OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
There are plenty of restaurants that turn into card at the door places after a certain time. Lots of bars that are open late also serve food.

There's a restaurant near the gym that we go to occasionally after practice and once it gets close to the bar-only time, they come around and start asking for ids and will make anyone under 21 leave.
I'm familiar with places that do that. However, I'm 90% sure I know what place it was from the pictures. I don't think they're under 21 friendly at 1am on Saturday but idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I can think of is "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom"

Thank you everyone who replied with advice on London's weather! Tomorrow is my only day off work before I leave and it looks like I have a lot of shopping to do lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It varies by competition. The most common (for us in our area) is 6 minutes on the stunt mat, 6 on the tumble strip, and six on a full floor (could be dead or spring). We've had competitions where is was 5 minutes per mat, competitions where it was 9 minutes per mat and pretty much every time in between.

Summit it just a full spring floor with 12 minutes, and UCA was the same way when I competed there (I assume it is still the same now).

American Championships actually had 4 mats, I can't remember how much time we had on each though but it felt like we had too much time. It was essentially a stunt mat, another stunt mat, tumble strip, and then a full floor.
Thank you!! At the competition we're going to next week they've changed to 4 min on the tumble strip, 4 on the stunt mat and 4 on the full floor. Not sure if my team will be able to warm everything up in such little time.

In regards to the "cheerlebrity" in the bar picture/conversation....

Laws do very by state. If the picture was taken in Florida, it is legal for kids to be seated in the bar section of a eating establishment, such as Applebee's. The only reason I know this is because the first year we traveled to UCA they sat CP and I in the bar for dinner. We had flown in late from the west coast and it was 11pm before we made it to a place to eat. I was totally confused on why they were sitting my 10 year old in the bar, but too tired and hungry to care at that point. Had it not happened to me, I might have side-eyed a picture like that, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! At the competition we're going to next week they've changed to 4 min on the tumble strip, 4 on the stunt mat and 4 on the full floor. Not sure if my team will be able to warm everything up in such little time.
That's usually what we get here. I train my kids to warm everything up in 4 minutes. You can create a "warm up routine" and practice to keep it under 4 minutes.

That's usually what we get here. I train my kids to warm everything up in 4 minutes. You can create a "warm up routine" and practice to keep it under 4 minutes.
We try to do that, but it's really hard for a level 5/6 team (my team is level 5) to have time to do all stunts, tosses and pyramids during 4 minutes. Some flyers want to do straight ride tosses, double downs etc before going full out and also we have additional stunts, tosses and pyramids to warm up because we have a chant before the routine (we are being judged on ICU scoresheets).

So.... First ever cheer competition on spring/foam bouncy floor in Sweden coming up Saturday. I'm so excited, but also so scared since we have never even sat foot on a floor like that...
0d0780de296347a7c47b25d65c01bdb6.jpg

Last edited:
This August I am going to be doing a pageant for scholarships and 25% of it is the talent portion. I know that I want to do something with musical theatre related and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good songs that might work. I want to do something outside of the over used songs like Defying Gravity from Wicked and I Dreamed a Dream, etc

i wonder if anyone has ever competed at nca or worlds while pregnant and won. there might be some nca or worlds baby champs out there.

This August I am going to be doing a pageant for scholarships and 25% of it is the talent portion. I know that I want to do something with musical theatre related and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of good songs that might work. I want to do something outside of the over used songs like Defying Gravity from Wicked and I Dreamed a Dream, etc

Yessssss. Here are a few (I linked them and left off Memory and anything from Annie) :
Ring of Keys from Fun Home
Quiet (I think this one would be so so good), Naughty, When I Grow Up from Matilda
Burn from Hamilton
The Wizard and I from Wicked (I think this song is a bajillion times better and stronger than Defying Gravity)
The Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera
Any Dream Will Do, Close Every Door from Joseph
What I Did For Love from A Chorus Line
Stars from Les Mis (Yes I like the Russell Crowe one the best lol)
Breathe from In The Heights (This is one of my fav songs to sing alone in my car)
They Live in You from The Lion King
Without You from Rent

Too bad you aren't doing a duet, there's some really good ones for duets.

ETA: Proud of Your Boy from Aladdin is also an amazing song. I think they originally wanted to put it in the animated movie but stuck it in the musical and it's fun to sing. I also wanted to say "I'm Here" from The Color Purple but Fantasia made it so anyone who sings it after her looks like a fool so :p

Last edited:
Back