OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Lauryn Hill is extremely talented, but I see where folks are coming from being angry. Everyone needs their time and I appreciate that, but lateness seems to be a habit for her. Don't schedule the shows if you can't deliver in a timely manner. It's not that simple when people are using their hard earned money to come see you and you show up hours late. Their time is valuable too. Her one act of being tardy effects thousands. The folks in the crowd, the workers at the show, road crew, babysitters back home.

If I showed up consistently late for my job, I wouldn't have it very long.

I'm under to school of thought of ....you know how she is, if you can't deal with it, then don't go. Everything ain't for everybody.

Lauryn Hill has been coming late to concerts for years. It doesn't make it okay, but it does make it common knowledge amongst her fans and concert attendees

Be upset sure, yeah, it sucks. I'm upset Janet Jackson hasn't canceled her tour because she decided to be 50 and Pregnant....and I consequently cannot get me money back (thnx StubHub)

But also I know that Janet, in recent years has become a notorious concert flake sooooo I should have known better

That's pretty convenient. Have you seen it at any other concerts or just this tour?

c9dfca5490e018d59bc6b0e4bce3cb74.jpg
0cb98dfea45fc0ba163f1cf9b4b9a2e8.jpg

My only issue with it was that it's not heavily promoted. I saw it briefly mentioned on Facebook before the show but I didn't know it was legit Until I got to the GADome and the man handed me the flyer and I saw the tent

And I would feel the way about anyone. Grammy winners on down to the local band at a bar. When it becomes a habit you're taking advantage of others and wasting their money.
Yep. Unless there is a good reason why you're starting late (I went to a concert once where people wouldn't stop pushing people in front of them trying to get to the front so they said they weren't going to start the concert until people started shoving so others didnt get hurt), I expect you to start on time. I took the time to drive to the concert (or take public transportation because parking in Chicago is impossible and expensive. Im not about to pay 50 dollars to park my car for a concert), most likely sit around until it actually starts because you never know how long traffic is going to take, and then drive home (if i go to concerts in Chicago it normally takes around 3-4 hours to get home). I expect you to start on time. Thousands and thousands of people paid good money to see whoever is performing, and they shouldn't have to wait an extra hour or two because the person thinks that they can just show up late.

Has anyone been to Punta Cana before? I know I won't be able to text and call, but will iMessage and FB messaging be reliable ways to contact my family while I'm there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elvis and ?? show just went! Sounds like they all had fun! :) Enjoy your trip!

So I didn't graduate with my class this year because of transferring and generally taking longer and it's just really hard seeing all my peers graduate. I watched Obama's speech at what would have been my graduation and it hit me really hard. I know everyone has their own pace and I should be proud of myself for continuing and that I'll get there but I can't help feeling like a failure. Its just been rough. [emoji20]

So I didn't graduate with my class this year because of transferring and generally taking longer and it's just really hard seeing all my peers graduate. I watched Obama's speech at what would have been my graduation and it hit me really hard. I know everyone has their own pace and I should be proud of myself for continuing and that I'll get there but I can't help feeling like a failure. Its just been rough. [emoji20]

It is quite common to take an extra semester or two when you transfer to a new school so I don't understand feeling like a failure. Nothing wrong with taking things slow to position yourself for better opportunities. Life and all of its responsibilities await you. What's the rush?

It is quite common to take an extra semester or two when you transfer to a new school so I don't understand feeling like a failure. Nothing wrong with taking things slow to position yourself for better opportunities. Life and all of its responsibilities await you. What's the rush?

It's more than an extra semester or two. Due to not making the deadline because of paperwork at the school I wanted to transfer to, I had to do community college for a year in between universities. Because all of the classes didn't transfer equally I'll be in school for at least another year.

When you constantly have family asking so when will you be done and then just getting a look when you say you're not sure, it's really easy to feel like a failure. Seeing the people you grew up with graduating and moving on with their life hurts when you feel like you're being left behind.

And I responsibilities aren't waiting for me, they're here. I got kicked out from living with my mom and am forced to pay rent I can't afford and can barely afford food every month. I have plenty of bills and responsibilities I can't afford because I can't get a better paying job right now because I still have to go to school and don't have a degree yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/Shipt - Check grocery shopping off your to-do list with... | Facebook

Howard?

I didn't know that you went there. I just had to give my coworker a lecture today when she tried to put down HBCUs and said her son only wanted to play basketball at a DI school. Like sis, please.

No I went to Rutgers. But I always wanted to go to a HBCU. I feel like I would've LOVED my college experience way more if I actually went to one.

ETA: I was trying to quote @ErinS but idk why it didn't work.

It's more than an extra semester or two. Due to not making the deadline because of paperwork at the school I wanted to transfer to, I had to do community college for a year in between universities. Because all of the classes didn't transfer equally I'll be in school for at least another year.

When you constantly have family asking so when will you be done and then just getting a look when you say you're not sure, it's really easy to feel like a failure. Seeing the people you grew up with graduating and moving on with their life hurts when you feel like you're being left behind.

And I responsibilities aren't waiting for me, they're here. I got kicked out from living with my mom and am forced to pay rent I can't afford and can barely afford food every month. I have plenty of bills and responsibilities I can't afford because I can't get a better paying job right now because I still have to go to school and don't have a degree yet.

I could only be lucky if my kids had the drive and determination to finish school the way you do right now, especially under those circumstances. I know it does not seem like it now but there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will be so worth it for you regardless of how long it takes.

You are an amazing young lady and despite how you are feeling have nothing to hang your head low for.

@shawtyBHADDx3, I think once you finished HS, all that wanting to graduate with your peers go out the window... I congratulate you for sticking it out and you will make it one day to walk across that stage, if you choose to walk... Frankly, I really think, people stop counting how long it takes to graduate and get a degree. I graduated from Rutgers for the first time when I was about 22, and right beside me was my Mom, and she was well into her 40s, and to be honest, I spotted many more 30s and 40 year olds than 20 year olds in my class. I think the difference is most older graduates do not bother or care about that ceremony, they are out in the world, making that extra cash.

PS: Congrats and forge ahead and get that degree!;)

No I went to Rutgers. But I always wanted to go to a HBCU. I feel like I would've LOVED my college experience way more if I actually went to one.

ETA: I was trying to quote @ErinS but idk why it didn't work.

Oh okay, I just assumed since you mentioned President Obama giving the commencement speech and I know he did Howard's

If I could do it all over again I would certainly go to a HBCU instead of a PWI. And if I have kids I'm going to push HBCUs. Probably not one in the south since they're in the struggle and have been since integration....but that's another rant for another day.

I'll never forget my ex bf's dad saying "you need to kick my son to the curb and go to Hampton". I should have listened.

@shawtyyBHADDx3, if HBCU is what you want I actually have 2 girlfriends that graduated from Rutgers and completed 1 Law School at Howard University and the other friend, went to Meharry for Medicine, even though her dad wanted her to go to Vanderbilt in the South(I think), but definitely, medical school in NJ.

Back