OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Gonna try and give a short version. Basically a pregnant woman left her shopping cart in the middle of a parking spot right as someone was pulling in. When the guy asked her to move it she claimed she was having contractions and not feeling well as a reason why she couldn't push it to the side and walked away. Cuss words were exchanged. So he went about his business inside publix. The woman decided to inform her husband sitting inside their car what the man yelled at her. So the husband went inside to confront him, and a fight ensued.

Personally they are both idiots. The woman clearly felt well enough to walk around publix and shop, but suddenly didn't feel well enough to push a cart a few feet out of the way......although I don't approve of a man cussing at a pregnant woman, he could have simply parked somewhere else.

I hate people. Humanity has gone down such a terrible hole, I don't think it will ever recover. <sigh>

(yeah, I'm PMS'ing!!!)

Gonna try and give a short version. Basically a pregnant woman left her shopping cart in the middle of a parking spot right as someone was pulling in. When the guy asked her to move it she claimed she was having contractions and not feeling well as a reason why she couldn't push it to the side and walked away. Cuss words were exchanged. So he went about his business inside publix. The woman decided to inform her husband sitting inside their car what the man yelled at her. So the husband went inside to confront him, and a fight ensued.

Personally they are both idiots. The woman clearly felt well enough to walk around publix and shop, but suddenly didn't feel well enough to push a cart a few feet out of the way......although I don't approve of a man cussing at a pregnant woman, he could have simply parked somewhere else.

Going with the Idiot Theory.

You do now :) I took over 18+ a few months ago, you should have PMed me.

And just how are we supposed to know that if there was no announcement on Cheer Updates Twitter?

**Official dog paTROLL of Fierce Board**

Confession, I'm kind of OCD when it comes to cart corralling, and the kids and I will corral any carts in the surrounding area before we go into the store. I don't know why I find the buggy/cart thing so comical but, when I lived in St. Louis suburbs everyone put their "cart" in the corral, and if you didn't, you would get a side eye from someone. In the Atlanta suburbs, about half of the people put their "buggies" in the corral, the other half just prop them up on the nearest island or leave it in the parking space. I would never confront anyone but, it appears this isn't the first time...

Confession, I'm kind of OCD when it comes to cart corralling, and the kids and I will corral any carts in the surrounding area before we go into the store. I don't know why I find the buggy/cart thing so comical but, when I lived in St. Louis suburbs everyone put their "cart" in the corral, and if you didn't, you would get a side eye from someone. In the Atlanta suburbs, about half of the people put their "buggies" in the corral, the other half just prop them up on the nearest island or leave it in the parking space. I would never confront anyone but, it appears this isn't the first time...

The world needs more people like you.

People not bringing their carts back to the corral is one of my biggest pet peeves. Like I don't get it. Do you not have concern for the world around you? Supermarkets put those corals in the parking lots so you don't have to walk an extra 50 ft back to the store and you can't even walk your lazy butt an extra 20 ft? My momma did not raise me like that.

The world needs more people like you.

People not bringing their carts back to the corral is one of my biggest pet peeves. Like I don't get it. Do you not have concern for the world around you? Supermarkets put those corals in the parking lots so you don't have to walk an extra 50 ft back to the store and you can't even walk your lazy butt an extra 20 ft? My momma did not raise me like that.

Don't you have to put a coin in the cart to unlock it from the other carts in the row ?
Here, you have to put a coin (usually works with 1€ or 50cts), and you only get the coin back if you put your cart back.

Don't you have to put a coin in the cart to unlock it from the other carts in the row ?
Here, you have to put a coin (usually works with 1€ or 50cts), and you only get the coin back if you put your cart back.

At grocery stores they are free. At airports, malls, amusement parks, etc, they cost money and sometimes you don't get the coin back.

At grocery stores they are free. At airports, malls, amusement parks, etc, they cost money and sometimes you don't get the coin back.

Not sure about airports and such, but in supermarkets and grocery stores, I've always seen carts chained together, putting a coin in unlocks the chain and putting the chain back gives you your coin back. As a kid I spent a lot of time trying to put the chain into it's own cart :D. It's designed especially so that you can't of course, but somehow I thought that maybe I could find just the right way to put it in or something.

Most stores also charge for bags (probably all), but they're large and sturdy bags that last for a while. It's been a long time since I've seen small, free bags in a store. You have to remember to bring your own with you otherwise, you have to buy another one (I hate when I forget my grocery bag). The store I usually go to has a drive option though (you order online and pick up your bags later) and they take your bags back and add the full amount to your account, so you can take it off your next purchase. This system works well, if you forget once and get charged for new bags, you can take them all back the next time and get all your money back.

I think there are some supermarkets (Aldi?) that charge a deposit for carts.
Yep Aldi does that, and a few others here.

The other thing they've done here is make it so that the carts don't go to the parking lots. So you HAVE TO either have someone from the store help (and tip, which is annoying because I never have cash for it), or only buy the amount of stuff you can carry. But there aren't ever any carts rolling around the parking lot, so that's good I guess...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Any vegetarians here?? I recently read an article about rennet and whey, and I'm really torn if I should eat whey or not. I've eaten it in the past, but not sure if I "should" now...

Not sure about airports and such, but in supermarkets and grocery stores, I've always seen carts chained together, putting a coin in unlocks the chain and putting the chain back gives you your coin back. As a kid I spent a lot of time trying to put the chain into it's own cart :D. It's designed especially so that you can't of course, but somehow I thought that maybe I could find just the right way to put it in or something.

Most stores also charge for bags (probably all), but they're large and sturdy bags that last for a while. It's been a long time since I've seen small, free bags in a store. You have to remember to bring your own with you otherwise, you have to buy another one (I hate when I forget my grocery bag). The store I usually go to has a drive option though (you order online and pick up your bags later) and they take your bags back and add the full amount to your account, so you can take it off your next purchase. This system works well, if you forget once and get charged for new bags, you can take them all back the next time and get all your money back.

We have the coin cart with the chain at most stores. here you can put in 5 SEK or 10 SEK. some people have plastic things to put into the cart.

We also have to pay for our bags but most stores have free smaller bags for fruit and stuff. sometimes I bring my own bags but mostly not. The store chain i go to now has charity plastic bags that cost a bit more but part of tat cost goes to preventing childhood cancer.

Okay I've got to give props to grade school teachers. Small children in large groups are exhausting. I don't see how you spend 7 and 8 hour days with them. 2 1/2 hours is enough to wear me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love that most European grocery stores do that. We have so many plastic bags in garbage dumps that just stay there forever.

I'm not really sure why this video is so viral... Maybe because I live in Chicago where this is a daily occurrence?

But either way... If the husband is so bad @$$ that he could get out of the car to go in the store, why couldn't he get out to move the stupid cart?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I don't really know why its gone viral either it might be because it happened in a rich area of orlando, so it was shocking to see it happen in that part of town. or it might be because it had something to do with the woman being pregnant...
I shake my head at a lot of people working in the service industry. Certain people seem to think they are entitled or deserve special treatment because of multiple reasons, whether its pregnancy, kids, disabilities, allergies, etc.
Not that I'm willing to go the distance for those kinds of people, but there is a difference between needing help and just being a pain in the a**

Back