OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Tell me you love it. I'm realllllly wanting to get a long bob and I need someone to tell me cutting their hair doesn't make them want to cry.
I cut mine last year and I'm so so so happy I did. I will never let it grow back to as long as it was.

DH has been out of work since September, and he has a job finally!! It's just at a pizza place, and my stepdad is the asst. manager there so he basically got hired immediately, but with the current job market in OK I don't really care. Anything would help at this point. I also should be taking my career progression test (aka promotion) soon and that will be a $4k raise.

Side note: The pizza place he's going to be working at is Pie Five. If you have one near you, you should try the BBQ chicken pizza. Sooo good.

DH has been out of work since September, and he has a job finally!! It's just at a pizza place, and my stepdad is the asst. manager there so he basically got hired immediately, but with the current job market in OK I don't really care. Anything would help at this point. I also should be taking my career progression test (aka promotion) soon and that will be a $4k raise.

Side note: The pizza place he's going to be working at is Pie Five. If you have one near you, you should try the BBQ chicken pizza. Sooo good.

We have a pie five! It's so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of my human resources officers and corporate professionals, I need help!

So earlier this week I had a phone interview with a potential employer and we briefly discussed what I would like my yearly salary to be. Fortunately I was scheduled for a formal in person interview but after some research I learned for that position in my area they pay quite a bit more than what I asked for. If I am offered the position what would be the best way to go about this situation?
There is also the possibility of them offering you more than you discussed on the phone. That has happened to me before. Just once but it happened.

** I don't always cite facts but when I do I make them up**

All of my human resources officers and corporate professionals, I need help!

So earlier this week I had a phone interview with a potential employer and we briefly discussed what I would like my yearly salary to be. Fortunately I was scheduled for a formal in person interview but after some research I learned for that position in my area they pay quite a bit more than what I asked for. If I am offered the position what would be the best way to go about this situation?

They're probably going to offer the average or starting (if it's entry level) salary for the position. It may be higher than what you said. But depending on the industry, they have a "get what you pay for mentality" so they're not going to try to low ball you to cut corners.

I don't know if you're starting out in your career or not, but when asked that question always tell them what you feel you're worth worth (a figure that aligns with the expectations and field the position is in). Negotiating a salary is awkward (I think) but necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alright i need advice, so i basically got the job on the spot, the only kicker is that it pays one dollar less and im kinda wanting to make at least the same amount im making now or more. I told the guy i was extremely interested in the position, and that id give him a call tomorrow letting him know for sure (so i could discuss it with my fiance/boyfriend etc)

How do i bring up pay rate, i know it can be a pretty touchy subject when getting a job and all, but i dont know if i for sure would take it unless i could make what im making currently. I mean ive been in the restaurant/cook industry for 9 years now, so it doesnt sound completely unreasonable.

how would you bring this up, if you were in my position.

i also plan on informing the guy im getting married in May and would need time off and all that stuff. I didnt bring this up in interview simply because after an hour and a half interview my head hurt, ha. and i blanked on asking them about it.

alright i need advice, so i basically got the job on the spot, the only kicker is that it pays one dollar less and im kinda wanting to make at least the same amount im making now or more. I told the guy i was extremely interested in the position, and that id give him a call tomorrow letting him know for sure (so i could discuss it with my fiance/boyfriend etc)

How do i bring up pay rate, i know it can be a pretty touchy subject when getting a job and all, but i dont know if i for sure would take it unless i could make what im making currently. I mean ive been in the restaurant/cook industry for 9 years now, so it doesnt sound completely unreasonable.

how would you bring this up, if you were in my position.

i also plan on informing the guy im getting married in May and would need time off and all that stuff. I didnt bring this up in interview simply because after an hour and a half interview my head hurt, ha. and i blanked on asking them about it.

To the bold: I'm jealous. My interview for my current company was 5 hours long.

When I took my current job, before I accepted the offer I told them I needed X,Y,Z dates off - but I didn't mention it until after my interview when a job offer sounded likely. It's basically a pre-employment agreement.

Call them up and say you're very interested in the job, but you were really looking to make in the $X range where X is 10% or so more than you were hoping to make. It's all part of negotiation, maybe they'll match it, maybe they can't. Maybe if you ask for Your current wage + $1, perhaps they'll counter with your current wage. And also tell them as part of the negotiation that you need those dates off.

Last edited:
To the bold: I'm jealous. My interview for my current company was 5 hours long.

When I took my current job, before I accepted the offer I told them I needed X,Y,Z dates off - but I didn't mention it until after my interview a job offer sounded likely. It's basically a pre-employment agreement.

Call them up and say you're very interested in the job, but you were really looking to make in the $X range where X is 10% or so more than you were hoping to make. It's all part of negotiation, maybe they'll match it, maybe they can't. Maybe if you ask for Your current wage + $1, perhaps they'll counter with your current wage. And also tell them as part of the negotiation that you need those dates off.

i would legit die if i had an interview that long, i think the longest one ive had was for a position at marriott hotels that lasted about 3 hours. I had a friend who interviewed at NASA a long time ago and said the interview lasted 8 hours, both one on one and in front of a panel of people on the same day.....

I plan on calling first thing in the morning and accepting, after talking with my parents and fiance who think its a good move. I definitely plan on bringing up my wedding and the dates, and will have to see if they will match my salary, i would think if they dont id still probably take it at this point.

i would legit die if i had an interview that long, i think the longest one ive had was for a position at marriott hotels that lasted about 3 hours. I had a friend who interviewed at NASA a long time ago and said the interview lasted 8 hours, both one on one and in front of a panel of people on the same day.....

I plan on calling first thing in the morning and accepting, after talking with my parents and fiance who think its a good move. I definitely plan on bringing up my wedding and the dates, and will have to see if they will match my salary, i would think if they dont id still probably take it at this point.

I'm a software engineer, so a couple of the hours was standing at a whiteboard coding, one hour was lunch, and two hours of problem solving/talking to managers. Very exhausting, but pretty typical for the industry.

If it's better for your career, sometimes a pay cut can be worth it. But I wouldn't show your cards right away - try and negotiate the salary before you accept.

Latest posts

Back