OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
just read that Oregon's A & T team lost a teammate this week due to meningitis. so awful! such an unexpected death. prayers to her family and team! but also how terrifying! It spreads so easily and teams are together so much. The news article said the university was giving the entire team preventative antibiotics just in case... but I can't even imagine. so sad.
How awful. :( I feel like there have been so many deaths in cheer this year alone.

Does anyone know if there are any gyms that will have people selling shirts at NCA this year? In 2010 there was a lady that sold Stingray shirts, but that's been a while back. I'm just curious if anyone is still doing that.
The past couple of years, Nfinity has had a pop-up store near the convention center with shirts from a bunch of different gyms. Haven't heard anything about this year yet, though.

Last edited:
I'm having my first Sheetz experience tomorrow! What should I get, North Carolinians? (Or Pennsylvanians or anyone else with Sheetz experience?
Veggie burrito and Mac and cheese!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there are any gyms that will have people selling shirts at NCA this year? In 2010 there was a lady that sold Stingray shirts, but that's been a while back. I'm just curious if anyone is still doing that.
I saw on instagram that Gymtyme Blink is selling shirts now for $25 and you can pick up at NCA.

The area I usually go to for shopping has a Starbucks and Dunkin across the street from each other, and neither has a drive thru. There's 3 Starbucks now in that town ( that one, one in Target and the Starbucks Cafe in Barnes and Noble) and none of them have a drive thru. The struggle with that one is real.

The street I live off of (a fairly "main" street" has four Starbucks alone on it, three with a drive thru and one in the target. I have a minimum of 7 Starbucks within a 10-15 minute drive from my apartment haha. It's crazy.

just read that Oregon's A & T team lost a teammate this week due to meningitis. so awful! such an unexpected death. prayers to her family and team! but also how terrifying! It spreads so easily and teams are together so much. The news article said the university was giving the entire team preventative antibiotics just in case... but I can't even imagine. so sad.
Also, a good reminder to make sure everyone is up to date on their immunizations.

Peace to all for the loss. So sad.

The street I live off of (a fairly "main" street" has four Starbucks alone on it, three with a drive thru and one in the target. I have a minimum of 7 Starbucks within a 10-15 minute drive from my apartment haha. It's crazy.

I have to drive over an hour to get to a Starbucks and that includes the one in the nearest Target.

Hey guys! One of my very close friends and also the person that introduced me to cheerleading unfortunately suddenly passed away on Tuesday after having meningococcemia. Her mother is trying to help raise money to cover funeral costs. Anything is appreciated!
Lauren Camille Jones Memorial Fund by Dorian Battle Sanders - GoFundMe

Didn't realize that someone already posted about her passing earlier. But Lauren was one of the sweetest human beings I have ever met. Such a caring and loving girl who changed my life for the better. She will truly be missed.

Last edited:
The variety of Kool Aid flavours in Canada is disappointing.

Do you have the Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade flavor? That's the best flavor. My brother and I would go through that stuff like it's nobody's business in the summer time. The rest of them are ok but they taste like jello and I'd rather just eat jello.

ETA: I always forget you're in Canada. I keep mixing up where people live.

I'm having my first Sheetz experience tomorrow! What should I get, North Carolinians? (Or Pennsylvanians or anyone else with Sheetz experience?
If you love peanut butter, get the Reeses hot chocolate! I adore their chicken and boom boom sauce too!!

I won't argue lol it was a doctor and nurse who told me this when I was in nursing school and also when I passed out from getting a blood test. That's why they give you juice to bring your blood sugar up. I have a continuous glucose monitor so I see my blood sugars updated every 5 minutes on a receiver from a sensor I wear and I've given blood and seen my blood sugar drops a bit because I'm not a fan of getting it done and definitely depends on the person doing it. Obviously blood sugar checks don't make me go low because I'm used to them and do them all the time so I don't know about blood sugar dropping them but anyways.
Makes sense. Anxiety=increased HR, faster sugar metabolism.... Crash.

Blood volume loss will affect pressure, but not liking the process could cause what you are talking about easily

Back