OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm really not getting into this, because quite frankly I don't have an entire day to go back and forth with people on Fierce Board about what types of racism are OK or not. My shimmying was not about you receiving preferential treatment. It was about hypocrisy. Period.

It is not OK to have groups called "black girls club" - even if white girls are in it - because they can dance better. It is not OK to have groups called black fource because they can tumble better. Even if they've had it for years.
Are the girls themselves choosing this? If a group of black girls form a 'black girls club', is that still racist? Who is "starting" these things? Because from the way it was described, it sounds like the girls themselves are grouping together (hence my reflection post about my HS).

I'm not saying it should be encouraged/it's appropriate because it can be exclusionary for a team sport.

ETA: Dang it- everybody is doing ETAs so I keep having to go back lol.

For the record, I happened to pop over to google and type in 'cea senior elite team chocolate.' The first thing that popped up was from Oct 25th, a more famous Male Cheer Tumbler Guy (who is darker skinned) tweeted about hanging out with 'Team Chocolate'. It was a picture of him and a group of darker skinned girls.

Last edited:
Are the girls themselves choosing this? If a group of black girls form a 'black girls club', is that still racist? Who is "forming" these things? Because from the way it was described, it sounds like the girls themselves are grouping together (hence my reflection post about my HS).

I'm not saying it should be encouraged/it's appropriate because it can be exclusionary for a team sport.

I edited my other post to quote you, but I hadn't seen this yet. Then I really am going to work out. It is significantly more important to me to look good on my vacation than to debate what SE is doing.

Yes, it's still racist. It is racist to stereotype people by race, no matter who is doing it. I have always felt this way, and I will always feel this way. I don't need any elaborate sociology 101 blog posts about how people define racism. Forming a group based on stereotypes about races, and excluding people based on those stereotypes is racist. (and the hypocrisy is that it wasn't racist until the white girls club comment was made... Now all of a sudden something that's been going on for years is racist)

I'm not trying to debate this again. People asked what was hypocritical about this, so I'm answering.

Everyone is racist. Seriously. It's a sociological and psychological fact. Doesn't mean anybody is a bad person. If you are aware of your own internal racism, you are able to handle it like an adult. We're socialized to be racist, and that's not going to change any time soon.

So don't try to tell me that you're not racist, because the facts say differently. And like I said, if you're aware of it, you're less likely to be ignorant about the subject. And stop making this poor girl feel horrible about one comment made in poor taste. Because more than likely the people making the biggest deal out of it are the biggest hypocrites in this situation. It's called projection.

I'm guessing you're referring to heresathought's post about seeing it as a pattern for years. I don't think she meant an actual pattern of racism within the gym, just that they have been having separate "clubs" divided by race on the team for years. Which you cannot deny. I have no doubt they're all friends and love each other and I do think it's innocent but it's nothing new and has, in fact, been going on for years. Ms tealy just said it was created in youth elite. That's at least a few years.

And the chola picture was not brought here from social media, the picture made its way to a news website about the cheerleaders being disrespectful and racist. That is different, imo.

And irrelevant random post - does anyone use coconut oil as moisturizer? I just put it on my face and am having a minor freak out that I'm going to be a mess tomorrow but no other moisturizers seem to be working for me

I was just going to ignore his post because if he was in fact referring to me, he was trying to twist my words for his own post. Whatever.

Even without knowledge of the "BGC" or the criteria for joining, I've always seen pictures of black girls together...present day and going years back with the Jamie Christian photography from beach camp.

The captions teamchocolate, shades of chocolate etc. make it apparent that they've deliberately sought to identify this picture as being a racial separation. Whether you agree or disagree with people doing that is your opinion (and like I said initially, I think it's sad) but you can't jump on ONE for doing it with out jumping on them ALL. Black or white the intent of the pictures are exactly the same.

Last edited:
I don't use it but I have used almond oil. It works well. Are you afraid it'll make you look too oily or irritate your skin?

ETA: I wanted to use coconut oil for my face/hair etc. Is there just ONE coconut oil that can be used for cooking and facial/beauty? I've seen the one for cooking but I don't know if it's the one people use for beauty regiment

I was told unrefined for your face (most cooking coconut oil is refined) and organic is better but not 100% necessary.

I put it on in a thin layer and then put a warm wet washcloth on my face for a little bit and then wiped the excess off. So far, so good and my face isn't flaking off for once

I was told unrefined for your face (most cooking coconut oil is refined) and organic is better but not 100% necessary.

I put it on in a thin layer and then put a warm wet washcloth on my face for a little bit and then wiped the excess off. So far, so good and my face isn't flaking off for once
cool thanks. I don't want to put cooking oil on my face. I do the same with the almond oil.

So.....I'm oddly more upset this morning than I was last night. I couldn't have called that one for sure. To the people shimmying the preferential treatment posts, I have no words. Whatever it is you want to say, have at it. You've never let that stop you before....why now?

Now.....I'm going to go get a haircut. I'm going to pick up my child, where's she's been staying out of town and comfort her in person like I've been doing by phone for the last 24 hours. Maybe I'll be back later.

I'm sorry your cp is feeling down, as a parent I can totally relate to how you must be feeling, this too shall pass.

Update on the pepper spray incident I posted about in the previous random thread last Friday: the kid was expelled. We're not sure if the school is pressing charges with the police or if any police reports were filed.
:shimmy:

There are a few blogs that have made several postings on it. I think the blog with the most and possibly the rudest comments is wcss.tumblr.com
Why does it seem like all of these cheer Tumblrs post about cheer 50% of the time and 1D the other 50%?

Oh wow I've never tought my post will turn into 9 pages drama. First I am so sorry for even posting this. I didn't want to tagg Ms Teal because her CP is a minor. I have never been a drama maker here and will never be. This is why most of the time I don't post in theard where drama is going on because I have learned on here if I don't have anything nice to say I shouldn't say it at all. I respect every single member on this site and I'd never try to bring anyone down. Fierceboard has taught me a lot ( you have no idea how many of those life lessons I use in real life) and this is just another lesson for me so I will know next time to keep my mouth shut and PM user directly.

Again...I am really sorry.

I have typed and deleted several posts already.... This one I am going to post:

I know this kid. I know mom, dad, and big sis. It infuriates me that something that was posted in jest... An inside joke amongst teammates... Has been twisted by others to be something it is not. It infuriates me that such a sweet girl is being beaten down by people who do not know her. I do not tolerate ANY form of racism in my home, and I let this one and her sister watch my kids. I did before, and I would do so this afternoon! (In fact, msteal, we could use an afternoon with no kids , if yours are free)

Those claiming to see a "pattern" or "history" of racial division with this team or gym are simply coming up with something that is not there. In fact, I can't think of a place where I had spent significant time that is more open to all than our gym.

What it boils down to is that those ACTUALLY involved, the girls of that team, love each other, and love her... (I haven't met anyone who doesn't love her that has met her). They don't have a problem, because there is no problem. The fact that there is more pressure on her than that vile, vulgar tumblr "author" is a real problem. The fact that this group of girls can laugh with each other and joke about their differences while being a team and LOVING each other says they are beyond worrying about it. If we use kid gloves when they are not necessary, we are CREATING a divide, instead of fixing one.
Thank you. I've been too angry to post anything remotely as diplomatic so I'll just say... "What she said."

I was just going to ignore his post because if he was in fact referring to me, he was trying to twist my words for his own post. Whatever.

Even without knowledge of the "BGC" or the criteria for joining, I've always seen pictures of black girls together...present day and going years back with the Jamie Christian photography from beach camp.

The captions teamchocolate, shades of chocolate etc. make it apparent that they've deliberately sought to identify this picture as being a racial separation. Whether you agree or disagree with people doing that is your opinion (and like I said initially, I think it's sad) but you can't jump on ONE for doing it with out jumping on them ALL. Black or white the intent of the pictures are exactly the same.

Did not mean to twist your words. I thought you were implying history of discrimination or racial tensions in the gym... which is not true. Apologize for that, for sure. These imaginary "groups" have been around a while, for sure.

I just saw wcss.tumblr.com and I'm more disturbed by the D1 disgusting post! I see post by kids separating themselves by race all the time, I'm just curious why this specific post has everyone so upset? A.R from Smoed does it in her IG but I haven't seen any backlash, I'm a minority and I'm not offended by any of this post, I wasn't offended by the chola theme practice either, but that's just me. I'm not saying it's right to post pictures like that in social media but I don't think it's fair to just pick on one kid when there's lots of kids posting stuff like that, ok my rant it over.

Honestly, I'm exhausted by social media and teenagers. I'm so glad I didn't have to learn to navigate it appropriately as a child with an in-development brain. My own child said something on Twitter last year that got him in loads of trouble. He posted a very inappropriate joke. Some random person in a different state apparently searches Twitter for a word he used and saw it, reposted it, and he and many, many other people crucified my son verbally on the Internet. They also sent a screen shot of the tweet to every admin, athletic director, and coach in our school district. Because my son (who actually didn't play any school sports for a year previously) identified himself on Twitter (at some point, they dug deep) as an athlete and as a student of his school, he was put on athletic suspension and ultimately was unable to play any school sports during his senior year. Tough lesson about social media.

Back