OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Am I the only one that thinks it's cool to see your daughters gym on posters and stuff

When you go to the Aca cheer comp page they have like 4 pics that go by... And two of them are of vipers

5a800eded8dbe1a19167c3fef0914fc3.jpg

33e3626085f460e29501c3bdae0a6e7f.jpg

And then you go to the athletics web page and you see vipers
f3c3c02d6eecb527b8263c6c4a3c5ea3.jpg

And the summit pic link right below in the same screeenshot is another picture of a team of our vipers

And at nca nationals they had quite a few uniforms on a hanger but only a couple on a mannequin
920cbc587efe1862b3f8c892907da956.jpg

And it's our level 5 uniform.

I guess it's just cool because we aren't a big name gym but they select our photos and stuff and idk... I put this in random because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are so cute!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I had an unlimited meal plan in college. I could swipe as many times I wanted during a meal. Sometimes I would eat lunch 3 different times so my friends would have someone to eat with. Then I came home for Christmas vacation and my sister was like "you look swollen". But I think it was just the coincidental end of my growth spurt of life since I never lost nor gained the weight in the 12 years (dang) since.

Anyway. Meal plans. What a time to be alive.

(We also had cafe cash and meal equivalency things but I can't remember how they worked)

My sister has a meal plan of just money....and she uses it to buy groceries at Bi-lo

That's so weird to me!
I think it's pretty common for upperclassmen at my school to get meal plans - ours are pretty complex though.

Freshmen have unlimited swipes for the dining hall

Freshmen have Purple (Pirate) Bucks which can be used at any of the other locations on campus like starbucks, chickfila, panda express, chilis, etc. Does not roll over after freshman year ends.

Upperclassmen have Gold (Pirate) Bucks which can be used at all of those places PLUS any athletic event/venue. I think I get $300 per semester and it rolls over until I graduate.

Then we all have a designated amount of Pirate Meals. Pirate Meals are predetermined meals from each venue and 1 meal = 1 swipe. I think I have about 40 meals per semester. For example, a pirate meal at chickfila is 8 piece nuggets, fries, and a drink. orrrr if you were to go to pirate grill it would be like a grilled cheese, fries, and a drink. Each place has a few different options you can choose from. Its up to you if you want to use a pirate meal (for the predetermined meals) or pirate bucks.

Upperclassmen have to use Pirate Meals to swipe into the dining hall.
We have three meal plan options - 175, 225, or 275. That determines the number of meals "swipes" per semester. Only dining halls and two little grab and go places attached to dining halls take swipes, the places in the student center and memorial Union don't. Everywhere has 1 swipe = 1 meal, except the grab and go places and three "specialty" dining halls (a Mexican one, an Asian one, and a late night one), where everything is in dollars. 1 swipe = $7 (but really you pay more for them by buying the plan). So if something is $3.50, you'll use 1/2 a swipe on it. We can have "EZ Charge" put on to our cards, which works for the food places in the Student center, but it's not part of the meal plan.
Everyone pretty much moves off campus or into a Greek house their sophomore year, so they're just on their own or on their sorority/fraternity plan from then on. Everyone has so many swipes so they just beg freshmen they know to swipe them in once in a while when they're really broke.
I'm jealous that you can use your meal plan at chick fil a. We can't use our meal plans anywhere except dining halls, and there aren't any real restaurants that take EZ Charge, just places owned by the school.

We have three meal plan options - 175, 225, or 275. That determines the number of meals "swipes" per semester. Only dining halls and two little grab and go places attached to dining halls take swipes, the places in the student center and memorial Union don't. Everywhere has 1 swipe = 1 meal, except the grab and go places and three "specialty" dining halls (a Mexican one, an Asian one, and a late night one), where everything is in dollars. 1 swipe = $7 (but really you pay more for them by buying the plan). So if something is $3.50, you'll use 1/2 a swipe on it. We can have "EZ Charge" put on to our cards, which works for the food places in the Student center, but it's not part of the meal plan.
Everyone pretty much moves off campus or into a Greek house their sophomore year, so they're just on their own or on their sorority/fraternity plan from then on. Everyone has so many swipes so they just beg freshmen they know to swipe them in once in a while when they're really broke.
I'm jealous that you can use your meal plan at chick fil a. We can't use our meal plans anywhere except dining halls, and there aren't any real restaurants that take EZ Charge, just places owned by the school.

And people thought me getting 180 meals was a lot... Do people actually get the 275?

South Carolina still can't use meal plan swipes AT an actual free standing Chick Fil A, there's just a Chick Fil A in the student union. Same with Taco Bell, Burger King, Einsteins Bagels, and a few other chains. You can use the meals for those. Carolina Cash has finally moved off campus since I graduated, so you can use the declining balance option of Carolina Cash at a good number of off campus places around town now (including Chick Fil A, lol)

South Carolina still can't use meal plan swipes AT an actual free standing Chick Fil A, there's just a Chick Fil A in the student union. Same with Taco Bell, Burger King, Einsteins Bagels, and a few other chains. You can use the meals for those. Carolina Cash has finally moved off campus since I graduated, so you can use the declining balance option of Carolina Cash at a good number of off campus places around town now (including Chick Fil A, lol)
Lol I'm sad and also glad (for my health) we don't have a chick fil a on or even near campus. We don't have any chain restaurants in our student unions, the stuff we have is kind of strange... but we do have one place that has delicious smoothies that you can't swipe for :(
@Alexx most people I know have the 175 or at most 225! I don't know that I've met anyone with the 275... Other than RA's, who get 275 plus they get EZ charge money each month for the student center places.

Lol I'm sad and also glad (for my health) we don't have a chick fil a on or even near campus. We don't have any chain restaurants in our student unions, the stuff we have is kind of strange... but we do have one place that has delicious smoothies that you can't swipe for :(
@Alexx most people I know have the 175 or at most 225! I don't know that I've met anyone with the 275... Other than RA's, who get 275 plus they get EZ charge money each month for the student center places.

yeah our chickfilas are on campus!

The (current) president of Chick Fil A went to Georgia Southern (where my sister goes to school) and they have a Chick Fil A on their campus. Coincidentally the founders of Zaxbys also attended Georgia Southern and because of the Chick Fil A they aren't allowed to have a Zaxbys on campus....naturally the solution was to put w Zaxbys across the street from campus and her sophomore year they opened a Zaxby's that is magically located in the center of
Campus but not on campus. And I'm pretty sure they accept the dining dollars.

They also have a Starbucks. They had a Coldstone and an Einstein Bagels but they both closed.

Einstein Bagels was my jam during grad school

I've been thinking of switching over to victoria's secret for like a year now but havent because of school haha
If you have a pink store that's separate I totally recommend it over a regular vs. The culture of the store is just really fun and laid back.

If you have a pink store that's separate I totally recommend it over a regular vs. The culture of the store is just really fun and laid back.

The one at home and at school is combined with actual VS unfortunately. They have girls who are just Pink girls though.

Back