OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
On the topic of foot injuries, on Thursday night we were rehearsing for a school dance off and I do a kick up needle but instead of kicking my foot flexed, it was completely pointed and I grabbed and pulled it really weird, it kind of had a popping noise and feeling. Then 2 counts later I have a tilt with my injured foot planted. I was really shaky on the tilt and rolled my ankle outside. I don't know if I should go to the doctor or just ice and rest for a while? It hurts to walk, point, flex and move it beyond a normal resting position and I have a high tolerance for pain.
If it's outside of your pain tolerance and you're still in pain after four days, I would recommend getting it checked!

so me and my fiance watched "Babadook" last night, weirdest and dumbest scary movie ive ever seen, the ending is the only thing that gives that movie more then one star. i still want to see "It Follows" i keep reading that its getting really great reviews.

My pain is right where my foot and toes are one, if that makes sense, localized between my big toe and first little one, where I make the first point of impact when I do standing tucks. There's a bulge on the metatarsal of your big toe, and she said it's completely possible that there could be a fracture there that they just can't catch it on the X-ray, which makes sense because that's where the pain is! Get your foot checked before summer starts so you're good for camps!!!

yes that's exactly where it hurts!! And exactly what you said about first impact from standing tucks...it kills, especially on the wood floor.

I'm so terrible at remembering people's birthdays. I even set reminders on my phone, but I still miss them and then have to apologize profusely!

The official mobile device of the Khalessi

does anyone else ever get the urge to interrogate a board member or two? like majority of people on here either purposely give away a lot of info about their life or just through random conversations you learn a lot about people's "real" lives off the boards... and then there is a handful of people that have literally just never said a word about themselves and either have unhealthy obsessions with a certain team/gym or know everything about everyone and i just have so many questions for them... like how old are you? do you have a job? what do you do with your day? why do you know so much about certain cheer-things? but i don't ask because that'd probably be rude.

random thought of the day.
I hope I've shared some stuff (real life) that you're not suspicious of me. Or I'm I one of those you're talking or wondering about? What do you mean about these people knowing about everyone? Like they know stuff about members of Fierce or athletes/team/gym/etc?

Looking for info/opinions on Premier Athletics/Michigan Xtreme and a new place called Big Time Cheer which is owned by a former UCA instructor.

Anyone have knowledge or experience with either that can share?

Pm me if you prefer.

**Can I be my own clique**
I'm haven't cheered at either gym- but I am from Michigan and am really familiar with a lot of comp high school teams and coaches! I just looked at Big Time Cheer and didn't see anything familiar- but I will keep checking in and let you know if I see anyone I know.

I do know Michigan Xtreme has had a small coed(?) team at worlds in the past, but not much else.
Obv this isn't what you're asking about but around an hour away from Plymouth is Vizion who has a lot of teams going to summit and a small all girl that went to worlds for the first time last year, on a paid bid and placed top ten. This year they have a small coed going on a paid bid. The people I know there have only had good things to say about the coaching staff and program in general!

Infinity Athletics in Wixom is like 20 minutes away from MIX. My old tumbling coach coaches tumbling there and he's awesome. Really nice guy and a good coach/tumbler. He coached a lot of state champ high school teams too. They have a small all girl 5 (passion), I haven't seen much of them besides their stunt section on Instagram lol and that looked really good!

Sorry I can't help much (I'm ya girl for hs cheer tho [emoji12]) but I will def keep an eye out if I see any rave reviews from Facebook friends or something hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be the cutest thing I've seen all day:

You wanna know what's super cute as well? In zoos where they have conservation efforts, specifically cheetahs, they pair cheetahs and dogs together and they live together like that. It's supposed to help with breeding. (They aren't breeding them with dogs, but the dogs behavior is traditionally dominant, loyal, and happy go lucky and cheetahs are shy, reserved, and quiet which they are finding difficult to work with while breeding. So they hope, by raising a puppy and cheetah together, the cheetah will get some of the dogs qualities and they will breed easier. And I *heard* cheetahs are prone to miscarriages due to stress or anxiety and the dogs help with that, too. Dogs are just the best.)

Anyways it's like the cutest freaking thing in the whole world. I'm pretty sure the San Diego Zoo does this and posts videos of them together on Instagram and it's like a cuteness overload whenever it pops up on my feed. Definitely worth a follow!

A bit tardy to the party, but my prom is $120 per person. It includes the venue, a DJ, and dinner. I'm jealous of all of you with such cheap ones! Between my dress/alterations, jewelry, makeup, hair, and nails it's adding up like crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Started gathering stuff to pack for Worlds and have realized CP has better luggage and travel gear than I do.

Would it be wrong of me to use some of his embroidered gym and competition bags?

**Can I be my own clique**
No pull em out and start throwing stuff in!!

So I *think* my insurance is going to pay for my knee brace I need. I get it being custom and so that's why it's expensive but yeesh.

I'm probably going back to coaching so I don't know if I should go with blue or the sparkly pink for the brace color. I'm leaning more towards sparkly pink haha

so me and my fiance watched "Babadook" last night, weirdest and dumbest scary movie ive ever seen, the ending is the only thing that gives that movie more then one star. i still want to see "It Follows" i keep reading that its getting really great reviews.

I saw It Follows. I described it exactly as you did Babadook lol. Dumb and weird. [emoji13]

Back