OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Wow. that tumblr is full of vitrol. I swear I have seen a name here , that is similar to the one associated with the wcss tumblr.

I am not looking forward to the teen years, after seeing how this is spreading through the net. I feel bad for everyone involved, because I really do not think that there was hate behind the original post.

Thank you!

I will say when my oldest was on SE it was myspace/facebook and formspring. The social media age we live in is so scary. It's been a learning experience, at least for us. To me there are few things worse than being called a racist. And, it's not true. She is devastated by this. It breaks my heart for her. Those tumblers will be out there when she's googled for college, jobs, etc for the rest of her life. It's a high price to pay.

I'm sorry you feel I got preferential treatment. I think the difference is how it was handled. At least, that was my reason for posting about it with the back story. By posting, taking responsibility and apologizing there was nothing left to really discuss. No need to speculate or post 30 pages about reason's why it was done.

No apology necessary. I have no problem with you or the post. My "issue" is that some of the people posting on here are quick to jump people on just about any topic. But this gets posted, which could actually be taken as offensive by many people, and it's not a big deal. I don't even really have an issue with it, I was just saying that's why I don't post anymore. Lots of hypocritical statements, and too many people thinking that the Fboard is a popularity contest.

No apology necessary. I have no problem with you or the post. My "issue" is that some of the people posting on here are quick to jump people on just about any topic. But this gets posted, which could actually be taken as offensive by many people, and it's not a big deal. I don't even really have an issue with it, I was just saying that's why I don't post anymore. Lots of hypocritical statements, and too many people thinking that the Fboard is a popularity contest.
I wouldn't say it's not a big deal, but rather than having pages and pages of speculation we got a straightforward answer/explanation pretty quickly. Would I have thought the picture was kinda racist/inappropriate if there was no name attached and all I saw was the caption? Probably. But I got an explanation before I saw the screen shot, so I understood where it was coming from and how it was intended vs. perceived.

There are other racist incidents we've had on here, but they were allowed to stew and critique and debate for PAGES. It's not that one is more right/wrong, it's just the handling of the situation determined where it was going and the impression it made. Also because it was a parent, there was the opportunity to be like 'Hey- heads up on how things are going' versus someone making excuses for questionable behavior.

Side note: if you don't want everyone to know who you are/have the FBI on your trail, I HIGHLY suggest taking your email off your tumblr. Especially, you know, if you have your full name as your email address and you like pot stirring. It makes it that much easier to find you. Just a suggestion :D

So I just remembered I never posted any pics of my kitty!

Here is when I brought him home from the shelter 8 weeks old.
b1be3ca6b21673bd5d691280bfac03c4.jpg

And here he is now, almost 4 months old.

513497d619135a47e27ba6bb53cd3a68.jpg

Is it just me or do I still not see why the picture is that big of deal. I get the caption was in poor taste but when you have the exact same picture but with just the opposite, I really don't see the need why someone would try and scare the girl into thinking she's a horrible person or whatever she was accused of.
I also don't get why people would take anything that comes off a site like tumblr even remotely seriously. I look at it like its the black hole of stupidity overrun with people who act like they are in elementary school.
My opinion may be harsh but it took me all of a few minutes to find the one picture of "team chocolate" yet these tumblr kids who probably do sit on the Internet all day couldn't even find it. :confused:

Ashley I have to respectfully disagree. I, as her mother, can vouch for her. The plethora of people on this board who know her in real life can vouch for her. I don't expect anyone to speak up for her, but, there certainly are many people who could if they wanted to. (And nobody did.....so I don't understand your point.)

Thank you. I'm the one that said that we talk about minor's all the time. We/She put it out there and we have to pay the price for that. I don't expect for people not to discuss something because she's my kid. The only thing I don't allow is her face or first and last name to be posted. If people here follow her on twitter and IG and know her name, so be it. But, I've never put her out on the boards that way and I don't let anybody else do it either.

I'm sorry you feel I got preferential treatment.

I have typed and deleted several posts already.... This one I am going to post:

I know this kid. I know mom, dad, and big sis. It infuriates me that something that was posted in jest... An inside joke amongst teammates... Has been twisted by others to be something it is not. It infuriates me that such a sweet girl is being beaten down by people who do not know her. I do not tolerate ANY form of racism in my home, and I let this one and her sister watch my kids. I did before, and I would do so this afternoon! (In fact, msteal, we could use an afternoon with no kids , if yours are free)

Those claiming to see a "pattern" or "history" of racial division with this team or gym are simply coming up with something that is not there. In fact, I can't think of a place where I had spent significant time that is more open to all than our gym.

What it boils down to is that those ACTUALLY involved, the girls of that team, love each other, and love her... (I haven't met anyone who doesn't love her that has met her). They don't have a problem, because there is no problem. The fact that there is more pressure on her than that vile, vulgar tumblr "author" is a real problem. The fact that this group of girls can laugh with each other and joke about their differences while being a team and LOVING each other says they are beyond worrying about it. If we use kid gloves when they are not necessary, we are CREATING a divide, instead of fixing one.

cute cat! And great timing of the post! It's definitely time for some cats!!
Haha thank you :) he is a little psycho. He goes on these random spells where he sneezing like 15-20 times in a span of about ten seconds.

I agree, it's always time for cats :)

I know this kid. I know mom, dad, and big sis. It infuriates me that something that was posted in jest... An inside joke amongst teammates... Has been twisted by others to be something it is not. It infuriates me that such a sweet girl is being beaten down by people who do not know her. I do not tolerate ANY form of racism in my home, and I let this one and her sister watch my kids. I did before, and I would do so this afternoon! (In fact, msteal, we could use an afternoon with no kids , if yours are free)

Those claiming to see a "pattern" or "history" of racial division with this team or gym are simply coming up with something that is not there. In fact, I can't think of a place where I had spent significant time that is more open to all than our gym.

What it boils down to is that those ACTUALLY involved, the girls of that team, love each other, and love her... (I haven't met anyone who doesn't love her that has met her). They don't have a problem, because there is no problem. The fact that there is more pressure on her than that vile, vulgar tumblr "author" is a real problem. The fact that this group of girls can laugh with each other and joke about their differences while being a team and LOVING each other says they are beyond worrying about it. If we use kid gloves when they are not necessary, we are CREATING a divide, instead of fixing one.

I'm guessing you're referring to heresathought's post about seeing it as a pattern for years. I don't think she meant an actual pattern of racism within the gym, just that they have been having separate "clubs" divided by race on the team for years. Which you cannot deny. I have no doubt they're all friends and love each other and I do think it's innocent but it's nothing new and has, in fact, been going on for years. Ms tealy just said it was created in youth elite. That's at least a few years.

And the chola picture was not brought here from social media, the picture made its way to a news website about the cheerleaders being disrespectful and racist. That is different, imo.

And irrelevant random post - does anyone use coconut oil as moisturizer? I just put it on my face and am having a minor freak out that I'm going to be a mess tomorrow but no other moisturizers seem to be working for me

This was unnecessary but appreciated by me none the less!! It's true y'all do know us well. Thank you!

So.....I'm oddly more upset this morning than I was last night. I couldn't have called that one for sure. To the people shimmying the preferential treatment posts, I have no words. Whatever it is you want to say, have at it. You've never let that stop you before....why now?

Now.....I'm going to go get a haircut. I'm going to pick up my child, where's she's been staying out of town and comfort her in person like I've been doing by phone for the last 24 hours. Maybe I'll be back later.

I'm guessing you're referring to heresathought's post about seeing it as a pattern for years. I don't think she meant an actual pattern of racism within the gym, just that they have been having separate "clubs" divided by race on the team for years. Which you cannot deny. I have no doubt they're all friends and love each other and I do think it's innocent but it's nothing new and has, in fact, been going on for years. Ms tealy just said it was created in youth elite. That's at least a few years.

And the chola picture was not brought here from social media, the picture made its way to a news website about the cheerleaders being disrespectful and racist. That is different, imo.

And irrelevant random post - does anyone use coconut oil as moisturizer? I just put it on my face and am having a minor freak out that I'm going to be a mess tomorrow but no other moisturizers seem to be working for me
Not on my face, no. I've used it to condition my hair and and as a base for body scrubs. It's pretty light, though, so as long as you put on a thin layer and assuming your skin is really dry, you should be fine. I've used it as a body oil too on my legs (they get SUPER dry).

At my old HS, the minority girls all sat together at lunch. Our school was predominately white (as is the area it's in)- it's not like I was banned from sitting with them, but several came from the same town or took the same buses so by nature they clumped together. Funny enough, the guys scattered among other groups. I never assumed it was racist or meant to be dividing.

I guess I'm just not seeing the hypocrisy here. Nobody is saying it's an appropriate picture or that it's in good taste. Nobody is defending the photo or making excuses because she's a Mod here. We're also not burning her at the stake- should we be? It was a harsh learning lesson that was taken out of context, versus a group of girls purposefully using a minority group as a costume. Intent and addressing the issue are HUGE ways of avoiding chaos (also- this wasn't on major media, it's in the random thread). I'm trying to understand where you're coming from because I feel like I'm getting lumped in with something, but I just don't see it.

Last edited:
So.....I'm oddly more upset this morning than I was last night. I couldn't have called that one for sure. To the people shimmying the preferential treatment posts, I have no words. Whatever it is you want to say, have at it. You've never let that stop you before....why now?

Now.....I'm going to go get a haircut. I'm going to pick up my child, where's she's been staying out of town and comfort her in person like I've been doing by phone for the last 24 hours. Maybe I'll be back later.

I'm really not getting into this, because quite frankly I don't have an entire day to go back and forth with people on Fierce Board about what types of racism are OK or not. My shimmying was not about you receiving preferential treatment. It was about hypocrisy. Period.

It is not OK to have groups called "black girls club" - even if white girls are in it - because they can dance better. It is not OK to have groups called black fource because they can tumble better. Even if they've had it for years.

Would it be OK to have a "white girls club" because they have pretty, shiny hair? Or good credit? (yes, I'm intentionally being ridiculous and using typical racist stereotypes to make a point; no, I don't think white girls have prettier hair or better credit. Those were just the two I could come up with quickly)

No, it would not be ok. It is not OK - EVER - to divide people into groups by race (or even groups named by race). No matter how funny it is.

The point was the hypocrisy of what people deem offensive. It's either offensive to stereotype people based on race, or its not. Choose.

ETA this:

I guess I'm just not seeing the hypocrisy here. Nobody is saying it's an appropriate picture or that it's in good taste. Nobody is defending the photo or making excuses because she's a Mod here. We're also not burning her at the stake- should we be? It was a harsh learning lesson that was taken out of context, versus a group of girls purposefully using a minority group as a costume. Intent and addressing the issue are HUGE ways of avoiding chaos (also- this wasn't on major media, it's in the random thread). I'm trying to understand where you're coming from because I feel like I'm getting lumped in with something, but I just don't see it.

Because people (NOT msteal) are using "They've been doing it for years! They have a black girls club" as an answer to why it's ok. So yes, actually, people are making excuses. Again, not msteal, but others are. I don't know how that's better than the thug theme. Not sure how that got turned into the Chola thing - that thread was most assuredly NOT about Cholas. It was about a "thug" theme, which people took to be a slight at a particular race. I thought we already covered this, but "thug" is not a race. "Black girls club" does actually define a race - so I'm not clear on how this is more acceptable. Because it's not a dress up day, but it's an ongoing thing? Oh...

Last edited:

I don't use it but I have used almond oil. It works well. Are you afraid it'll make you look too oily or irritate your skin?

ETA: I wanted to use coconut oil for my face/hair etc. Is there just ONE coconut oil that can be used for cooking and facial/beauty? I've seen the one for cooking but I don't know if it's the one people use for beauty regiment

Last edited:
Back