OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For me (lifelong Missourian) it totally depends on the setting. If I'm at Panera or some other get your own drink kind of restaurant, I order my food and a coke. When I get to the actual machine, I'm not very likely to choose coke. My parents have an overflow fridge in their garage that we mostly use for drinks. I'll say "mom I'm thirsty. Going to grab a coke, want something?" And come back with anything from water to lemonade to actual coke. In other settings that could be confusing, so I always try to use the brand name when ordering.
Of course you don't get a Coke at Panera, they have Pepsi products :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Approximately how many teams have squad doubles or are close to the full team having doubles? If yall know of any please let me know the team!

Soo I have a question for parents...

I've noticed lately that stepson seems to be holding his breath all the time. He takes big gulps of air and (seemingly) holds it for several seconds, even in his sleep. It's very noisy and annoys the crap out of me (thats not saying a lot since almost everything he does annoys me :oops:). Is this something that I should raise the alarm about...?

We've also been clued in that he might be on the autism spectrum. :(.

ETA: Finalllllyyyy found a page about this on another forum, and apparently its extremely common in ADHD and High Functioning Autism. I'm so happy that I've found others dealing with the exact same thing! Their explanations fit to a T! Other parents are also saying that they're incredibly annoyed by it too, which makes me feel like less of a terrible person for being so annoyed.

Last edited:
Soda. Coke is a brand, you can't just call all soft drinks "coke." That doesn't make sense.

"What kind of coke do you want?"

"Coke."

Oh. Ok.
Technically you are right but how many people refer to a copier as a Xerox even if it is a cannon? The leader often becomes the norm.

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**

Have you ever said you need a Bandaid?
(I agree on the Coke thing. Just playing devil's advocate) :)
Technically you are right but how many people refer to a copier as a Xerox even if it is a cannon? The leader often becomes the norm.
**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**
Or a Q-Tip? Or a Kleenex?

But how much of a difference is there between a bandaid, a xerox, a q-tip, a kleenex and their generic counterparts, and how much of a difference is there between a coke, a dr pepper, a fanta and a sprite? Those are two completely different things.

What Emily said. Saying coke when you know they only have Pepsi is one thing, but calling all flavors of soda Coke is silly.

I realized after writing my comment that using "brand" was probably not the right choice of word for the same reason you mentioned lol.

But how much of a difference is there between a bandaid, a xerox, a q-tip, a kleenex and their generic counterparts, and how much of a difference is there between a coke, a dr pepper, a fanta and a sprite? Those are two completely different things.
I agree with you and I don't call all soda brands Coke. Just trying to point out the idea behind it and how it came to be. And if we want to get technical, while there is a difference, all of those (except Dr. Pepper, which is its own brand) are Coke products so it wouldn't be completely inaccurate. Whereas a q-tip not of the q-tip brand isn't a q-tip at all. It's a cotton swab.

I know I'm just being annoying here. But people like to pass the "Coke" situation off as a stupid southerner thing. Like I said, I don't do it, but I see how it could happen.

Last edited:
I'm from Florida and I hate sweet tea, unsweet tea, ice tea, cold tea, hot tea, green tea, ALL tea. Hate it.

And I hate cheese. All cheese. Sometimes I even pick the cheese off of my pizza, depending where it's from.

Back