OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have a Silhoutte Cameo? I'm looking into getting a 3 and I'm not sure whether to start out with vinyl or heat transfer first....

I don't have a silhouette but I (my parents lol) have a cricut and we started out with vinyl first bc it's pretty simple before trying heat transfer. Both are pretty simple to use as long as you get it on the right setting (it took me way too long to figure out there was a separate setting for glitter heat transfer). I'd just start out with whatever you need to use first! Just make sure you remember to flip anything you're using for heat transfer and make sure you have transfer tape for vinyl!
Also, I love our cricut and use it all the time so good choice you won't regret it! It's saved me so much money especially when I got two littles in my sorority because I could make so many things on my cricut.

Does anybody happen to have a copy of Shooting Stars' Worlds 2013 Mix with the new dance music? I found a recorded version on YouTube, but the cheering in the background is slightly annoying haha

North Korea and Saudi Arabia needs to be given freedom!

And then the military should take away Donald Trump's computer so he won't call people losers!

enhanced-20698-1449686364-2.png

Anyone live in a city that gets snow with mostly street parking and have a car there? I'm moving next month and attempting to buy things now that I'll need like a shovel for my car, but I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything since I've never had to deal with that since I've always parked in my garage or in a reserved parking lot.

Anyone live in a city that gets snow with mostly street parking and have a car there? I'm moving next month and attempting to buy things now that I'll need like a shovel for my car, but I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything since I've never had to deal with that since I've always parked in my garage or in a reserved parking lot.

Good snow brush, long enough electrical cord if you have a block heater. Electric car starter to start it from inside and warm it up. ;)

I also keep these plastic/rubber tire grip strips in my trunk, in case I get stuck, and a small car shovel too, but that's more for getting stuck and not parking.

Get a good quality snow brush, one that has a brush, ice chisel, and squeeqee. Extra bonus points if its extendable. That way you dont have to crawl into a snowbank to reach the other side of the car to brush it off.

Other than that, if you dont have 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive, snow tires really make a difference. They obviously make a difference on the road but besides that, they can help you get out of your parking spot easier. It saves you from shoveling your car completely out and saves you time when you need to get to work. I know they can be pricey but if you can manage to afford them, you will not regret it.

Good snow brush, long enough electrical cord if you have a block heater. Electric car starter to start it from inside and warm it up. ;)

I also keep these plastic/rubber tire grip strips in my trunk, in case I get stuck, and a small car shovel too, but that's more for getting stuck and not parking.

Unfortunately I'll most likely be parking at least two blocks away from my apartment as I'm on a busy main street and theres not a ton of parking on the street, so even if my car had an electric start I'd still have to go outside and walk to my car to turn it on :(

Get a good quality snow brush, one that has a brush, ice chisel, and squeeqee. Extra bonus points if its extendable. That way you dont have to crawl into a snowbank to reach the other side of the car to brush it off.

Other than that, if you dont have 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive, snow tires really make a difference. They obviously make a difference on the road but besides that, they can help you get out of your parking spot easier. It saves you from shoveling your car completely out and saves you time when you need to get to work. I know they can be pricey but if you can manage to afford them, you will not regret it.

I don't drive, but from coworkers I've gathered that something to scrape the windows&windsheilds is necessary. And salt or kitty litter, something that can make things less slippery.
And maybe an emergency set of gloves and a hat just in case...

I currently live in a snowy area so I have a scraper, I've just never dealt with street parking during winter. I went to look at apartments on Sunday and it was terrible with even 5 inches over the weekend

The way that duke player having a hissy fit after getting caught tripping someone, and then posting that cleverly thought out bible verse on twitter less then 24 he's later, is why everyone thinks millenials are entitled spoiled brats...
Then again it is duke soooo.......

Last edited:
Back