OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You pretty much said the response I had typed and deleted multiple times since last night. Maybe people are just wary of getting into another race debate but I think had it been anyone other than Ms. Teal's daughter (so I guess that means we can vouch for her?) the discussion would not have gone the way it did. People wouldn't have been so upset that it was posted here.

I too, don't think she's racist and I'm happy that Ms. Teal addressed it head on and admitted it was in poor taste and a mistake. But even before she responded people were clucking their tongues over the picture being mentioned here.

As someone who has personally disagreed with Ms Teal over race before, over a poster saying that "no colored girls" wore a particular gyms uniform, I can say that my "brushing" off of the post comes from the fact that I recognize that it was brought over to the FB without good intentions and because I've seen pictures come from this team with this type of separation for several years now. I genuinely don't care who Ms. Teal is within the fierceboard community, it could have been Jim Bob's kid for all it concerns to me. A double standard is a double standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I'm not. I don't think we should be skewering anyone, but I'm wondering why we're so quick to call other kids racist or make it into a big discussion, but when it's the child of a well-respected fierceboarder its so quickly brushed off and deemed not appropriate for the boards.
I really am confused as to where you and @NEliteSteven are coming from? I remember only 2 topics involving race and yes, they were heated, but they had to do with actual current events and not someone's IG picture reblogged by a shady tumblr account. I just see it as two entirely separate things and can't see how you can compare. I'm not saying your wrong I guess I just need a better explanation.

I really am confused as to where you and @NEliteSteven are coming from? I remember only 2 topics involving race and yes, they were heated, but they had to do with actual current events and not someone's IG picture reblogged by a shady tumblr account. I just see it as two entirely separate things and can't see how you can compare. I'm not saying your wrong I guess I just need a better explanation.

I don't remember all of the details of the Chola discussion. In both cases, it was a kid posting something on their instagram without thinking that, upon further reflection, wasn't in very good taste. The fact that the latter picture was only brought here a week later because it was highlighted on a tumblr doesn't make it all that different, IMO. They seem pretty similar to me, other than one of them being the CP of a fierceboarder so she couldn't possibly be racist (but those smoed kids certainly could be!)

That discussion about the implications of the chola picture went on for pages and pages. Even before Ms. Teal's response, posters here (many of the same involved in that other discussion) were posting about how "angry" it made them and saying it shouldn't have been posted here in the first place.

Ms. Teal did approach it head on, and I do applaud her response. I don't think we need to continue to discussing the implications of the picture, but my issue is more with the double standard even before that.

Last edited:
I didn't pay any attention to that picture, just because I had just seen the BGC picture. The team I was on last season had something similar, except it was called Black Fource. They were our strongest four tumblers and they called themselves that. It was a name that just stuck and everyone called them that. One of the girls is actually on SE this season, so I just equated it to the same lines as the Fource. No harm, no foul.

I don't remember all of the details of the Chola discussion. In both cases, it was a kid posting something on their instagram without thinking that, upon further reflection, wasn't in very good taste. The fact that the latter picture was only brought here a week later because it was highlighted on a tumblr doesn't make it all that different, IMO. They seem pretty similar to me, other than one of them being the CP of a fierceboarder so she couldn't possibly be racists (but those smoed kids certainly could be!)

That discussion about the implications of the chola picture went on for pages and pages. Even before Ms. Teal's response, posters here (many of the same involved in that other discussion) were posting about how "angry" it made them and saying it shouldn't have been posted here in the first place.

Ms. Teal did approach it head on, and I do applaud her response. I don't think we need to continue to discussing the implications of the picture, but my issue is more with the double standard even before that.
Gotcha. Good point. I didn't remember that the Chola discussion started with an IG picture.

I feel like I'm at confession.................."Fierceboard.....it's been 18 months since my Little Bit has been involved in a scandal and 12 months since my last cheer confession......."

Thank you for the support!!! I appreciate it! Parents UNITE!!
This kinds of things are on a TON of teams. Like you, after so many years of AS, I understand that these kids are usually doing these things as a joke/annual tradition, etc. I applaud your pro-active approach and wish to make sure that your child is protected/understood. Hugs mama....from one "social media stalking mama" to another :)

I find it a bit amusing that some of the people brushing off this whole IG/Tumblr thing are some of the people that jump on just about anybody for anything that could be slightly offensive.

Do I think it was racist/offensive/etc? Absolutely not. But if someone posted it that wasn't as well liked or respected on the board, all hell would have broken loose on here (i.e.- the thread about kids dressing up as cholas for practice.) This would be why I rarely post anymore.

I'm sorry you feel I got preferential treatment. I think the difference is how it was handled. At least, that was my reason for posting about it with the back story. By posting, taking responsibility and apologizing there was nothing left to really discuss. No need to speculate or post 30 pages about reason's why it was done.

Wow. that tumblr is full of vitrol. I swear I have seen a name here , that is similar to the one associated with the wcss tumblr.

I am not looking forward to the teen years, after seeing how this is spreading through the net. I feel bad for everyone involved, because I really do not think that there was hate behind the original post.

And, while there's fault in both sides, there is a difference in an athlete belonging to a program posting on social media with (what could be considered) a racially charged statement and a program hosting a (what could be considered) racially themed practice.

At least to me there is, anyway.

So someone asks someone with a blog that is inappropriate and includes the Cali gym name in it to pls not use the gym name and your problem is they maybe misrepresented themselves?
Interesting.
Agreed. And there are several gym owners (not just CALI) that need to get a handle on their programs being represented in these tumblr and other social media accounts. I understand they can't monitor everything but when it is this far out in the open if it isn't addressed I am going to assume the gym owner doesn't have a problem with this type of trash.

You pretty much said the response I had typed and deleted multiple times since last night. Maybe people are just wary of getting into another race debate but I think had it been anyone other than Ms. Teal's daughter (so I guess that means we can vouch for her?) the discussion would not have gone the way it did. People wouldn't have been so upset that it was posted here.

I too, don't think she's racist and I'm happy that Ms. Teal addressed it head on and admitted it was in poor taste and a mistake. But even before she responded people were clucking their tongues over the picture being mentioned here.

Ashley I have to respectfully disagree. I, as her mother, can vouch for her. The plethora of people on this board who know her in real life can vouch for her. I don't expect anyone to speak up for her, but, there certainly are many people who could if they wanted to. (And nobody did.....so I don't understand your point.)

Thank you. I'm the one that said that we talk about minor's all the time. We/She put it out there and we have to pay the price for that. I don't expect for people not to discuss something because she's my kid. The only thing I don't allow is her face or first and last name to be posted. If people here follow her on twitter and IG and know her name, so be it. But, I've never put her out on the boards that way and I don't let anybody else do it either.

I'm sorry you feel I got preferential treatment.

Last edited:
Wow. that tumblr is full of vitrol. I swear I have seen a name here , that is similar to the one associated with the wcss tumblr.

I am not looking forward to the teen years, after seeing how this is spreading through the net. I feel bad for everyone involved, because I really do not think that there was hate behind the original post.
Yep, and that username on here is the one who was trying to start an argument about something on tumblr on this thread earlier, which I'm still really confused about. Anyway, Hmmm I see a connection there. That WCSS tumblr is out of control immature, it's disgusting.

This kinds of things are on a TON of teams. Like you, after so many years of AS, I understand that these kids are usually doing these things as a joke/annual tradition, etc. I applaud your pro-active approach and wish to make sure that your child is protected/understood. Hugs mama....from one "social media stalking mama" to another :)

Thank you. I appreciate it!

Update on the pepper spray incident I posted about in the previous random thread last Friday: the kid was expelled. We're not sure if the school is pressing charges with the police or if any police reports were filed.
Good! He discharged a weapon on school property (on purpose, no less. He knew what he was doing.) He got what he deserved.

Back