OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Here is a hack I use with my trampoline and power tumbling kids. Use a couple of hair ties to keep the toes together. They are not So big that it bothers the athletes but by putting on their toes they end up thinking about it more. Will post a video to show what I mean.
2ry2982.jpg
Your wisdom knows no bounds.

Does anyone have the Roku streaming stick? That's the thing that allows you to watch worlds on a tv right? Any pros/cons for regular use like Netflix? It's on sale for $39.99 on Amazon right now so I'm debating if I should get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOVE my Roku stick. Haven't had it for Worlds yet, but yes you can stream it on that. You will need accounts for things like Netflix, HBO Go, WatchESPN etc. Access doesn't come with the stick, you still need a cable log in to access them. But once you're in it's great! Find a friend's log in to use.

I have a Sunday morning practice and can't sleep. Lol @ my life. Then school goes back in Aus. How I will miss my holiday sleep in's :(

Apartment hunting can be fun, it can also be stressful! I've had 3 different apartments in Chicago now and each time is a whole new adventure. Anyways, always check CraigsList. I found all 3 of my apartments on there. But, always meet the owner in person and never agree to rent before you see the place. You'll need to understand the lease agreements (most people go year to year, but sometimes you can find less) as well as the rules of the building. CraigsList also lets you go directly through the owner rather than through a company which can be convenient.

Also check out ApartmentPeople and ApartmentFinders (free services that will help you find a good place. they're in Chicago but they might have other locations).

Lastly, solidify who you are living with and then go looking. With my current place, we were going to have another roommate so we spent weeks looking for 3 bedroom places that ended up being a waste of our time when the other guy dropped out. You can all go looking together and agree on a place that you all like.

Good Luck! Feel free to ask any questions at all.
Who I live with all depends on where we get jobs, so thats why its in the air right now. Except I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate living with one because of allergies. She has pet rats and Im allergic so I don't want to say that I'll live with her if I wont be able to breathe the entire time. It sounds like we'll probably end up having a week or so to find a place which is nerve racking, especially if I end up living on my own because I don't think I can really afford it.

Who I live with all depends on where we get jobs, so thats why its in the air right now. Except I'm not sure if I'd be able to tolerate living with one because of allergies. She has pet rats and Im allergic so I don't want to say that I'll live with her if I wont be able to breathe the entire time. It sounds like we'll probably end up having a week or so to find a place which is nerve racking, especially if I end up living on my own because I don't think I can really afford it.

Ah I see. Well, you have to remember that you will be living with these people, so if you know there will be major issues (allergies are major) than make it clear now that living with that person won't person. If you have to go it alone, than do it. If you don't mind me asking, what is your budget? My last studio was 610 (minus electricity, wifi and cable.) But, I've seen studios for as low as 400 per month. It also depends on the area. And yes, having only a week is stressful, but that's also the best time to look at CraigsList. People who post their "for-rents" are usually looking for immediate move ins.

Cheer logic frustrates the ever-living crap put of me sometimes.

@nicolee LOL! I think I saw clouds parting when I read his posts.

ROFL. That is what my athletes call the little Coach David inside their heads....LOL.

I have been doing this as a volunteer since 16 and for pay since 18 so for 34 years of listening, learning, developing, planning failing, spotting, judging, coaching, directing etc I have a larger repertoire of approaches to draw from. Having worked in gymnastics programs large and small, cheerleading programs, directing my own gymnastics programs, co owning a cheerleading program, and now running a power tumbling program, I hope I learned somethings that you cant find online or in a book somewhere. Learning how to teach these skills with no equipment, no pits, no belts and limited people who could spot both sides of a skill definitely makes you become creative in not inky explaining things, but in getting the athlete to fix what you want them to fix. I just hope when i retire from it, someone will be willing to pick up the baton and keep pushing forward in the right way.

ROFL. That is what my athletes call the little Coach David inside their heads....LOL.

I have been doing this as a volunteer since 16 and for pay since 18 so for 34 years of listening, learning, developing, planning failing, spotting, judging, coaching, directing etc I have a larger repertoire of approaches to draw from. Having worked in gymnastics programs large and small, cheerleading programs, directing my own gymnastics programs, co owning a cheerleading program, and now running a power tumbling program, I hope I learned somethings that you cant find online or in a book somewhere. Learning how to teach these skills with no equipment, no pits, no belts and limited people who could spot both sides of a skill definitely makes you become creative in not inky explaining things, but in getting the athlete to fix what you want them to fix. I just hope when i retire from it, someone will be willing to pick up the baton and keep pushing forward in the right way.
And someday soon, I'll snatch one and run.

There were children at Stuntfest back in 2005 when I was there

I even saw what appeared to be an 8 year old with her belly button pierced.

Almost as bad as the incoming 9th graders coming up from the middle school building with tattoos.

Real ones. That their parents signed for them to get.

Latest posts

Back