OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
we only got like 5 inches of snow but my ENTIRE car is buried. like I can't even find the doors to open it.. it's inside of ridiculously high drift. I don't even want to attempt to clean it :(
Wow, my daughter didn't go back to school today because the roads were so bad here.

**Don't be silly, it's only sandbagging when OTHER teams do it.**

I think my landlords/people who own my apartment complex have given up on plowing and shoveling. Mainly because I was forced to park my car in a snowbank tonight and crawl out. On the bright side, it was the smallest snowbank of all the ones in my parking lot. Thank you to whoever invented snow tires. They will come in handy tomorrow.

I'm extremely unimpressed by the snow removal efforts (or lack there of) made by the grounds people here. And I watched a lady in our parking lot try to dig her car out with a shopping cart and then get her car stuck right in the middle of the road on my way to work. Good lord, a snow shovel is $10 and Home Depot is less than a mile from our building's door. I don't understand.
I grew up in a NYC borough and lived for many years in another one, and although obviously the amount of snow we we would get downstate was no where comparable to where you are now or even upstate NY, every once in a while we would get a snowpocolypse and then there would be no where to park until the spring when the snow melted. We parked on the street and you didn't even bother digging out your car half the time because once you moved it out of that spot, there was no where to repark it. Plus if you did attempt to dig it out, you would just get plowed back in when the plows came down to clear the streets.

I heard yesterday that the mayor said that alternate side of the street parking was going back into effect today, so now people have to move their cars again or they get tickets. I would like the mayor and all high ranking city officials to have to park on the street for one winter and see how much fun it is.

I grew up in a NYC borough and lived for many years in another one, and although obviously the amount of snow we we would get downstate was no where comparable to where you are now or even upstate NY, every once in a while we would get a snowpocolypse and then there would be no where to park until the spring when the snow melted. We parked on the street and you didn't even bother digging out your car half the time because once you moved it out of that spot, there was no where to repark it. Plus if you did attempt to dig it out, you would just get plowed back in when the plows came down to clear the streets.

I heard yesterday that the mayor said that alternate side of the street parking was going back into effect today, so now people have to move their cars again or they get tickets. I would like the mayor and all high ranking city officials to have to park on the street for one winter and see how much fun it is.

I guess the good thing for you was you had public transportation and all that jazz! But I can see how annoying that would be. I'm thankful that I have an actual parking lot. My co-workers who live in the bigger cities around me complain about the street parking and how much it sucks in the winter. I'd gladly park in a snowbank a couple of times rather than deal with street parking all winter :p

I guess the good thing for you was you had public transportation and all that jazz! But I can see how annoying that would be. I'm thankful that I have an actual parking lot. My co-workers who live in the bigger cities around me complain about the street parking and how much it sucks in the winter. I'd gladly park in a snowbank a couple of times rather than deal with street parking all winter :p
Public transportation in Manhattan = great. And give me a subway over a bus any day. Public transportation in the other boroughs, not as much. Especially if you needed to get across the borough (as opposed to going into the city). And forget about trying to get from one borough to another (unless like I said you were heading to Manhattan). It was doable but it took strategy, you had to have good luck with your timing, and have plenty of time to get where you needed to be. It was never any fun when full bus after full bus passed you by....

Just remember if you ever park on a street anywhere in New England fold your mirrors in.

**Don't be silly, it's only sandbagging when OTHER teams do it.**

I don't think that he hates Beck (or T-Swift), but that's what people take away from the Grammy "incidents".

I don't think anyone thinks that he hates them, actually. I think people think it's ridiculous to go on a rant about disrespecting artistry by disrespecting other artists.

(Side note - the first "incident" wasn't at the Grammies. It was at the VMA's, which historically do tend to reward a lot more of the "art" Kanye seems to approve of. So, his rant may have been under the guise of caring about artistry, but really... He's about money and publicity just as much as anyone else. This wasn't some ongoing thing he has about the Grammies not respecting real artists - this was some ongoing thing he has about not getting his way)

He's a child. I wish people would stop rewarding bad behavior.

So the sorority I want to join is having recruitment this week but they haven't posted a schedule for the week anywhere... Is there like an acceptable way to ask for one? I'm so lost on this process...

Suburbs of Philly were a disaster last night. All day it switched from sleet to rain and constantly dipping above and below freezing. Coming home from work I slid right through a stop sign, thankfully there was no one around and was forced to park at the bottom of my street and penguin waddle up the hill I live on.

I had surgery on my toe this morning and the doctor numbed it completely. It's starting to regain feeling and I'm terrified of the pain I might feel soon. :oops:

I don't think anyone thinks that he hates them, actually. I think people think it's ridiculous to go on a rant about disrespecting artistry by disrespecting other artists.

(Side note - the first "incident" wasn't at the Grammies. It was at the VMA's, which historically do tend to reward a lot more of the "art" Kanye seems to approve of. So, his rant may have been under the guise of caring about artistry, but really... He's about money and publicity just as much as anyone else. This wasn't some ongoing thing he has about the Grammies not respecting real artists - this was some ongoing thing he has about not getting his way)

He's a child. I wish people would stop rewarding bad behavior.
Oops, you're right, it was VMA's! And you're right that it's just not his opinion of the Grammy's. His latest album "Yeezus" and interviews throughout 2013 made it pretty clear that he feels frustrated by some big corporations - and probably academies like the Grammy jury and such. I agree with some of the points he is trying to make, but I can see why other people don't. That's fine with me. I really don't think that money and publicity is what he's all about, but I guess we can agree to disagree on that lol.

This is not directed to you - but what usually presses my buttons is when people talk about his artistry, or persona, without looking into it one bit. The media paints him out as one person, but that's not the correct image at all times. And when people says that he's a bad artist because he uses auto-tune, but completely ignoring/not looking into the deeper message about the song he's performing, it bugs me. This year's Grammy's he sang a song about his dead mother "singing" to him/his daughter. Last year's VMA's he sang the song "Blood On The Leaves". In the song he samples "Strange Fruit", which is about racial injustice. For the performance, he used a background with a tree - a tree where people were lynched back in the day. He was just like a silhouette dancing (Jesus/God reference), and the shadows from the audience's hands were like slaves reaching up from the dead. But most tweets I saw were like "what is Kanye doing, why is he dancing like that". There's always more to it, if people bother to look into it.

Oops, you're right, it was VMA's! And you're right that it's just not his opinion of the Grammy's. His latest album "Yeezus" and interviews throughout 2013 made it pretty clear that he feels frustrated by some big corporations - and probably academies like the Grammy jury and such. I agree with some of the points he is trying to make, but I can see why other people don't. That's fine with me. I really don't think that money and publicity is what he's all about, but I guess we can agree to disagree on that lol.

This is not directed to you - but what usually presses my buttons is when people talk about his artistry, or persona, without looking into it one bit. The media paints him out as one person, but that's not the correct image at all times. And when people says that he's a bad artist because he uses auto-tune, but completely ignoring/not looking into the deeper message about the song he's performing, it bugs me. This year's Grammy's he sang a song about his dead mother "singing" to him/his daughter. Last year's VMA's he sang the song "Blood On The Leaves". In the song he samples "Strange Fruit", which is about racial injustice. For the performance, he used a background with a tree - a tree where people were lynched back in the day. He was just like a silhouette dancing (Jesus/God reference), and the shadows from the audience's hands were like slaves reaching up from the dead. But most tweets I saw were like "what is Kanye doing, why is he dancing like that". There's always more to it, if people bother to look into it.
...... But the same could be said for the people he is talking about. When he goes on his rants about artistry, I have to question if he knows anything about Beck. The door swings both ways - he can't get mad that people don't appreciate his "art" while he's knocking others' that he clearly knows nothing about.

...... But the same could be said for the people he is talking about. When he goes on his rants about artistry, I have to question if he knows anything about Beck. The door swings both ways - he can't get mad that people don't appreciate his "art" while he's knocking others' that he clearly knows nothing about.
B9bja_NIQAAW8nU.jpg

This is from today! Also, he works with several "indie" artists like James Blake, Bon Iver/Justin Vernon and Lorde.

So I had my USA staff try outs on Saturday. I think it went really well considering I dislocated my kneecap during my solo routine (recurring problem I've had for a good 5 or so years...I've gotten to the point where I usually just pop it back in and pack on some ice). I finished my routine and I think I did as well as I could have. I hope I make it!
ETA: I have a really nice green and purple bruise on my knee now [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back