OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm terrified that crimping irons will soon make their way into the sport.
My mom let my sister crimp her hair for our family pictures when she was six (2002) and every time she sees that picture she talks about how much she regrets it [emoji23][emoji23] hopefully it doesn't come back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SL&AM your image/link didn't render, but this is the one I have: Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt: Rice Cookers Pressure Cookers: Kitchen & Dining

also, re: the USA Freedom Kids...yeah, it's super creepy, but people were equally as creepy/weird with the songs during President Obama's first campaign. I also do not support using kids as political props. (I covered the performance for work here) I'm just mostly super ready for July and November.

Thanks for this! I'd love to see what you have on Obama that is similar to this; we didn't live in the US during his first election so admittedly, we were highly sheltered from a lot of the political stuff. Our TV got about an hour of news a day and then one hour of The Daily Show & Colbert Report and I never saw anything similar so I'm curious.

SOS please help... I travel for work and unfortunately that means I have to travel while sick occasionally. I have a nasty respiratory infection going on right now so after my flight last night my ears are straight up refusing to pop. I've tried gum, candy, yawning, the hold your nose and blow thing, honestly everything I can think of. Cheer people fly a lot during the winter. Does anyone have anything that will clear your ears? Thanks!!

Thanks for this! I'd love to see what you have on Obama that is similar to this; we didn't live in the US during his first election so admittedly, we were highly sheltered from a lot of the political stuff. Our TV got about an hour of news a day and then one hour of The Daily Show & Colbert Report and I never saw anything similar so I'm curious.

There are links in the piece! Third or fourth paragraph in. Think yuppie San Fran (apparently it was an LA suburb)-types organizing neighborhood children choirs to sing about how wonderful the Obama campaign is in 2007. And a group of kids at a school who were taught an Obama-is-wonderful song.

Either way, they're all...unsettling. (and I'm super proud of me for being able to squeeze in a Donnie Darko reference in a work piece.)

Last edited:
There are links in the piece! Third or fourth paragraph in. Think yuppie San Fran (apparently it was an LA suburb)-types organizing neighborhood children choirs to sing about how wonderful the Obama campaign is in 2007. And a group of kids at a school who were taught an Obama-is-wonderful song.

Either way, they're all...unsettling. (and I'm super proud of me for being able to squeeze in a Donnie Darko reference in a work piece.)

I'm trying to find it. Where these actually put on by his campaign or just those who support him?

Wait, I think I found it @gofriars610 Was it this?

I didn't find anything else that was like it, but if this is it---it's nowhere near as bad as what Trump has done on a few different levels. The biggest being that Obama didn't control this---while Trump did and allowed it before a speaking engagement.

Wait, I think I found it @gofriars610 Was it this?

I didn't find anything else that was like it, but if this is it---it's nowhere near as bad as what Trump has done on a few different levels. The biggest being that Obama didn't control this---while Trump did and allowed it before a speaking engagement.

That was one of them, yeah. And I'm not disagreeing--and I think they're both bizarre. (I was also 16/17 during the 2008 campaign cycle and not nearly as involved as I am now :) )

@SL&AM your image/link didn't render, but this is the one I have: Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6-Quart 1000-Watt: Rice Cookers Pressure Cookers: Kitchen & Dining

also, re: the USA Freedom Kids...yeah, it's super creepy, but people were equally as creepy/weird with the songs during President Obama's first campaign. I also do not support using kids as political props. (I covered the performance for work here) I'm just mostly super ready for July and November.
Double post but that reminds me, whatever happened to Obama Girl?

Latest posts

Back