OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Today I did my first online physics homework. It was SIXTY FIVE QUESTIONS. We have a new assignment every week. Who on earth has the time to do 60+ physics problems a week in addition to the 7 hours we spend in physics class doing problems that aren't for credit? No thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is lion heart officially out of? I know they practice in either Daytona or Miami.
At my first competition on the 6th, there's a D2 IOC5 team out of Miami on the schedule, but there's no team name so I'm trying to figure out if that's them...
Wasn't Delray Beach the location?

**Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what boys are made of**

Where is lion heart officially out of? I know they practice in either Daytona or Miami.
At my first competition on the 6th, there's a D2 IOC5 team out of Miami on the schedule, but there's no team name so I'm trying to figure out if that's them...
Do they even exist anymore?

Uh oh....
In resiliency training we've been taught to write that email/letter and delete/shred it so you can get it off your chest. However, in the future, don't put an address in the "to". Lesson learned. Probation for the rest of the program...3 weeks in. I'm pretty sure that's a record.

CampusBookRentals.com is great, too! Rent them and they send the envelope to send them back. Super cheap, super easy.

Good to know!

I never rented my books because my campus bookstore would buy your books back, even if you bought them online so essentially I was really only spending ~$50-$100 a semester on books. But I know all schools are different. Some semesters I would even make back more from the book store than I paid for the book online ;)

What I ddn't spend on books though was made up by the costs of my supply lists for my art classes so....... Art supplies are hella expensive and you can't rent or return them lol. Womp womp.

In resiliency training we've been taught to write that email/letter and delete/shred it so you can get it off your chest. However, in the future, don't put an address in the "to". Lesson learned. Probation for the rest of the program...3 weeks in. I'm pretty sure that's a record.

Pro tip: whenever you write an e-mail put the adress first thing in the text-box and don't put in the "to" until you're ready to send the mail. Definitely saved me from sending mails that I didn't want to send more than once.

And I don't know which mail program you use, I use gmail and changed the settings so that I have one minute to undo the "send mail". There might be a similar setting for your mail program.

Pro tip: whenever you write an e-mail put the adress first thing in the text-box and don't put in the "to" until you're ready to send the mail. Definitely saved me from sending mails that I didn't want to send more than once.

And I don't know which mail program you use, I use gmail and changed the settings so that I have one minute to undo the "send mail". There might be a similar setting for your mail program.
It's a gmail through the school, but in my day job I have to CTRL+Enter to get a new line and out of habit, used the CTRL+Enter and it sent the incomplete email. Next time, I'll just put it in a word document. I had the "to" completed because I did need to add the instructor to my contacts. Long story, this instructor is all academia and condescending frequently to many students.
However, at the end of the pinning ceremony, I will be presenting him with a soap sud enema filled with Mt. Dew and decorated with rainbow washi tape. Because...yep, that's who I am. LOL

It's a gmail through the school, but in my day job I have to CTRL+Enter to get a new line and out of habit, used the CTRL+Enter and it sent the incomplete email. Next time, I'll just put it in a word document. I had the "to" completed because I did need to add the instructor to my contacts. Long story, this instructor is all academia and condescending frequently to many students.
However, at the end of the pinning ceremony, I will be presenting him with a soap sud enema filled with Mt. Dew and decorated with rainbow washi tape. Because...yep, that's who I am. LOL

You're scaring me lol...

Today I did my first online physics homework. It was SIXTY FIVE QUESTIONS. We have a new assignment every week. Who on earth has the time to do 60+ physics problems a week in addition to the 7 hours we spend in physics class doing problems that aren't for credit? No thank you

That was my oldest's Calc class last semester. Endless problems.

I'm making cp take IB Physics in the fall (it was recommended by her current science teacher). Are you available as a paid tutor via Skype if she needs it? :)

That was my oldest's Calc class last semester. Endless problems.

I'm making cp take IB Physics in the fall (it was recommended by her current science teacher). Are you available as a paid tutor via Skype if she needs it? :)
Ugh. My calc is the same way - 33 online problems a week plus around 15 we're "expected" to do on paper after we finish each section, so approximately after every class (MWF). I just don't do the paper ones.... Oops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if I'm really struggling I do but I mostly just do online and save the paper ones for review before tests if I need it. Luckily(/unluckily) our physics HW is all online...
And lol! Maybe lets see if I pass it first ;)

P.S. Who in the world invented these programs for online math and science homework? Whoever they are, we're not friends!

Latest posts

Back