OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I honestly don't get how people in college do it. If my parents didn't pay for my car insurance/gas I wouldnt be able to afford to have a car. My freshman year I was lucky if I made 80 bucks every two weeks at my job. At the time my car insurance was probably around 100-120 a month? I wouldn't have been able to afford to drive anywhere after paying for insurance. My sophomore year it didn't really get any better with a work study job since the supervisor gave a couple people all the hours and others got none. I think one month I made like 90 dollars for my work study job. Props to anyone who can be financially independent during college cause I know I wouldn't be able to.
Its super frustrating for me and I honestly have NO idea how I do it sometimes. I do have scholarships and enough to have a refund in my bank account at the beginning of every semester which ends up being barley enough to cover rent, groceries, insurance, and gas and whatever else I need each semester. I also have a job and I struggle. My roommate's parents pay for absolutely everything for them and I'm jealous because they can go spend their paycheck money (or whatever) on random things that they want and I'm over here like... groceries or those new shoes.
All of this just frustrates me more. I am none of the things mentioned and my rates are nearly double what @SmileyRyleigh mentioned. I have no tickets, one fender bender nearly four years ago, female driver, almost 25. I've even changed companies several times. I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND.
Could it be because you changed companies? I'm not sure but I've been with my company since I started driving and mine started at $89 (or around there) and went down every 6 months because I didn't have anything on my record (until now lol) and they even lowered my deductible from $500 to $0 if I get into an accident. I also drive a POS car so that could be why! I honestly have no idea how insurance companies work but I hate it.

Anybody have any Father's Day gift ideas? My dad likes (loves) KU basketball and golf and he works in computer programming.

Fierceboard dads: what was the best gift you received for Father's Day?

He always tells me not to buy him anything and I know he is serious but it's something I want to do for him because he does so much for me.

I know I want to do an activity of some kind on Father's Day with him, I was thinking mini golf but I'm not positive yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been on a crazy painting kick lately and did this one for my boyfriend, who recently really got into golfing.
iyj0k7.jpg
x25eth.jpg

Prayers for me! I'm spending my summer in Tennessee, at a Christian summer camp that God called me to. It's been a struggle for the past few weeks, chasing little munchkins around at day camp, and then trying to get teenagers to go to bed at a decent time...but I've gotten to be witness to 2 girls coming to Christ! It's gonna be a great summer!! :)

I had my first test for the last round of my teaching certification today. It went about as well as it could (not that it went great at all, but more like I wasn't expecting to make it that far in the first place so I wasn't nearly as prepared as I should have). I had the basics right but my vocabulary wasn't clear enough. Though I got it right when they asked for clarifications most of the time so that's better than nothing. I completely messed up the demonstration they asked for though (but that's 5 minutes out of an hour so I hope it doesn't matter too much).

The frustrating thing is I have no clue how they grade us. The jury is free to grade as they please, no explanations required, so no real rules. They can decide to be harsh, or not, it's completely their call. Also, the grades from the first round (written) carry over, but we don't know them yet. You only get the grades once you know for sure if you passed or failed. I have no clue if I have a chance right now. Obviously, I assume that I do have a chance and try to do my best, but I hate that constant uncertainty.

Oh and second test tomorrow at 6:15 AM...
post-33868-merida-OH-NO-gif-WHY-Disney-Pr-MuG4-1.gif

Seriously ??? I can't even remember setting my alarm before 6:30, let alone being out the door at 6AM.

All of this just frustrates me more. I am none of the things mentioned and my rates are nearly double what @SmileyRyleigh mentioned. I have no tickets, one fender bender nearly four years ago, female driver, almost 25. I've even changed companies several times. I. DO. NOT. UNDERSTAND.

I bought my first new car this year, previously I had a hand me down from a cousin and then from my mom. I started my career last fall and I'm still living at home so I was able to save up a decent down payment. We know our car dealer really well and I get GM discount through my grandpa so I got roughly $7,000 off sticker price and was approved on my own because I've worked really hard to have pretty awesome credit for a 24 year old. My driving record is spotless and if I got insurance on my own plan it was going to be over $100 a month. Luckily my parents are awesome and as long as my dad put his name on my loan and title with me I could put myself on their plan and pay like $65 a month instead. So frustrating though when you want to be independent

I know I want to do an activity of some kind on Father's Day with him, I was thinking mini golf but I'm not positive yet.
Take him mini golfing. Gifts are great, and sometimes they are exactly what Dad needs, but memories and moments are so much more important. Trust me, as someone who no longer has someone to celebrate the day with, you should always go with the experience over the gift when available.

That's so cute! Is that a little cooler? What kind of paint did you use? Sorry for all the questions haha

It's a little chug jug that came in my set from Walmart! The paint is just regular acrylic from Walmart as well, but the jug had to be sanded and primed as well just to make sure all of it will stay on! This wasn't sealed at the time of the picture, but mod podge, polycrylic, and polyurethane will make it water resistant so it holds up!

Currently on my way down to Florida. We've been up since 12am and there's no plan of stopping soon. But man am I tired!

The official mobile device of the Khalessi

It's a little chug jug that came in my set from Walmart! The paint is just regular acrylic from Walmart as well, but the jug had to be sanded and primed as well just to make sure all of it will stay on! This wasn't sealed at the time of the picture, but mod podge, polycrylic, and polyurethane will make it water resistant so it holds up!
cooler connection taught you well ;)

Very true. I need to break it down with my parents this summer and see what I'm actually paying for vs what I really need. It's a 2013 Hyundai SUV, so nothing really crazy.

Who do you have your coverage through? Do you have the option to pay quarterly or even every 6 months? That's what I do with mine, and it saved me about $200 over the course of every six months. I live in a city (well, technically by mailing address) and have an accident on my record, but only pay what would break down to about $75 a month. It sucks every six months to pay a lump sum of $450, but it was that or closer to $100 a month to pay every single month.

Back