third year having more weight than second year.
I didn't complete my degree and hopefully doing a different undergrad somewhere so d not know if this system is universal for the uk
I went to Bangor, so Wales again, but I know that it is universal. In my third year the university introduced letter grading but they all represented a third, 2:2, 2:1, 1st. When you graduated your results are numbers still.

One of my professors dropped my participation grade from a 90% to a 65% because I didn't participate enough in class. And wrote "you're smart, let's hear your ideas" on our online classroom as an explanation. Well, I would have participated more if my group members hadn't stole my ideas and said them as their own [emoji58]

AND so I don't double post.

Every time I've asked a professor to bump me up the less than .5% it would take, they've told me no so I stopped asking. And since then, I've had two professors bump me up without me asking, which was nice.

i hated professors who had this be part of their grading for the semester, im a pretty quiet person and unless i knew the answer i wasnt gonna raise my hand....... i mean i show up, i stay awake, i take all the tests, what more do you want. LOL.

Latest posts

Back