OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I just saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - well done and the set design was fantastic! Next on my list is either Waitress or Fun Home. I want to take my son to see School of Rock at some point this summer too.
Fun Home is amazing but it will rip your heart out and stomp all over it and then try to give it back to you. Plus I'm so in love with the little girl who plays Small Allison (Gabby Pizzolo). The kids of fun home are seriously the cutest. They are enamored by Lin, they even made a song for him and performed it:

I've heard great things about Waitress from a coworker - I love that Kimiko Glenn (Soso on OITNB) is in it. It's not a musical id normally jump to see but I'd like to atleast listen to the soundtrack at some point. School of Rock really impressed me on the Tonys. I didn't think it be good but it looks really fun. Not sure I could get into the soundtrack but the show itself looks amusing. Did you know all those kids play their instruments on stage!?!

Oh Cats...kill me now. It's coming back.
Yeah and spongebob the musical is going to be a real thing. Like who in their right mind was like "ya know what broadway is missing??? Cats and spongebob."

I am not amused.

Oh Cats...kill me now. It's coming back.

Memory, all alone in the mooooonlight.

I'm terrified of that show ever since I was little and a commercial for it on VHS was on my favorite Barney movie.

I LOVE theatre. I was in two HS productions, helped out in productions and still support my HS program. Many of my friends are heavily involved on the local level. I haven't caught the Hamilton bug, probably because I prefer comedic shows. But Lin is great at what he does and I think he's really mainstreaming Broadway and bringing something original.

ETA I'm patiently waiting for the Mean Girls show. I love movie-musicals, Legally Blonde is probably one of my favorite shows. They really give a new spin to great movies.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses! I love going to broadway plays, but I've seen some that I didn't care for at all. Mama Mia & Newsies we're almost painful for me to sit through. Didn't care much for Mary Poppins but it was ok. Loved Book of Mormon, loved Anything Goes, loved Annie, loved Beauty and the Beast.

Haven't seen Wicked, even though everyone raves about it, nothing about it seems appealing to me. Maybe I'm judging a book by the cover type thing with it.

That's why I'm torn on Hamilton. I am trying to chose 2 plays for our group to go see. The few videos I've seen on Hamilton just make me wonder what's the big deal, but at the same time people are liking it for a reason.

Has anyone seen Paramour? It's the new Cirque de Soliel. I LOVE Vegas cirques, but I didn't know if it's going to have the big tricks or more of just a play since the theater can't be that big.

Also thinking about Aladdin if anyone has seen that and can share an opinion.

ETA I'm patiently waiting for the Mean Girls show. I love movie-musicals, Legally Blonde is probably one of my favorite shows. They really give a new spin to great movies.

I would f-ing DIE if they did mean girls. I'd buy tickets to that faster than anyone would for Hamilton. Legally blonde was so so so good. I heard Heathers was also great. (Shout out to WC Zenith for dancing to a Heathers song 2 years ago, I see you.)

Thanks for all the responses! I love going to broadway plays, but I've seen some that I didn't care for at all. Mama Mia & Newsies we're almost painful for me to sit through. Didn't care much for Mary Poppins but it was ok. Loved Book of Mormon, loved Anything Goes, loved Annie, loved Beauty and the Beast.

Haven't seen Wicked, even though everyone raves about it, nothing about it seems appealing to me. Maybe I'm judging a book by the cover type thing with it.

That's why I'm torn on Hamilton. I am trying to chose 2 plays for our group to go see. The few videos I've seen on Hamilton just make me wonder what's the big deal, but at the same time people are liking it for a reason.

Has anyone seen Paramour? It's the new Cirque de Soliel. I LOVE Vegas cirques, but I didn't know if it's going to have the big tricks or more of just a play since the theater can't be that big.

Have you seen the lion king on Broadway?? It's awesome! If you haven't you should consider adding it to your list!
And I'm guilty of being someone who raves about wicked - it's amazing but I wasn't really into it until I saw it, if that helps. My mom and sister went without me (it's fine they also met JK Rowling without me I have wonderful luck) and basically shoved it down my throat which made me lose interest, but then we went again together and I thought it was awesome.
Have you listened to the Hamilton soundtrack? It might help you make a decision if you haven't. If you're not in to the soundtrack I'm guessing you probably wouldn't be that in to the play considering it just adds visual to the soundtrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double post but I felt the same about wicked for the longest time. Everyone was like "It's so good, you'll love it!" And my response everytime was "It's not my type of musical and I hate anything wizard of oz. And it has too much hype which is a huge turn off for me." But I ended up loving it.

Something Rotten is fun if you haven't seen that. It's comedic, kinda like Book of Mormon but not as crude. If you're familiar with musicals it has a lot of references to other ones in it which is fun too.

I almost got a dog today everyone!!!
And then my husband crushed my dreams and made me second guess my decision. Then we both swore that if the dog is still there tomorrow we would adopt him.
I highly doubt he'll still be around tomorrow, miniature pincher are impossible to find through rescue groups in my experience. Cause people adopt them so fast.... :(

I would f-ing DIE if they did mean girls. I'd buy tickets to that faster than anyone would for Hamilton. Legally blonde was so so so good. I heard Heathers was also great. (Shout out to WC Zenith for dancing to a Heathers song 2 years ago, I see you.)

I saw this story about 3 years ago, about how Tina was trying to get it made with her husband's help. I'd have to go.

I hate that I missed Heathers! I liked the show because it told the story of how Veronica ended up being in that clique. Also a show with great storytelling musical numbers. Me Inside of Me is a jam.

One thing I can't stand about Hamilton is the weird gaslighting about the actual person of Alexander Hamilton's political views going on by the current presidential candidates. Hillary Clinton sent out about 230483204832 emails praising Hamilton and raffling off tickets to see the show with her.

Girl, he would have a stroke if he saw half of your proposals.

Last edited:

You didn't like Mama Mia?!

ETA: I saw it last Feb and loved it, although I loved the music before too.

I saw this story about 3 years ago, about how Tina was trying to get it made with her husband's help. I'd have to go.

I hate that I missed Heathers! I liked the show because it told the story of how Veronica ended up being in that clique. Also a show with great storytelling musical numbers. Me Inside of Me is a jam.
Ditto on Heathers. I kept meaning to go and the poof it ended. Very disappointed in myself.
Legally Blonde was truly enjoyable! We had just watched the series about finding the next Elle Woods and wound up seeing that actor's first show which made it even more fun.

@cheernerd5678 I saw Wicked on Briadway with the original cast and then took my girls when we were in London 7-8 years ago. I still love the soundtrack.

One thing I can't stand about Hamilton is the weird gaslighting about the actual person of Alexander Hamilton's poltiical views going on by the current presidential candidates. Hillary Clinton sent out about 230483204832 emails praising Hamilton and raffling off tickets to see the show with her.

Girl, he would have a stroke if he saw half of your proposals.

Obama did almost the same thing back in November-ish and it really rubbed me the wrong way. They had it on a Monday night, a night when theaters go dark, so it was like a special thing and the cast had to do a special showing. And then they allowed their political party to resell the tickets for like $10,000 as a fundraiser and like, this goes against everything y'all stand for. It was like when those parents on My Super Sweet 16 get Chamillionaire to play at their daughters party just because they can. The Obama's are too in love with Hamilton and it freaks me out. They've seen it multiple times, they've used them as a fundraiser, and then they got Hamilton to come to the white house to give them like a private show... Its weird.

Obama did almost the same thing back in November-ish and it really rubbed me the wrong way. They had it on a Monday night, a night when theaters go dark, so it was like a special thing and the cast had to do a special showing. And then they allowed their political party to resell the tickets for like $10,000 as a fundraiser and like, this goes against everything y'all stand for. It was like when those parents on My Super Sweet 16 get Chamillionaire to play at their daughters party just because they can. The Obama's are too in love with Hamilton and it freaks me out. They've seen it multiple times, they've used them as a fundraiser, and then they got Hamilton to come to the white house to give them like a private show... Its weird.

Not gonnna lie, if I was given the opportunity to have the original cast of hamilton to come to my house for a private show I would totally take it. :p

You didn't like Mama Mia?!

ETA: I saw it last Feb and loved it, although I loved the music before too.

I didn't. I saw it back in 2005 (pre-movie, didn't care for the movie either.) My aunt and mom loved it. I just found it slow. It didn't help that I'm not an Abba fan at all.

Something Rotten is fun if you haven't seen that. It's comedic, kinda like Book of Mormon but not as crude. If you're familiar with musicals it has a lot of references to other ones in it which is fun too.
I've not heard of that one. I'll check it out!

Back