OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have an protective phone case recommendations? My otterbox commuter is on it's last leg and I'm kind of tired of them (it's the only case I've used since I got my phone in 2011)

I definitely need something with protection but it also needs to be fairly thin. Thin enough to fit in my armband at the gym, preferably.

Does anyone have an protective phone case recommendations? My otterbox commuter is on it's last leg and I'm kind of tired of them (it's the only case I've used since I got my phone in 2011)

I definitely need something with protection but it also needs to be fairly thin. Thin enough to fit in my armband at the gym, preferably.
I got this one for Christmas (shout out to my FB secret Santa) and have been using it since. I drop my phone way more than I would like to admit and *knock on wood* it's been pretty protective.

iPhone 5C Case, AUMI Hybrid Dual Layer Shock Absorbin Armor Defender Protective Case Cover (Hard Plastic with Soft Silicon) for Apple iPhone 5C Amazon product ASIN B0137QZZPI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I upgraded from the 5s I got a Lifeproof case. At first I had the nuud but it didn't fit correctly because it was a 6 case on a 6s phone, so now I just have a regular Lifeproof. I love it. It protects as well as the otter box but isn't as bulky

So I was contacted for a retail banking position (I'm a communication major with a marketing minor) and I applied basically to apply. Well I got contacted today for the final interview which is in person. However, they contacted me this morning and asked if I could come in Thursday. The interview is roughly 2.5 hours one way, which means 5 hours of just travel time not including the interview. Realistically, I'm not available until April 1st because of the travel time. I was also told over the phone last week during an interview that the in person interviews they did closer to you because its not like I can just take a day off from class to travel to the interview. Was I wrong in saying that I wasn't available this week due to short notice? She said she would get back to me and never did. I have nothing on Thursday but right now its supposed to be a mixture of rain and snow and I don't feel comfortable driving in that.

Seconding what @ErinS said- go with a lifeproof. Working for a wireless carrier, I think they are worth every penny, especially if it's through lifeproof or Verizon and comes with the 1 year water damage warranty (which 100% works because my sister had to use it). My fiancé, who also works for the carrier, hates any type of case/bulk on his phone and he always comments on how slim the lifeproof actually is and how well it fits in your hand.

I also prefer the fre over the nuud, but that's my personal preference-and the colors are usually more fun.

So I was contacted for a retail banking position (I'm a communication major with a marketing minor) and I applied basically to apply. Well I got contacted today for the final interview which is in person. However, they contacted me this morning and asked if I could come in Thursday. The interview is roughly 2.5 hours one way, which means 5 hours of just travel time not including the interview. Realistically, I'm not available until April 1st because of the travel time. I was also told over the phone last week during an interview that the in person interviews they did closer to you because its not like I can just take a day off from class to travel to the interview. Was I wrong in saying that I wasn't available this week due to short notice? She said she would get back to me and never did. I have nothing on Thursday but right now its supposed to be a mixture of rain and snow and I don't feel comfortable driving in that.

No, it sounds like they didn't hold up their end of the deal. The interview was supposed to be close to you, right? Well, obviously something went wrong with their planning. If they haven't called back by Friday morning, call them to see what's up.

No, it sounds like they didn't hold up their end of the deal. The interview was supposed to be close to you, right? Well, obviously something went wrong with their planning. If they haven't called back by Friday morning, call them to see what's up.
When I brought that up she said I probably misunderstood what she said, but who knows. Driving there isn't an issue, its just how last minute it is. And most nights I wouldn't even be able to drive up the night before due to work or other meetings. I work till 11:30 on Monday and Tuesday, but I would pretty much have to have the interview early Monday or Wednesday morning. And I have sorority things until 7 on Sundays. Thats why when she asked what my availability was this week I basically laughed in my head. My weeks are completely planned out over a week in advance because I'm so busy.

When I brought that up she said I probably misunderstood what she said, but who knows. Driving there isn't an issue, its just how last minute it is. And most nights I wouldn't even be able to drive up the night before due to work or other meetings. I work till 11:30 on Monday and Tuesday, but I would pretty much have to have the interview early Monday or Wednesday morning. And I have sorority things until 7 on Sundays. Thats why when she asked what my availability was this week I basically laughed in my head. My weeks are completely planned out over a week in advance because I'm so busy.

How badly do you want the job? You're not wrong to bring it up, but they're under no obligation to accommodate you and probably don't want to wait until April to fill the job. Job interviews are last minute like that. They move quickly.

When I interviewed at my current company, after my first interview they wanted to bring me back in for a lunch interview with my future team. Well I had just taken a whole day off at the last minute for the interview and I worked in Boston and didn't drive to work, but this office was in the suburbs. How was I supposed to get there for a lunch meeting at the last minute like that?! But I did what I had to because I wanted the job.

I agree with @Ashley - it definitely depends how much you want it. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things on your schedule to get what you want. Prioritize what's most important. Companies, for the most part, don't have to work around you because there are always other people willing to make the sacrifice. It can be a PITA at times. I had phone interviews with 15 minutes of notice. It's really not tht uncommon for interviews to be so last minute. Even for the people interviewing you, it can be last minute. My supervisor was notified he'd be interviewing 3 people this past summer for an open design position here 3 hours before they came.

When I was interviewing, I recieved an offer email from the company I was interviewing with in CA and not even 10 minutes later I recieved an email from the company I was interviewing with in MA asking me to come in for an interview and to meet the team (I figured it was also to make an offer because they wouldn't have made me trek out there if they weren't serious about hiring me.) I had to drop everything and drive to MA that night. (It was also the first long distance trip I did by myself because I had only gotten my liscence four months before that.) If I had chosen the CA job, I would've flown out to start working 4 days later with literally nothing set up a week before Christmas- I'd be flying by the seat of my pants for a bit.

It's innconvient but it's not uncommon. Congrats on the possibility of an interview though, that's exciting!

Just purchased a "Valar Morghulis" tank top for my inner nerd and I'm wearing it everyday. Is it April 24th yet?!!?

Back