OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I hate not being able to sleep.. ive sleept pretty badly the lastest month and i blame it on work stress.. i just work evening now.. 1.30 pm until 8 pm.. and i hate it... but i do not have a choice.. and i have one and a half hour commute to work to..

I've been on the floor for the last two practices because one of our bases is traveling or something. We had a morning practice just now and I got the crap kicked out of me and I've noticed I'm soooo much more tired during run throughs. I do jumping jacks while the team does run throughs and I'm still just wiped halfway through.

Reactions: Ems
I've been on the floor for the last two practices because one of our bases is traveling or something. We had a morning practice just now and I got the crap kicked out of me and I've noticed I'm soooo much more tired during run throughs. I do jumping jacks while the team does run throughs and I'm still just wiped halfway through.
Clarifying that I usually do jumping jacks or run when I'm not needed as an alternate. Nothing compares to a cheer routine cardio wise lol.

we have our first main competition of the season coming up with the team in 13 days and this coming week is a holiday week where we are located so of course one of our bases is on a cruise somewhere in the sun and won't be back till showcase. Then of course today another base hurts her ankle while taking pictures . ugh. not our season

we have our first main competition of the season coming up with the team in 13 days and this coming week is a holiday week where we are located so of course one of our bases is on a cruise somewhere in the sun and won't be back till showcase. Then of course today another base hurts her ankle while taking pictures . ugh. not our season
How does one hurt an ankle while taking pictures..? I feel like there's a story here!

How does one hurt an ankle while taking pictures..? I feel like there's a story here!
haha it sounds way more interesting than it is , we had carnival practice today and we always take some stunt pictures in the costumes. For some reason her flyer decided to fall halfway through the picture, and as if that wasn't sad enough already because she should know how to do a lib scale she falls right onto her main base who falls to the floor twisting her ankle and the flyer landing on top of it. Now her ankle is the size of an elephant foot colored in green and blue and i'm stressed out even more because if she's out we have to change the whole routine because we don't have any alternates

haha it sounds way more interesting than it is , we had carnival practice today and we always take some stunt pictures in the costumes. For some reason her flyer decided to fall halfway through the picture, and as if that wasn't sad enough already because she should know how to do a lib scale she falls right onto her main base who falls to the floor twisting her ankle and the flyer landing on top of it. Now her ankle is the size of an elephant foot colored in green and blue and i'm stressed out even more because if she's out we have to change the whole routine because we don't have any alternates
Hopefully it's only temporary and she'll be back to normal soon! Best of luck to your team.

Wow I haven't been on here in forever. But if ANYONE could help give me a little advice that would be great, or if not I can just rant lol. So this year is my first year in college and I decided to go to school in LA. I'm from ATL so that's a very long distance. I'm considering transferring back home because I get homesick from time to time and just miss the comfort of home. My parents insist that I stay because if they had the chance to go they would. But I miss home so much. What would y'all do?

When I was first looking at colleges, my main requirement was it had to be under two hours away. I wanted to be able to go home for a weekend if I wanted to. Now that I'm over 4,000 miles away for a semester, I know I made the right decision in going to a school close to home. Theres no way I'd be able to do this all time. Granted LA to ATL isn't as huge of a difference, but you're still not able to go home when you're homesick. What's the point in taking a chance if you're miserable since you can't go home when you miss it?
Yeah, and I'm not exactly 100% happy here, I mean I enjoy it and all, but it could be better. It's a 4 hour plane ride from LA to ATL. But I feel as if I'd be transferring because I'm punking out.

Don't feel that way! How long have you been there?
I'm a freshman so this is my first year! So about 5-6 months. And it's so hard every time I go to the airport to come back out here from a break. Lol I just wanna run back home. And the school that I'm thinking about transferring to has a program where I can study a semester at my current school and vice versa. If I stayed out here, I could do a semester at the school I am looking at back home.

I'm a freshman so this is my first year! So about 5-6 months. And it's so hard every time I go to the airport to come back out here from a break. Lol I just wanna run back home. And the school that I'm thinking about transferring to has a program where I can study a semester at my current school and vice versa. If I stayed out here, I could do a semester at the school I am looking at back home.
will your parents let you transfer after your freshman year? My CP is a high school senior and wants to go to school down South. I am all for it as I think it is so important to live in different parts of the country if you have the opportunity, but I told her that if she does go away, she is there for the entire year, even if she gets homesick and wants to come home. I will let her transfer after a full year, but I don't feel that a semester is long enough to give a new environment a chance.
I'm sorry that you aren't happy. I guess the only advice I can give is to stay as busy as possible and take things one day at a time. The end of the semester will be here before you know it - May is only 3 months away!

will your parents let you transfer after your freshman year? My CP is a high school senior and wants to go to school down South. I am all for it as I think it is so important to live in different parts of the country if you have the opportunity, but I told her that if she does go away, she is there for the entire year, even if she gets homesick and wants to come home. I will let her transfer after a full year, but I don't feel that a semester is long enough to give a new environment a chance.
I'm sorry that you aren't happy. I guess the only advice I can give is to stay as busy as possible and take things one day at a time. The end of the semester will be here before you know it - May is only 3 months away!
Oh yeah! I'm definitely staying the whole year considering the fact that it's almost over lol. I just have a big decision to make in the next month. Thank you so much!

Ok so friday my car got a flat tire. Then the spare was flat. I had to buy a new one. Yesterday, my fuel started leaking and now I need to get the entire fuel line replaced. Today, my breaks went out. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Who does this happen to?? Why me??????
Literally just bought this car a month ago because my engine died. I told my parents I wanted to buy a newer used vehicle bc this one is 15 years old. It belonged to an older couple that "took care of it" and "didn't really use it" but it's falling apart like literally. I had to get my tail lights fixed when I bought it as well.

I can't help but be so dissppointed. This is the first car I bought with my own money and its a complete, hot mess. Ugggh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back