OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've actually wondered about that (bold part) because over here it isn't that uncommon to hire a service that shovels your snow. I thought that it would be very common - especially in the north. So whoever is looking for a business career during winter: here it is!
We have a snowblower but it's hard for me to work and especially push up the driveway. And of course when we needed it this weekend it suddenly had a flat tire.

Our landscaper does snow removal as do a lot of contractors around here, and it's always good to be on someone's route if you're not planning on doing it yourself just so you're not scrambling to find someone everything it snows enough to need it. His crew wound up doing our driveway and walkway on Sunday :).

Maybe not common in Chicago but in the northeast part of the US we can hire people to plow our driveways shovel our walkways. Very common for local business and apartment buildings to do this. I would imagine in the major cities, NYC, Boston, Etc..., it may not be as common because very few places to remove the snow to.

**Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what boys are made of**

Yeah at home one of my neighbors is a landscaper and he'll plow your driveway for the whole season if you pay him (we haven'y shoveled our driveway in atleast 5 years). He also plows our neighborhood streets before the real plows come along. We have snow plow privilege :)

Also, if you live in an area that gets lots of snow, it is worth it to keep your garage clean enough during the year to park your car in there during the winter. HUGE life saver let me tell you.

It makes me happy when I find coconut milk ice cream that doesn't have a strong coconut flavour.

If you like mint chocolate chip, I find that So Delicious' Mint CC is wonderful. The mint is just strong enough to overpower the coconut taste. Their other flavors are okay, but the coconut taste is definitely there. I also like their chocolate because it tastes sort of like a mounds/almond joy bar but you can taste a hint of coconut in that one.

Yeah at home one of my neighbors is a landscaper and he'll plow your driveway for the whole season if you pay him (we haven'y shoveled our driveway in atleast 5 years). He also plows our neighborhood streets before the real plows come along. We have snow plow privilege :)

Also, if you live in an area that gets lots of snow, it is worth it to keep your garage clean enough during the year to park your car in there during the winter. HUGE life saver let me tell you.

We live in a town house and our HOA fees pay for plowing for our driveway which is nice. We also have a one car garage which my husband parks in - and then I get to dig my car out after the plow pushes a ton of snow against it.

We live in a town house and our HOA fees pay for plowing for our driveway which is nice. We also have a one car garage which my husband parks in - and then I get to dig my car out after the plow pushes a ton of snow against it.

Ugh digging your car out after it's been plowed in in your OWN DRIVE WAY is the worst!

(Atleast this year hasn't been too bad. *knocks on wood a kajillion times because that's what was said last year* Last year though, I could see awful that would be. I think I would've used all the tears I would've cried to melt the snow around my car if that were me :p You wouldn't even have to put salt down after either, its a win-win!)

The problem with snow around here (down south) is that it's rarely ever JUST snow. Just two/three inches of snow is completely manageable. It will snow a few inches, then warm up a tiny bit a turn into freezing rain, freezing over top of the snow. A few inches of snow will give a little when you're walking in it. Ice doesn't give at all. Then it will warm up enough to begin to melt, making it wet and slushy, only to drop below freezing again that night. Then you get a massive ice rink.

Seriously, my ENTIRE apartment parking lot was a solid sheet of ice. That's why you'll see school canceled so much down here. I get a little ticked when people think it's just because Southerners "can't handle snow". Nope, it's ice that's the problem. And no person (much less a car) is well equipped to handle that.

This happened all weekend in southern NC. My roommate finally went to clear her car off to head in to work for a few hours on Sunday morning and she said you could literally see the layers of snow, then ice, then snow, then more ice lol. We also took a video of our parking lot turned ice rink on Saturday night, I'll see if I can find it!

omg this is precious.

Yes, you can get snow off the car. You have to brush it off the windows/roof/hood/trunk. And then when it freezes and turns to ice, you have a scraper that you use to scrape the ice off the window. I've never had to dig mine out of a street though. I have dug it out of the parking lot at school before. Gotta keep a shovel in your trunk!

It's hard to drive in the snow. We got a lot last night, most happened while I was cheering at a basketball game. The roads weren't plowed to well so the drive back to campus was very slow. It's super easy to slip on wet snow (and ice too) so you have to give yourself lots of extra breaking/stopping distance.

As for snow hurting the car, no, not as far as I know. I've never heard of it happening.

This is all from a girl from WI who hates snow. It's 25 degrees here and I'm laying in bed in shorts and a sports bra. I've also never had a heated blanket lol

ETA: Oops, shoulda read ahead since people have already responded to this. My bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like reading everyone's different responses to snow so no worries :)
But from what I gathered from people: go see snow when it first starts to snow and don't live where it snows.

The problem with snow around here (down south) is that it's rarely ever JUST snow. Just two/three inches of snow is completely manageable. It will snow a few inches, then warm up a tiny bit a turn into freezing rain, freezing over top of the snow. A few inches of snow will give a little when you're walking in it. Ice doesn't give at all. Then it will warm up enough to begin to melt, making it wet and slushy, only to drop below freezing again that night. Then you get a massive ice rink.

Seriously, my ENTIRE apartment parking lot was a solid sheet of ice. That's why you'll see school canceled so much down here. I get a little ticked when people think it's just because Southerners "can't handle snow". Nope, it's ice that's the problem. And no person (much less a car) is well equipped to handle that.

This happened all weekend in southern NC. My roommate finally went to clear her car off to head in to work for a few hours on Sunday morning and she said you could literally see the layers of snow, then ice, then snow, then more ice lol. We also took a video of our parking lot turned ice rink on Saturday night, I'll see if I can find it!
Same in Oklahoma. The ice we get here is killer.

Quick question, sorry to post here but I wasn't sure where else to ask....

Is a PM the same thing as starting a conversation with someone?

i know theres quite a few people who go to CEA, so im curious what ever happened to that senior elite documentary thing. I know that the person who did it had a twitter back then and said she would release it once school was done or something, but then nothing happened.

:banghead: im so done looking at bridesmaid dresses !!! i really had my heart set on my bridesmaids wearing a shade of gold dress, but every dress ive seen in stores either doesnt come close to gold, or is brownish gold. Yet pinterest keeps giving me false hopes that there are gorgeous gold dresses out there... i spent all day driving around (in rush hour!!!) going to 4 different stores that claim to carry these gorgeous gold dresses, and not a single one had them or if they ever even carried them.
i texted my sister and others that i was done looking at bridesmaid dresses, and to pick something that is black and bridesmaid appropriate, and that i refuse to step foot in another store to look at them.

i know theres quite a few people who go to CEA, so im curious what ever happened to that senior elite documentary thing. I know that the person who did it had a twitter back then and said she would release it once school was done or something, but then nothing happened.
Damn, I forgot about that.

Why does your husband get the garage? Unless you never have to drive that's not right to me.

Back