OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Now I'm going to make sweet tea!!! Thanks guys

And btw do people really put baking soda in it? I have made it all my life and never heard of it and I'm definitely from the south!
Yess! We do at my house, I don't know what it does but it makes it so much better.

Wow thanks guys

I mean my tea was always good and I didn't think it could taste better ... But I just did it and omg it's so much better! I don't know what it is but it does not have an after taste at all now. It was not really ever a bad after taste but something I had always gotten use to

Eta- I don't know that's exactly the word I was looking for to describe the difference but whatever the difference is im a fan

Wow thanks guys

I mean my tea was always good and I didn't think it could taste better ... But I just did it and omg it's so much better! I don't know what it is but it does not have an after taste at all now. It was not really ever a bad after taste but something I had always gotten use to

Eta- I don't know that's exactly the word I was looking for to describe the difference but whatever the difference is im a fan

Yeah it is supposed to make it sweeter and take away the bitterness. Not that I knew sweet tea had a bitterness to begin with.

Maybe these northerners need to try it

My heart breaks for those that don't appreciate the greatness of sweet tea.

If you're ever in Columbia please meet me for a sweet tea and I'll talk you through it.

I also might be at Cheersport....Look for me by the escalators handing out sweet tea samples....in mini mason jars
I'll be in Dallas at NCA doing the same, we need more people on the sweet tea boat!

I think its the northerners that are weird, you call Cokes "soda" or "pop". Mostly everywhere in the South (i think) we call everything a coke (sprite, dr pepper, root beer).
Welllllll, Coke, Sprite, Dr Pepper are types of soda. If I want a Sprite I ask for a Sprite and if I ask for a Coke I get a Coke.

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**

Welllllll, Coke, Sprite, Dr Pepper are types of soda. If I want a Sprite I ask for a Sprite and if I ask for a Coke I get a Coke.

**nothing brings out the Haterz and SM's better than day 1 of a bid comp. #jealousmuch**
I know lol but here if I ask for a Coke I get asked what kind (i.e. dr pepper, root beer etc)

Down here, if you ask for a Coke, you will likely be asked what kind.

**If you don't know, look in the Fierce Board Terms.**

Last edited:
I think its the northerners that are weird, you call Cokes "soda" or "pop". Mostly everywhere in the South (i think) we call everything a coke (sprite, dr pepper, root beer).

Naw I specify the soda

I've always heard that we southerners call all sodas "cokes" but I've never seen it occur

Nobody has to ask me what time of soda because I ask specifically for a coke or a root beer. But most of the time I drink sweet tea

I know lol but here if I ask for a Coke I get asked what kind (i.e. dr pepper, root beer etc)
Down here, if you ask for a Coke, you will likely be asked what kind,

**If you don't know, look in the Fierce Board Terms.**
So you're saying our way is better since it is more specific and reduces follow up questions thereby saving the server time? ;)

Latest posts

Back