OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I havent! I will be in the gym tomorrow night for my tumbling so I plan to ask them then! The main thing that will be a concern is cost of course so that might make or break the decision.
I would definitely check out cost and travel first but if you and your family can afford it and can manage, I'd say go all stars. Especially after what you mentioned had been happening with school cheer.

I didnt want to start a whole thread for this but I was looking for some advice (Warning potentially long and whiny sounding post to follow)
*** Also Just a preface, I have nothing against my coaches! They are all wonderful people and have done so much for my program and I could never speak bad about any of them!***

Currently I am a Junior in High School ( Soon to be senior!) and I have been cheering for school cheer since I was in the 4th grade and totally have fallen in love with the sport. I have been lucky to cheer every single year in between and it has been a bast. In about 8th grade I discovered All-Star cheer and I even remember the first routine I watched (Orange Rays 2012) and I totally fell in love with the sport. I stayed up all night watching routine after routine and downloaded the music to my laptop and jammed out in my room for ages. I even asked my parents to let me do all-star cheer but due to the only all star gyms near us being about 30 minutes away and both of my parents working until 5:30 or later each night, it was not an option. I have been blessed to cheer the last 3 years at my high school and compete at regionals and state but there has been a lot of issues with it. My coach has repeatedly pulled me down onto lower teams for seemingly no reason the past 2 years and the past year I didn't even have a stunt group (I flew my Freshman and sophomore year and some Junior year but was pulled down to base). We have had multiple meetings with my coach and every time he doesn't really have a reason for what he is doing and never really gives me anything to fix. Now by no means am I an Angel Rice when it comes to tumbling or do I have jumps that are hyper extended but my tumbling is maxed out for what my team has and I'm not one of the girls who is in trouble at school and I truly work hard and it has gotten to a point where I am truly frustrated with how things are run and I don't know what to do. I tried out last week, hoping my senior season would be better but like I posted earlier, it already seems like it will be more of the same.

Now, the All-Star Gym that I tumble at is now a Rockstar gym (One of my favorite gym programs!) and I am in a position where all-star is a possibility because I can help pay for it and I can drive myself (Money and travel were two issues). So here is my question; Should I look into all stars or should I try and stick it out with school cheer? I really want my senior season to be a good one and I'm just not sure if it is worth it to try and stick it out one more year if it's going to mean standing in the back and not getting to do anything half the time....
Go for Allstar Cheer you may never get the chance to go for it & may always wonder.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I didnt want to start a whole thread for this but I was looking for some advice (Warning potentially long and whiny sounding post to follow)
*** Also Just a preface, I have nothing against my coaches! They are all wonderful people and have done so much for my program and I could never speak bad about any of them!***

Currently I am a Junior in High School ( Soon to be senior!) and I have been cheering for school cheer since I was in the 4th grade and totally have fallen in love with the sport. I have been lucky to cheer every single year in between and it has been a bast. In about 8th grade I discovered All-Star cheer and I even remember the first routine I watched (Orange Rays 2012) and I totally fell in love with the sport. I stayed up all night watching routine after routine and downloaded the music to my laptop and jammed out in my room for ages. I even asked my parents to let me do all-star cheer but due to the only all star gyms near us being about 30 minutes away and both of my parents working until 5:30 or later each night, it was not an option. I have been blessed to cheer the last 3 years at my high school and compete at regionals and state but there has been a lot of issues with it. My coach has repeatedly pulled me down onto lower teams for seemingly no reason the past 2 years and the past year I didn't even have a stunt group (I flew my Freshman and sophomore year and some Junior year but was pulled down to base). We have had multiple meetings with my coach and every time he doesn't really have a reason for what he is doing and never really gives me anything to fix. Now by no means am I an Angel Rice when it comes to tumbling or do I have jumps that are hyper extended but my tumbling is maxed out for what my team has and I'm not one of the girls who is in trouble at school and I truly work hard and it has gotten to a point where I am truly frustrated with how things are run and I don't know what to do. I tried out last week, hoping my senior season would be better but like I posted earlier, it already seems like it will be more of the same.

Now, the All-Star Gym that I tumble at is now a Rockstar gym (One of my favorite gym programs!) and I am in a position where all-star is a possibility because I can help pay for it and I can drive myself (Money and travel were two issues). So here is my question; Should I look into all stars or should I try and stick it out with school cheer? I really want my senior season to be a good one and I'm just not sure if it is worth it to try and stick it out one more year if it's going to mean standing in the back and not getting to do anything half the time....
Can you do both school and all star?

Spectator lol!
I was asking because maybe you could have been a part of the ICU competition... you never know. ;)

Are you staying at All-Star or at Coronado? Because your pass to Large and Large Coed is included in the price. Otherwise, don't mind me, I can't answer your question.

So I'm randomly researching cold weather cheer gear (because I'm trying to figure out whether it would be best for a team to wear fleece headbands or beanies for a cold weather football game) and LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE at what I stumbled upon!
Triplets cheer at UWGB, Packers games
I ruined the cheatsheet. I cut 10 inches of my hair...oops.

But IMO headbands work best for cold weather since they stay on the best. But for really cold WI playoff games (yay football outside in January) I like a headband with a beanie type hat over it.

I ruined the cheatsheet. I cut 10 inches of my hair...oops.

But IMO headbands work best for cold weather since they stay on the best. But for really cold WI playoff games (yay football outside in January) I like a headband with a beanie type hat over it.

We did headbands in college. Don't you have to wear your hair down for a beanie? It seems more of a hassle than it's worth (unless it's WI in January :p)

We did headbands in college. Don't you have to wear your hair down for a beanie? It seems more of a hassle than it's worth (unless it's WI in January :p)
Yep but I wore my hair down for the headband too!

my legs in my back handsprings are so far apart you could kick a football through them. Ugh. I've spent 3 weeks now going to practice early 5 days a week trying to fix my legs in back handsprings. It's so embarrassing. My legs are legit 2 feet apart and I'm a level 3 athlete...
I've done everything from having THREE bands on my legs to trying to squeeze a foam block. None of it seems to be working. At this point I feel like I'll never have my legs together.
It's so weird too, like my legs are together when I jump back and then they just split a mile apart, then when I'm in my hand stand they start coming back together then I land with them completely together.
It's been 3 years.
I think I'm cursed with ugly handsprings for life...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google's April Fools' Prank Backfired Spectacularly | IFLScience

Edited to add:
@MOPSMommy1 you live in Washington, right? Heard the news about the Hamilton tour coming to Seattle in 2017? (With that show, Something Rotten!, Fun Home, and (maybe) Spring Awakening coming, it makes me glad my brother lives in Seattle...)

I saw the announcement just a few days ago!! CP and I are over the moon excited!! It won't be here until the 2017-18 season, but we will find a way to see it!! We get a lot of great shows here in Seattle. Too bad cheer takes all of my money!

my legs in my back handsprings are so far apart you could kick a football through them. Ugh. I've spent 3 weeks now going to practice early 5 days a week trying to fix my legs in back handsprings. It's so embarrassing. My legs are legit 2 feet apart and I'm a level 3 athlete...
I've done everything from having THREE bands on my legs to trying to squeeze a foam block. None of it seems to be working. At this point I feel like I'll never have my legs together.
It's so weird too, like my legs are together when I jump back and then they just split a mile apart, then when I'm in my hand stand they start coming back together then I land with them completely together.
It's been 3 years.

Body control. :)

Can you feel your legs when you do a handspring? Or do you just completely forget about them and don't realize what they are doing?

It's been 3 years.

Maybe it just means you need to work on strengthening your body for that skill.

If your inner thigh muscles aren't strong enough for you to squeeze and keep them together that might be the issue. Or it might be that you don't have enough core strength and your legs coming apart is compensation for that.

Back