OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ya know, I don't even really like Rachel Maddow---I mean, I do and I don't.

But another thing that people should be screaming over, yet aren't is what he plans on doing with his business while he's the President. And the sad part is, I don't genuinely think the majority of people who voted for him understand why this is such a huge deal breaker.

He will make a horrendous public servant. Being the president is a thankless job, people hate you no matter how much good you bring forth into the world. The salary for president is $400,000 a year and the job is grueling. $400,000 is nothing to a man who is worth a couple billion. The man lives for being the center of attention and loves to be the entertainer which is not what the president is. He is going to have to work tirelessly whether he wants to or not. And at 70 years old, thatd be the last thing I'd want to do. The only thing bringing me happiness over this election is how absolutely miserable he will be for the next 4 years. I really don't think he knows what he's gotten himself into.

This was immediately proven by his tweet yesterday.

The people of America are SPEAKING to you. And guess what? Now you have to answer. Instead of reaching out and learning why they are upset, he reaching for social media to b****. Again. You ran a campaign based on isolation and alienation, but now preach unity. You need to step the hell up and prove it, instead of continue to whine. (this is all funny, considering his tweet from 2012 inciting marches because "America had never been more divided". Why an intern hadn't deleted that by now I will never know)

Guess someone told him all of this, as he posted this not even a day later:

So now we like them? The man gets his own twitter account taken away, but in return gets the nuclear codes. Sounds fun.

It looks like he/his team might have finally deleted his tweet-storm from 2012, when he called the Electoral College a sham and called for protests because he thought Romney had won the popular vote.

They have a habit of doing that---tweets went missing during the campaign as well. I also thought the use of the word 'small' was telling in his revamp tweet. Currently a million women march is being organized for the day after his inauguration---curious if he'll also consider that small?

I also thought some of his talking points today showed a clear lack of polish. People will be 'very, very happy,' again telling us what we'll feel instead of telling us why we should feel that way. And flat out walking away when asked if he will ban Muslims.

Sigh. 1520 days and counting...

Well the teacher ignored it, so there is that.

She has contacted the school administration and is waiting to hear back.

Does he have marks on him? Did your sister take pictures if so?

If she doesn't hear back by Monday I hope she goes over their head. I'd also file a police report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

took me a few moments to realize what the last image was....

14993522_10154743247952700_8837459552999236550_n.jpg

I have cut ties with a lot of people after this election because it showed some true colors that I just don't support and want to be associated with.

Unfollowed a former teammate. Nice girl, but if you can support a President such a hateful president, I can't hang with you. There are a few people I've distanced myself from because of this.

Because we need more Hamilton in our lives, am I right, @Eyes On The Prize @ErinS

Saw this on FB; not sure of it's origin, but I love it so much I wanted to share here

I've imagined our fall
So much it feels like a memory.
Is this where it gets me?
By electoral vote
We coronate the enemy?
No one saw it coming.
Should we run, or buy a gun, or let it be?
There is no hope, no unity.
I catch a glimpse of the other side.
The Roosevelts are weeping on the other side.
They're with Kennedy and Lincoln on the other side.
Washington is watching from the other side.
Teach me how to say goodbye.
Rise up.
We're running out of time and our times up.
Rise up.
Eyes UP!
Trump.
Our laughing stock, our enemy.
Maybe the last leader we ever see.
We threw away our shot,
so will this election be our legacy?
Legacy?
What is a legacy?
It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.
Someone called us a sweet land of liberty.
America! You great unfinished symphony,
We fight for thee!
A place where the poor can make a difference!
Where even immigrants can leave their fingerprints
Rise up! Rise up! Rise up!
AMERICA!
My nation dont waste time.
We'll get you to the other side.

Because we need more Hamilton in our lives, am I right, @Eyes On The Prize @ErinS

Saw this on FB; not sure of it's origin, but I love it so much I wanted to share here

I've imagined our fall
By electoral vote
We coronate the enemy?
No one saw it coming.
Rise up.
Rise up.
Eyes UP!
Trump.
We threw away our shot,
Legacy?
What is a legacy?
We fight for thee!
AMERICA!
Haha I dig it. I was going to the gym today and The Story of Tonight came on while I was on shuffle and I was like "damn, this could be about Hillary losing the chance to be the first female president." So now that song is forever Hillary's song to me.

On a related note, the first song that came on shuffle the day after the election, on my way to work, was "God Help the Outcasts" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame aka that song Esmeralda sings as a prayer to God to protect her people and the other outcasts of Paris from the racism and discrimination they face the entire movie from the citizens and government (and maybe the church?). It was strangely fitting.

I've imagined our fall
By electoral vote
We coronate the enemy?
No one saw it coming.
Rise up.
Rise up.
Eyes UP!
Trump.
We threw away our shot,
Legacy?
What is a legacy?
We fight for thee!
AMERICA!

I literally have no knowledge of Hamilton other than the fact it's hard to get ticket to, so I don't get this at all lol

I literally have no knowledge of Hamilton other than the fact it's hard to get ticket to, so I don't get this at all lol

It is a modern twist on Hamilton's final stream of consciousness in the play before he is fatally shot by Burr. He is seeing his life and all his accomplishments flash before his eyes. Just to give you the context :).

It is a modern twist on Hamilton's final stream of consciousness in the play before he is fatally shot by Burr. He is seeing his life and all his accomplishments flash before his eyes. Just to give you the context :).

No, what I meant is I'm deliberately and consciously rejecting all things Hamilton. Like the plot line, I'm aware of. But the fandom. It doesn't make sense to me that so many people are so obsessed with this Broadway musical that haven't seen yet. Like I get it but it just doesn't make sense to me. The one time I accidentally saw a scene- Tony Awards? Grammy's? Oscars? I dk. Whatever award show... the music just didn't resonate with me. At all. And that's okay. Everything ain't for everybody. I'm sure the majority of y'all would cringe that I'm excited about seeing Kanye West in 30 days (Yeezus 2020)

Hamilton is certainly on my eventual to do list, I think. I'm not sure. It's certainly hovering at the bottom-bottom. I hate musicals. I hate live theatre. I hate any acting I can't pause. I'm dreading going to my niece's Shrek Jr. musical on Friday because I just can't.

When it comes to tickets I know I can't get right now my priority is the African American History Museum. If someone can get me a pass to that before January 20 2017, that'd be awesome. (Yes I'd go after Jan 20....but seeing it while knowing The Obamas are still living in the White House would be magnificent)

No, what I meant is I'm deliberately and consciously rejecting all things Hamilton. Like the plot line, I'm aware of. But the fandom. It doesn't make sense to me that so many people are so obsessed with this Broadway musical that haven't seen yet. Like I get it but it just doesn't make sense to me. The one time I accidentally saw a scene- Tony Awards? Grammy's? Oscars? I dk. Whatever award show... the music just didn't resonate with me. At all. And that's okay. Everything ain't for everybody. I'm sure the majority of y'all would cringe that I'm excited about seeing Kanye West in 30 days (Yeezus 2020)

Hamilton is certainly on my eventual to do list, I think. I'm not sure. It's certainly hovering at the bottom-bottom. I hate musicals. I hate live theatre. I hate any acting I can't pause. I'm dreading going to my niece's Shrek Jr. musical on Friday because I just can't.

When it comes to tickets I know I can't get right now my priority is the African American History Museum. If someone can get me a pass to that before January 20 2017, that'd be awesome. (Yes I'd go after Jan 20....but seeing it while knowing The Obamas are still living in the White House would be magnificent)

Ive never understood the hype behind hamilton. Ive seen plenty of scenes on youtube, tv, etc. But i just dont get it. Has broadway been that boring and predictable over the years and hamilton is just that out of the box, i dont know. Ive heard everything from the casting of it is what makes it so unique/different, to the fact that they rap in a musical........ I mean im glad if thats what makes it revolutionary then great, i mean rap music has been around for yearssss so if it took this long to get on broadway then i guess thats cool. Same goes for casting.
i really just dont get it, i think even if i someday saw it i still wouldnt get it.

Back