OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I look at it this way. If I win the lottery this week. Claim the prize. Get the first annuity payment. Suddenly get hit by the bus and die. My parents, sisters, brother, nieces and nephews wouldn't get a dime. So they're stuck living a regular life, having to get student loans and pay off mortgages while their rich dead sister, aunt, daughter rots in grave. It would suck if the payments couldn't go to my family and leave them set for generations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, no way on the annuity, I'd set it up in a trust or several trusts. This would be after I figured out how to claim it as anonymously as possible in NJ. I sure wouldn't be going forward right away and have my name plastered everywhere!

So I had a dream I was at work and @yooolizzi came in and sat in my section and I just kept forgetting to serve her and bring her ranch and eventually she just left and then brought me back dunkin.
My whole dream stressed me out. I just couldn't get my life together to bring her ranch and to refill table 408s water

ETA: when she walked in the restaurant she screamed "it's yo lizzi, I'm hungry!!"
Wait but.... I always order ranch on the side literally every time I go out to eat.. That's too funny!

how sad that everyone's "big dream" when they win near a billion dollars is to pay off student loans. yay America! However, add me to that sentiment.

All I want is to pay off my student loans, pay off my car payment, buy a house, and start my own practice (because I absolutely would continue to work) I'd invest a heck of a lot, pay off my parent's mortgages, set up college funds/trusts for the godbabies/nieces/nephews and set up a nice retirement fund for siblings, cousins, parents, aunts and uncles. My "splurge" would be to travel and import a litter of irish wolfhound puppies from Ireland for me to love :) I'm so exciting. I happen to like my life so I don't want to change everything about it, but not having to worry about bills and money would enhance my life x100.

Paying off student loans is the new American Dream.

I'd pay off so many peoples loans. The reality is that is what holding most people back. We can sustain a good existence in our ordinary careers if it weren't for Sallie Mae and them....

And traveling and keeping my job is my biggest hang up. Like I get 20 days of leave per year, plus 3 working holiday days. I won't be able to take off and travel like I'd want to. Also librarianship is surprisingly competitive (churning out way more graduates than jobs) so it's like keeping my job is almost selfish when there's some poor librarian that graduated years ago still looking for a job. I think I might fund my own position in the library and work when I want to if I win

Last edited:
My oldest is a junior in high school and so we're beginning the college search. Every time I look at how expensive tuition is I get hostile-and I'm talking in-state public school not private school. He has a good sized college fund set aside but then you divide it by four years and it no longer seems so great. I'm seriously thinking of sending him to community college for two years to get the nonsense courses out of the way. Then he could transfer almost anywhere and come out debt free. The more I think about it, the more I'm convincing myself this is the way to go:).

I look at it this way. If I win the lottery this week. Claim the prize. Get the first annuity payment. Suddenly get hit by the bus and die. My parents, sisters, brother, nieces and nephews wouldn't get a dime. So they're stuck living a regular life, having to get student loans and pay off mortgages while their rich dead sister, aunt, daughter rots in grave. It would suck if the payments couldn't go to my family and leave them set for generations.

I wouldn't want my family "set" for life as bad as that sounds. That breeds entitlement. They are the most honest, hard working, humblest, and wisest people I know because they aren't set for life and because of the lives they have led. Someones character is the most important thing to me, not their money. My family would still be fine without the money. They wouldn't be living a life without worries but they've done fine up til now and they'll continue to be OK.

My family would be devastated to lose me even I could have left them with millions and millions more. I know for a fact that they wouldn't care about the money, even while I was long gone. They live a conservative life, money wise. If I did claim the lump sum, I'd leave it all in my dad's name and quite honestly, I can totally see him taking $10 million at most for my mom, brother, and grandparents to live off comfortably for the rest of their days and then donating the hundreds of millions left in my name to things that they knew were important to me so that my name lives on in their world. I know my mom would love that.

I see the benefits of your choice but that wouldnt be my choice. Difference of opinion I guess.

I just turned 19 and still haven't done anything that requires you to be 18 to do... Maybe now is my chance? I honestly can't even really comprehend having that amount of money... But I'd definitely buy myself a car and pay my tuition and my sister's tuition/loans, and put enough for college tuition aside for each of my brothers. Plus my youngest two go to private school so I'd pay their HS tuition through graduation. I'd pay off my parents debt and give them a good chunk because they deserve it. But I'd still have so much left and I'd probs just stick that in savings or invest it till I figured out what to do with it (because I have no children or anyone to set up college funds for and no reason to buy a house or anything else yet bc I'm in college...)

My oldest is a junior in high school and so we're beginning the college search. Every time I look at how expensive tuition is I get hostile-and I'm talking in-state public school not private school. He has a good sized college fund set aside but then you divide it by four years and it no longer seems so great. I'm seriously thinking of sending him to community college for two years to get the nonsense courses out of the way. Then he could transfer almost anywhere and come out debt free. The more I think about it, the more I'm convincing myself this is the way to go:).
Make sure he knows where he wants to go afterwards and that all of the credits will transfer. Myself and way too many others have gotten screwed over and ended up paying more because we went to community college.

Make sure he knows where he wants to go afterwards and that all of the credits will transfer. Myself and way too many others have gotten screwed over and ended up paying more because we went to community college.
He'd probably stay in NJ to finish and I'm fairly certain all the public universities have an agreement that all community college classes transfer. But that is definitely something we'll be looking into!

I just turned 19 and still haven't done anything that requires you to be 18 to do... Maybe now is my chance? I honestly can't even really comprehend having that amount of money... But I'd definitely buy myself a car and pay my tuition and my sister's tuition/loans, and put enough for college tuition aside for each of my brothers. Plus my youngest two go to private school so I'd pay their HS tuition through graduation. I'd pay off my parents debt and give them a good chunk because they deserve it. But I'd still have so much left and I'd probs just stick that in savings or invest it till I figured out what to do with it (because I have no children or anyone to set up college funds for and no reason to buy a house or anything else yet bc I'm in college...)

I'm at the Missouri v. USC women's basketball game right now. Just thought I'd share. It's a good game. Not going well for Mizzou but still good.

I wouldn't want my family "set" for life as bad as that sounds. That breeds entitlement. They are the most honest, hard working, humblest, and wisest people I know because they aren't set for life and because of the lives they have led. Someones character is the most important thing to me, not their money. My family would still be fine without the money. They wouldn't be living a life without worries but they've done fine up til now and they'll continue to be OK.

My family would be devastated to lose me even I could have left them with millions and millions more. I know for a fact that they wouldn't care about the money, even while I was long gone. They live a conservative life, money wise. If I did claim the lump sum, I'd leave it all in my dad's name and quite honestly, I can totally see him taking $10 million at most for my mom, brother, and grandparents to live off comfortably for the rest of their days and then donating the hundreds of millions left in my name to things that they knew were important to me so that my name lives on in their world. I know my mom would love that.

I see the benefits of your choice but that wouldnt be my choice. Difference of opinion I guess.

I don't agree with the notion that money breeds entitlement and I feel like that's something I would never have to worry about with my immediate family. I honestly would be more concerned about that (honestly) if I didn't already know that we're all educated, fiscally aware and intelligent. Like the woman in NC that won last spring that has bailed her boyfriend out of jail to the tune of 21 million.... If I had a family with the propensity for that type of ignorance, then no my money can die with me. I just would find comfort (as much as comfort as dead Erin could find) in knowing they my nieces, nephews and cousins never have to experience having money be a factor in choosing their college education. I know that after my sisters divorce she had to chose between lights and rent. I know that prior to her death my grandmother had difficulty affording medicine. Making sure your family is set for life isn't handing out G Wagons and luxury homes to me....it's making sure they don't have to have the burdens and pitfalls that so many struggle with

(I also pay to have a larger life insurance policy for the same reasoning)

Last edited:
I don't agree with the notion that money breeds entitlement and I feel like that's something I would never have to worry about with my immediate family. I honestly would be more concerned about that (honestly) if I didn't already know that we're all educated, fiscally aware and intelligent. Like the woman in NC that won last spring that has bailed her boyfriend out of jail to the tune of 21 million.... If I had a family with the propensity for that type of ignorance, then no my money can die with me. I just would find comfort (as much as comfort as dead Erin could find) in knowing they my nieces, nephews and cousins never have to experience having money be a factor in choosing their college education. I know that after my sisters divorce she had to chose between lights and rent. I know that prior to her death my grandmother had difficulty affording medicine. Making sure your family is set for life isn't handing out G Wagons and luxury homes to me....it's making sure they don't have to have the burdens and pitfalls that so many struggle with

(I also pay to have a larger life insurance policy for the same reasoning)

i just read about this story this morning.. either the girl is extremely dumb, or that guy is extremely controlling. Either way, is she wants to waste her millions on bailing a guy out that was found with 8,000 bags of heroin then whatever, eventually they'll end back to being poor within another few years at the rate they are going.

i just read about this story this morning.. either the girl is extremely dumb, or that guy is extremely controlling. Either way, is she wants to waste her millions on bailing a guy out that was found with 8,000 bags of heroin then whatever, eventually they'll end back to being poor within another few years at the rate they are going.

I think she's dumb and he's controlling....so both. I remember everyone being so happy for her....a single mom with 4 or so kids hits it big.

Mainly I feel bad for her children. Clearly she has no one in her life to guide her and advise her or she's unwilling to listen.

It's her money and her right to do whatever she wants with it....but it's still sad because she's exactly why not all people "need" to hit it big.

I'm at the Missouri v. USC women's basketball game right now. Just thought I'd share. It's a good game. Not going well for Mizzou but still good.

Oh hey! I know two of the freshmen (also like the stars of them team who have both been SEC freshmen of the week) from HS and there are four girls total from my HS that are on the team. I don't really follow women's basketball but they've been doing decently (for Mizzou at least, lots of broken records and press) this year so that's a bummer! Still better than our men's team... :/

Oh hey! I know two of the freshmen (also like the stars of them team who have both been SEC freshmen of the week) from HS and there are four girls total from my HS that are on the team. I don't really follow women's basketball but they've been doing decently (for Mizzou at least, lots of broken records and press) this year so that's a bummer! Still better than our men's team... :/

Is your high school Rock Bridge or Brook...Rock somebody. I remember looking at the roster before the game started and thinking "wow 4 of them came from the same school. They must've had a good team"

I think Mizzou has lost 2 games now (after this one ends). They started off bad (with 3 mins left in the first quarter they'd only scored 1 pt) but their saving grace is that they can shoot free throws extremely well

Is your high school Rock Bridge or Brook...Rock somebody. I remember looking at the roster before the game started and thinking "wow 4 of them came from the same school. They must've had a good team"

I think Mizzou has lost 2 games now (after this one ends). They started off bad (with 3 mins left in the first quarter they'd only scored 1 pt) but their saving grace is that they can shoot free throws extremely well

Rock bridge! And yes, they were amazing. They won 5 of the last 6 state championships (in the biggest class) and the girls who are currently freshman have never lost state. We were the first school to win 4 times in a row in either a really long time or ever... Unfortunately this year's team isn't doing as well. But the two amazing freshmen (Sophie and Cierra) both committed to Mizzou as freshmen in HS, and the other two RB alum are their older sisters. Cierra's dad coaches the women's team and their entire family (there are like 7? 8?) Is super tall and amazing at basketball. Her brother is a junior in high school and was the one in the video that went around last year dunking from the foul line.

Back