OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
A student of mine (8th grader) sent me an email today about the homework I gave for Christmas break and asked me to settle the debate he was having with his sister about Thales' theorem (I think most of you call it intercept theorem). I have students so dedicated that they have math related debates over the holidays :cheering: !!!!!

And just a little something I came across and that math geeks like me might like :
images

Happy holidays everybody !

Providence didn't do A+s, just A, A-, B+, B, B- etc etc etc.

My GPA was pi (my parents divorced my junior year and to be frank I cared more about booze than books at that point), but I was never asked about it at a job interview and got hired at two out of the three places I interviewed for the summer after senior year of college. My body of work that I did as a student (between the school paper, blogging, etc.) mattered a bit more to help me get a job than my stupid C+ in conversational French.

It's been pretty rainy here. About 40 degrees colder and we'd all be in trouble.

i hate the weather right now in florida, its like 80 degrees it doesnt even feel remotely like its christmas and i hate it. It also might be the fact that i have to work christmas day and cant be in Atlanta with family, but blah im over the holidays at this point.

Well, we had the exact same temperatures this Monday that we had on July 31st. And the weather won't change much for the next couple of days. It's really weird that it is this warm for Christmas, but for some reason I don't mind as much as I would have thought.

Was 68 a few minutes ago when I was outside without a jacket and wearing flip flops.

I believe it! When I woke up, my phone said 65. Went to Wegmans around 1pm and everyone's in tank tops! You guys are closer to the ocean so I was like "the temp down there must be close to 70 today." Over the weekend, towns ~35 minutes away from us were getting pounded with snow but we didn't get a single flake :/

I don't want to complain because I LOVE being able to wear flip flops but I just want it to feel more Christmassy.

I also don't want to complain because all last year, after I moved, my coworkers were like "wow we haven't gotten any snow this year" and then bam, MA literally got sh*t on by the Snow Miser. As much as I adore snow I don't want to go through that again. I don't want to jinx it.

I believe it! When I woke up, my phone said 65. Went to Wegmans around 1pm and everyone's in tank tops! You guys are closer to the ocean so I was like "the temp down there must be close to 70 today." Over the weekend, towns ~35 minutes away from us were getting pounded with snow but we didn't get a single flake :/

I don't want to complain because I LOVE being able to wear flip flops but I just want it to feel more Christmassy.

I also don't want to complain because all last year, after I moved, my coworkers were like "wow we haven't gotten any snow this year" and then bam, MA literally got sh*t on by the Snow Miser. As much as I adore snow I don't want to go through that again. I don't want to jinx it.
I know! As much as I love to ski I'd be perfectly fine if it just snowed in the Poconos in PA to give it a good base and then a nice couple of inches every week to add to it.

I was scheduled at work from 12:30 to 8 today and i didnt clock out until almost 10 because we have our giant sale on Saturday so we had to prep for it. People who came in after me got to leave before me because their family was waiting. Uh so was mine. I've worked Christmas Eve for the past four years at this store. I've put my time in.

so this was the crappiest christmas ever... had to work both christmas eve and day, couldnt go home for christmas so i basically spent it by myself.... then had to tolerate constant christmas day updates from my family about how great christmas was going even though i wasnt there........

like im not even gonna celebrate it next year if i have to work again. Im just gonna pretend the holiday doesnt exist, cause it really was the most depressing two days ever.

Latest posts

Back