OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
He's relatively moderate. To win the primary you have to appeal to the base of your party, but to win the election you have to appeal to moderates. So it's not surprising that Cruz is ahead of Kasich. Kasich isn't going to get the super conservative vote. Cruz literally showed up in person to support Kim Davis.
And literally shared the stage with a man who advocates for the execution of homosexuals.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/16/opinion/campaign-stops/ted-cruz-and-the-anti-gay-pastor.html?_r=0

Okay so I haven't been on the boards on the computer in a billion years, but now that I have a very broken phone (touchscreen doesn't work so I can only use Siri) I just noticed I have bracket winner by my name
Did I win a bracket and completely forget about it? I genuinely don't think that I did but I might just be blanking

Okay so I haven't been on the boards on the computer in a billion years, but now that I have a very broken phone (touchscreen doesn't work so I can only use Siri) I just noticed I have bracket winner by my name
Did I win a bracket and completely forget about it? I genuinely don't think that I did but I might just be blanking

Worlds Bracket last year? I can't remember

He's relatively moderate. To win the primary you have to appeal to the base of your party, but to win the election you have to appeal to moderates. So it's not surprising that Cruz is ahead of Kasich. Kasich isn't going to get the super conservative vote. Cruz literally showed up in person to support Kim Davis.

I understand that for sure. Rubio was getting quite a bit of endorsement from the establishment (not that that is relevant now), and Kasich was basically told to get the heck out.

Switching subjects to avoid double posting:

Trump has had so many leaders from his own party (not that I believe he's actually a republican) say that they would rather vote democrat in November than vote for him should he become the party's nominee. That to me speaks volumes, especially considering that nobody seems to really like or trust Clinton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm baffled that Carson endorsed Trump! Trump compared him to a child molester and Carson still endorsed him [emoji849]

I'll probably cry right along with you, and I'm not even American. It's just frightening to me that he can be doing so well. And from what I can tell he's simply crass and, for lack of a better term, insane.

There's sort an undertone of Fascism to what he says. The appeal to fear and bigotry, extreme nationalism. Its like he's angry at anyone who may stand in his way. He's anti-Muslim the way leaders in the 30s and 40s were anti-Jewish.

In short, it's terrifying to consider that he may be in charge of a country.
DH has said the same thing, he's preaching the same things Hitler did.

It's a circus. Idk what I'll do in November if Hilary and Trump are the choices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm baffled that Carson endorsed Trump! Trump compared him to a child molester and Carson still endorsed him [emoji849]

Carson is..... I just don't like to talk about Carson. I have to mince my words about him. I truly believe that he suffers from some kind of spectrum disorder and/or a mental illness and someone took/is taking advantage of him. He's a puppet and his existence is sad.

My distrust and concern for Ben Carson dates back to 1999 when I read Gifted Hands. Even at the age of 13 I knew something wasn't clean in that buttermilk.

Do you mean athlete #/size-wise? or big like "hyped up"?

If you mean size, short answer for me is yes. Long answer is an unpopular opinion. I always thought from day 1 it should have been senior divisions only. I know everyone hates me for that... but everyone who loves the Summit always advocated that the seniors who don't make it to level 5, "deserved an end of the season, World's-level prestige event to end their careers on." Having a billion less divisions to worry about would allow a much more streamlined and fair bid-awarding process and maybe even avoid burnout in the littles. If your skills max out at level 3 and you've been to the summit 6 times before you're even senior-eligible what goals do you have to strive for? What do you have to look forward to? Instead they added youth teams. Not long before mini's are invited too. Oh well.
That'll be the season... SMH.

My biggest concern about Trump is that he gives people the confidence to be more racist than they already were (closeted).

My concern is that he is going to inspire hundreds of Dylann Roofs to mobilizes and handle us minorities. I've seen first hand what "Dylann Roof's" will do

His success is a testament to the true fabric of America. His supporters don't give a crap about his policies but rather they are rejoicing in the fact that they find confidence in his racism, bigotry and sexism...because they too are racists, bigots and sexists.

Trump is also preying on the most vulnerable....the poor and under educated...who have to rely on emotion and reaction because they lack intelligence to be rational.
This is the biggest thing I have noticed. People are being more openly racist but acting as if it's okay since, in their minds, it's the only alternative to the hyper-PC attitude.
Mods feel free to delete this if its not appropriate, but this election is basically like choosing which STD you'd rather have. Like none of them are good, but which one would you mind having the least.
LMAOOOOO
Knowing this gives me a bit of hope... maybe Trump might not make it through. Just Maybe.

And has anyone seen this?

This whole election has given me a permanent migraine. I am baffled at what is occurring. I am a republican, but am mortified at the idea of Trump getting the nomination. I am more of a moderate republican - I have conservative views, but am not far right. I have friends that have backed trump and I can't believe it -my husband and I feel like we may just become independents after all this mess.

I believe Rubio has already said he's not running for his seat again. So he's basically unemployed after this election.

But I think he would have had a better chance of beating a Democrat than Cruz would. Cruz is too much of an evangelical for the moderate vote. Kasich is interesting. I'm glad he's still in it, though I don't think he'll get the nomination.

Here's a 538 article - it's from January though:

It’s Rubio Or Bust For Republicans Who Want To Win | FiveThirtyEight

Thanks for that link! I keep up with Rubio as little as possible because my dislike for him is that strong---I do wonder if he is going to change his opinion now that he's out of the race.

Honestly since trump has said what he's said about immigrants many Hispanics have been attacked and even died by racist people this past year. He's given the excuse and "okay" for people to be raicst and its horrible. Whatever happened to self love and respect?

Sorry for double post. I am actually probably going to vote for Bernie Sanders. Yes he's old but HC is too corrupt for me and I dislike the way she handled Benghazi(yes I am woman who doesn't support HC)
The only republican I didn't mind voting for has officially dropped out yesterday I believe or Tuesay

Back