OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
alright i need advice, so i basically got the job on the spot, the only kicker is that it pays one dollar less and im kinda wanting to make at least the same amount im making now or more. I told the guy i was extremely interested in the position, and that id give him a call tomorrow letting him know for sure (so i could discuss it with my fiance/boyfriend etc)

How do i bring up pay rate, i know it can be a pretty touchy subject when getting a job and all, but i dont know if i for sure would take it unless i could make what im making currently. I mean ive been in the restaurant/cook industry for 9 years now, so it doesnt sound completely unreasonable.

how would you bring this up, if you were in my position.

Call them back and thank them for the offer. Ask them about potential growth in the company. You could say, "Thanks for the offer. I was just curious as to how people move up in the company. I understand that pay starts at X, but it is possible to receive a raise relatively soon. I was hoping to make X amount and I am hoping to reach that within X months."

Have a conversation about it and see what they say. When I started at my job as an associate, I received a raise after 3 weeks even though I didn't ask for it nor was it review time for the company. (I later found out they were grooming me to be a manager.) But, it might be their policy to start at one rate and then they will quickly give you a raise once they see you are capable.

I'm a software engineer, so a couple of the hours was standing at a whiteboard coding, one hour was lunch, and two hours of problem solving/talking to managers. Very exhausting, but pretty typical for the industry.

If it's better for your career, sometimes a pay cut can be worth it. But I wouldn't show your cards right away - try and negotiate the salary before you accept.

Yep! Don't ever be afraid of a pay cut to advance your career or to find a better position for you/work environment

I took a 7K pay cut to move to public libraries and then a 2k pay cut to move back home to the library system where I'm from. Less than a year working I was promoted and now make more than I started out making when I took the first pay cut. When I first loss the money it sucked, but in hindsight I wouldn't have the position I have now had I not been willing.

During the interview did you ask about opportunity for advancement or performance raises? I don't know if it's too late to ask but it's always something to bring up during the hiring process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin added me to a Fitbit challenge this week where you compete to take the most steps Monday-Friday. I think I need to be in a challenge all the time, because it's SO motivating to someone as competitive as me. I worked out every day this week and walked places when my friends could've driven me because I didn't want to lose :oops: I'm winning right now but it's so close I might have to go on a random stroll later. I don't even know anyone in the challenge besides my cousin and my aunt.
Also, totally thought I had it in the bag going in because, ya know, I'm a college student without a car and they're all adults with day jobs aka (hypothetically) they don't walk as much. NOPE. The first day I checked it and realized I was in 4th but significantly behind the top 3! I don't know what they all do (besides my cousin who is a librarian) but dang they all take a lot of steps every day!

My cousin added me to a Fitbit challenge this week where you compete to take the most steps Monday-Friday. I think I need to be in a challenge all the time, because it's SO motivating to someone as competitive as me. I worked out every day this week and walked places when my friends could've driven me because I didn't want to lose :oops: I'm winning right now but it's so close I might have to go on a random stroll later. I don't even know anyone in the challenge besides my cousin and my aunt.
Also, totally thought I had it in the bag going in because, ya know, I'm a college student without a car and they're all adults with day jobs aka (hypothetically) they don't walk as much. NOPE. The first day I checked it and realized I was in 4th but significantly behind the top 3! I don't know what they all do (besides my cousin who is a librarian) but dang they all take a lot of steps every day!

My mom walks like 23,000 steps a day. Granted she works at a factory, but when I'm at my internship I barely get a mile.

Can you use the ignore feature on a phone/tapatalk? I feel like I vaguely remember someone saying it doesn't carry over.

Trump rally happening at UCF today.. Its been interesting to watch to say the least.. UCF keepin it (not) so classy...lol

Even I think that's too much and I like big hair!

Yeah same. I had a look through her page and she doesn't exactly reply the nicest to mean comments, like I understand they shouldn't come on to bully her but she shouldn't be rude back.

Latest posts

Back