OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Rant time....:confused:

It's worlds month, meaning I now have cheer 5 days a week.. (My first year on a world's team)
I am a full time freshman struggling to get through the last 6 weeks of semester. (5 finals, 4 midterms, 6 5+ pages papers, a group project, 2 photography projects, and who knows what else in the next 6 weeks)
Busiest month of the entire school year for my sorority.
College cheer tryouts at the end of the month.
And trying to shove my job into there and get any hours possible because hello I need money.
My family is three hours away from school (I'm from California, currently going to school in Nevada), and my mother is currently going through some health issues (not 100% what exactly yet, but it's not necessarily good...)

If I make it out of the month of April alive, I will literally be so appreciative you have no idea.

Oh and I have 12 days left of contacts and my new eye doctor has cancelled my appt 3 times so far, so lets see if I can see at World's :confused: oh and my migraines are to the point where I'm literally getting one a week and my pills aren't working to help them so like that's great. Two weeks ago I had one so bad that I spent all day at Urgent Care and they gave me a shot (something called Toradol?) that was supposed to help but didn't and instead I blacked out and had a seizure.
:stairs: END RANT

Sending tons of warm wishes and hugs! That is a ton to go through, but you'll do it, one way or another, it'll be poof...hello May!

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

my legs in my back handsprings are so far apart you could kick a football through them. Ugh. I've spent 3 weeks now going to practice early 5 days a week trying to fix my legs in back handsprings. It's so embarrassing. My legs are legit 2 feet apart and I'm a level 3 athlete...
I've done everything from having THREE bands on my legs to trying to squeeze a foam block. None of it seems to be working. At this point I feel like I'll never have my legs together.
It's so weird too, like my legs are together when I jump back and then they just split a mile apart, then when I'm in my hand stand they start coming back together then I land with them completely together.
It's been 3 years.
I think I'm cursed with ugly handsprings for life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@tumbleyoda

My next question. Does this only happen in standing, running or both?

While a video would help me personally because I hate to diagnose and correct tumbling skills without seeing them, I would work donkey kicks and HS snap down on a tumble trak or trampoline with a small bean bag between my knees and ankles. By holding it at two points you have to consciously think more about that, so I eliminate the actual handspring until I see you can do it consistently. I make all of our tumbling class athletes still work on this part of the BHS skill from level 2 to level 5.

Next is Jump backwards to HS, fall to hollow body push up position, again with the bean bags. Personally I would spot this or have it spotted.

Same thing with hollow body jump backs with bean bags in both places.

Feel free to send me a video at [email protected] and I will be better able to help you

I think give allstars a go then! If you do school and don't enjoy it, you might regret not trying allstars.

Last night I had a discussion with my tumbling coach about everything and he is really wanting me to switch over. The main problem would be money, but there is potential for me to get some financial help from the gym. Now, my mom and dad are seemingly leaning toward the side of wanting me to cheer for my HS so I can have a senior banner, senior night, pictures in my uniform, etc... Ugh Hard decisions

My next question. Does this only happen in standing, running or both?

While a video would help me personally because I hate to diagnose and correct tumbling skills without seeing them, I would work donkey kicks and HS snap down on a tumble trak or trampoline with a small bean bag between my knees and ankles. By holding it at two points you have to consciously think more about that, so I eliminate the actual handspring until I see you can do it consistently. I make all of our tumbling class athletes still work on this part of the BHS skill from level 2 to level 5.

Next is Jump backwards to HS, fall to hollow body push up position, again with the bean bags. Personally I would spot this or have it spotted.

Same thing with hollow body jump backs with bean bags in both places.

Feel free to send me a video at [email protected] and I will be better able to help you
Oh man you are such a guru.

Does anyone have the Roku streaming stick? That's the thing that allows you to watch worlds on a tv right? Any pros/cons for regular use like Netflix? It's on sale for $39.99 on Amazon right now so I'm debating if I should get one

Does anyone have the Roku streaming stick? That's the thing that allows you to watch worlds on a tv right? Any pros/cons for regular use like Netflix? It's on sale for $39.99 on Amazon right now so I'm debating if I should get one

My best friend has the streaming stick and I have the roku 3 and neither of us have had any issues with it. I use mine for Hulu, Amazon, google play, Amazon video, games (Tetris is solid), and watch ESPN.

My best friend has the streaming stick and I have the roku 3 and neither of us have had any issues with it. I use mine for Hulu, Amazon, google play, Amazon video, games (Tetris is solid), and watch ESPN.
I use my Blu-ray player but I can't add apps. Currently I can watch netflix, amazon, vudu, youtube, mlb, feeln, crackle & a bunch of other useless apps. I'd like to have CBS & Varsity.tv so i've been thinking of switching to Roku. Are you able to add any available tv apps to Roku? If yes does it go through play store or something similar?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I use my Blu-ray player but I can't add apps. Currently I can watch netflix, amazon, vudu, youtube, mlb, feeln, crackle & a bunch of other useless apps. I'd like to have CBS & Varsity.tv so i've been thinking of switching to Roku. Are you able to add any available tv apps to Roku? If yes does it go through play store or something similar?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know there is a TWC app, and I'm pretty sure you can add other tv apps too! It's like an App Store. There is a list of all the apps roku supports somewhere on their website! I remember seeing it when I was debating between appletv and the roku.

I feel like this has been talked about before, but any tips for apartment hunting? I've always lived on campus so I never had to worry about finding housing. I'm still not even sure who all I'm living with, but at the max its going to be three of us.

Oh man you are such a guru.

Here is a hack I use with my trampoline and power tumbling kids. Use a couple of hair ties to keep the toes together. They are not So big that it bothers the athletes but by putting on their toes they end up thinking about it more. Will post a video to show what I mean.
2ry2982.jpg

I feel like this has been talked about before, but any tips for apartment hunting? I've always lived on campus so I never had to worry about finding housing. I'm still not even sure who all I'm living with, but at the max its going to be three of us.

Apartment hunting can be fun, it can also be stressful! I've had 3 different apartments in Chicago now and each time is a whole new adventure. Anyways, always check CraigsList. I found all 3 of my apartments on there. But, always meet the owner in person and never agree to rent before you see the place. You'll need to understand the lease agreements (most people go year to year, but sometimes you can find less) as well as the rules of the building. CraigsList also lets you go directly through the owner rather than through a company which can be convenient.

Also check out ApartmentPeople and ApartmentFinders (free services that will help you find a good place. they're in Chicago but they might have other locations).

Lastly, solidify who you are living with and then go looking. With my current place, we were going to have another roommate so we spent weeks looking for 3 bedroom places that ended up being a waste of our time when the other guy dropped out. You can all go looking together and agree on a place that you all like.

Good Luck! Feel free to ask any questions at all.

Latest posts

Back