OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Don't be upset! :(

Thanks, I'm trying not to. Just found out that my cp will not get her uniform in time for this weeks competition. I'm dreading telling my cp this in the morning I know she will cry!! It's not our coaches fault just varsity's but it definitely sucks. We don't have practice wear so we won't be wearing that. Varsity is going to give us no named plain pieces midriff and skirts for competition. However its just sad. This is the only competition my cp's dad and his family are coming too and the same for my mom because they are moving out of state in a month. My daughter only has 2 more competitions on her youth team before we move at the end of the season. So 300$ for a uniform she will only wear twice..
I'm trying not to complain but I'm no longer looking forward to this competition when everyone else will have their uniforms but not us.
Again not our gyms fault but I always wonder why this stuff happens to me... I guess because something else better is to come.

Thanks for listening, I'm sorry you don't have to reply back to my nonsense lol.

Kris10boo said:
Thanks, I'm trying not to. Just found out that my cp will not get her uniform in time for this weeks competition. I'm dreading telling my cp this in the morning I know she will cry!! It's not our coaches fault just varsity's but it definitely sucks. We don't have practice wear so we won't be wearing that. Varsity is going to give us no named plain pieces midriff and skirts for competition. However its just sad. This is the only competition my cp's dad and his family are coming too and the same for my mom because they are moving out of state in a month. My daughter only has 2 more competitions on her youth team before we move at the end of the season. So 300$ for a uniform she will only wear twice..
I'm trying not to complain but I'm no longer looking forward to this competition when everyone else will have their uniforms but not us.
Again not our gyms fault but I always wonder why this stuff happens to me... I guess because something else better is to come.

Thanks for listening, I'm sorry you don't have to reply back to my nonsense lol.

Just remember she will be great and fierce with or without a uniform!

Okay guys I need your help. I have a formspring but I haven't been on it in about 2-3 months I'd say. A few days ago my friend sent me a screen shot of a girl on Tsunamis formspring page saying "Do you know (my name) from NJ? She follows you on here". It creeped me out a little, but I moved on from it thinking it was someone from my facebook since I do a have a picture with this girl. Then, just this morning my friend sent me a screen shot of Maison Baker's formspring saying the same thing but this time there was a name.. I clicked on it and it led to me to this creep's page. http://www.formspring.me/SunsetSurfer
He is obviously one of those perverts. I have NO idea how he found me since like I said, I don't use my formspring. Anyone know what I can do and why in the world he was asking these questions?!

I honestly can't believe all of my peers right now. Many of them go to Penn State or have been huge fans for a long time (including my own sister who is in her fourth year there), and I honestly can't believe some of the things popping up on Facebook since Paterno got fired yesterday. They are sitting there, openly and die-heartily defending a man who knew all and well that young men were being raped regularly. That's disgusting. They keep saying how Paterno is like a father figure to Penn State students. Well, I certainly hope none of them ever have to deal with a father figure to their children knowing their child was raped and saying nothing about it for 10 years. He doesn't deserve a second chance because he had 10 years worth of second chances and said nothing. They're just pissed this situation has brought to the surface the piece of garbage that Paterno is. Sorry for the rant, but it is just pissing me off that some of these people are saying Paterno didn't deserve to be fired. And that these people are more concerned about some dirty thousand year old football coach than the players who were raped against their own will.

Okay guys I need your help. I have a formspring but I haven't been on it in about 2-3 months I'd say. A few days ago my friend sent me a screen shot of a girl on Tsunamis formspring page saying "Do you know (my name) from NJ? She follows you on here". It creeped me out a little, but I moved on from it thinking it was someone from my facebook since I do a have a picture with this girl. Then, just this morning my friend sent me a screen shot of Maison Baker's formspring saying the same thing but this time there was a name.. I clicked on it and it led to me to this creep's page. http://www.formspring.me/SunsetSurfer
He is obviously one of those perverts. I have NO idea how he found me since like I said, I don't use my formspring. Anyone know what I can do and why in the world he was asking these questions?!

Well isn't that awkward??

No but for real that us creepy, good luck hope u figure it all out!!

I honestly can't believe all of my peers right now. Many of them go to Penn State or have been huge fans for a long time (including my own sister who is in her fourth year there), and I honestly can't believe some of the things popping up on Facebook since Paterno got fired yesterday. They are sitting there, openly and die-heartily defending a man who knew all and well that young men were being raped regularly. That's disgusting. They keep saying how Paterno is like a father figure to Penn State students. Well, I certainly hope none of them ever have to deal with a father figure to their children knowing their child was raped and saying nothing about it for 10 years. He doesn't deserve a second chance because he had 10 years worth of second chances and said nothing. They're just pissed this situation has brought to the surface the piece of garbage that Paterno is. Sorry for the rant, but it is just pissing me off that some of these people are saying Paterno didn't deserve to be fired. And that these people are more concerned about some dirty thousand year old football coach than the players who were raped against their own will.

Have you read the court documents? If not I highly suggest reading them because it may put Paterno in a different light. I do believe that he should have done more but he did what he was suppose to do knowing the information that he knew. The reports are making it out like he knew everything but he didn't he wasn't told exactly what happened but McQueary did. The man who was actually there wittnessing some of it in 2002 (McQueary) and who spoke of it to Paterno actually got to keep his job and will be there with them at the game this weekend. Paterno definitely messed up, but so much blame is being put on a man who did not know all of the information but the man who did know it and wittnessed it did absolutely nothing and is getting no flack for it and is still employed with the team.
I am in no way saying what was done wasn't horrible, but the media is making it far worse and people are jumping on one side or the other without knowing everything and reading what was actually said in the court documents.

While I don't go to Penn State, I know people that do. One of them put this on facebook and I think it sums it up well.

We know you don't understand. Generally, we don't try to explain. Unless you are a Buckeye or Fighting Irish, you probably don't get how an institution embeds itself in a student's life. And that is fine.
But right now, we want you to know this:
We are distraught and truly sickened by this horror perpetrated on young victims by one who represented the Blue and White, and perpetuated by others at the University. We aren't blind followers who drink Blue Kool-Aid. We grieve for and with the victims and their families. We pray for them to find healing and peace and a way to live a good life.
We know that while many people had responsibility, the most visible one almost always goes down first. We are not disputing the need for this to happen. We are not "defending" anything. We are simply crushed and heartbroken. This is not the Penn State we love, the Penn State that is part of our being.
What you know of Joe Paterno probably comes from television or magazine articles.
We know the man who has lived in the same McKee St house for decades. We have chatted with him as he walked to practice. We have eaten ice cream with him at the Creamery. We have studied in the new library wing his money helped build. We have visited the sports museum and spiritual center he also helped build. We have seen him cheering on other Penn State athletes. We know he loves Penn State as much as we do.
Some of our friends, brothers, husbands, sons have been privileged to put on the Blue and White uniform and listen to 100,000 fans in Beaver Stadium. We know how hard they have worked, how much time they have devoted, how many of them have been part of an excellent scholar/athlete legacy...and how much they love this man and this program.
We aren't stupid or naive. We know Joe Paterno has culpability. We know he could have made different choices - he admitted that. We don't think he is God or always perfect or saintly. But he is the greatest college football coach ever, and he is PSU family, and we don't want his exit to be like this.
WE ARE...not closing our eyes, ignoring reports, pretending this isn't a wretched occurrence.
WE ARE...angry that innocents would be violated under our care.
WE ARE...in support of appropriate punishment for every person involved.
WE ARE...demanding change to a system that would allow this.
WE ARE...not concerned if you do not understand our love and devotion.
WE ARE...PENN STATE proud and we will rise again.

@SEgymrat that post is great. Many people are following the media as this story progresses but there is so much more to it then what the media shows. Those students are getting hate left and right because they are for a man who has put so much time and effort into not just the football team but the entire university and they are hurt to see him go out this way. With 3 games left the university chose to fire the man while the other got to keep his job and be on the sideline with the team this weekend. I never went to Penn State but I can understand where they are coming from. So any think that they are making excuses for what happened, but they just don't think it was handled correctly and instead of taking it out on everyone involved Paterno is getting the crap end in it all.

I read the entire Grand Jury Report earlier tonight (after I posted the above)and I still feel the same way. But trust me, after reading it it became clear to me that I think EVERYONE should have been, at the very least, suspended when all of this came out. Specifically, It angers me that McQueary hasn't been released. Joe Paterno was fired without integrity and with the minimum effort possible because he lacked integrity and gave these boys the minimum effort possible 10 years ago. If he was the man I thought he was, he would have addressed the rioters last night by saying "I was wrong and the university did the right thing. Go home kids. Or at the very least, riot for the kids who were forever damaged instead of for me." I am in full understanding that Paterno is being scapegoated in this case, but he was also a face of the university and more importantly: The entire football program of PSU. I understand that he was a FANTASTIC and LEGENDARY football coach, but that doesn't make it morally okay to knowingly let young children get mistreated. IMO saying something and knowing it was never heard is just as bad as saying nothing in a situation like this. Whenever Paterno, Curley, Shultz, and everyone in this case looks those boys and their parents in the faces, they can say nothing more than: "I did the minimum of what I was legally obligated to do and then moved on." The organization slapped Sandusky's wrist instead of doing what was morally right. I hope no student or alumi EVER has to go through what these victims families are going through.

This scandal is just getting started. The number of coverups that have already been motioned at is incredible. I have a feeling that this scandal is far deeper than just Paterno or McQueary. I think a lot of people have a hand in this at that university. It's unfortunate, but the least the university can do for these victims is release these men from their jobs. I think it would be best if the university just starts wiping the slate clean of everyone involved with this scandal within the football program. Advertisers are already pulling their spots for the afternoon football games for the next 2 weeks. They could already facing suspension of the football program by the NCAA at this point.

I think Paterno truly knows now that he should have done more, but he at the time new very little about the situation and while he did the minimum what he did was still not illegal so I personally feel he should have been allowed to finish the 3 games of the season and allowed to retire like he had already agreed to. Those athletes are safer with him as a coach then having McQueary with them who wittnessed something and didn't go to the police. If he didn't go to the police over something that horrible can you imagine the other things he would let go unnoticed?!? I honestly think that even had Paterno gone to the police when he learned what he did he still would have been fired for drawing so much attention to the school because I really believe there is a huge coverup going on at the school.
Do I believe Paterno should coach anymore? No, but what I don't agree with was the way he was let go while the other's name is rarely mentioned, he still has his job, and he himself has yet to make a statement. It is a nasty nasty situation that the school is going to have to go through and it won't be pretty, but if the coverup is as big as I feel it is they deserve it to be nasty and hard to clean up.

just wondering if anyone has MD twisters updates.
i've been REALLY wanting to hear that Izzy (Supercells & Weathergirls) might be on f5. she is one fierce chica!

I think Paterno truly knows now that he should have done more, but he at the time new very little about the situation and while he did the minimum what he did was still not illegal so I personally feel he should have been allowed to finish the 3 games of the season and allowed to retire like he had already agreed to. Those athletes are safer with him as a coach then having McQueary with them who wittnessed something and didn't go to the police. If he didn't go to the police over something that horrible can you imagine the other things he would let go unnoticed?!? I honestly think that even had Paterno gone to the police when he learned what he did he still would have been fired for drawing so much attention to the school because I really believe there is a huge coverup going on at the school.
Do I believe Paterno should coach anymore? No, but what I don't agree with was the way he was let go while the other's name is rarely mentioned, he still has his job, and he himself has yet to make a statement. It is a nasty nasty situation that the school is going to have to go through and it won't be pretty, but if the coverup is as big as I feel it is they deserve it to be nasty and hard to clean up.
I agree that they probably should have given Paterno a heads up and said "Hey, step down now or we're going to fire you." But the board of trustees was probably trying to figure out how they're going to cover their own butts. Something tells me some of them know something too. The school is in deep crap right now. Especially because this obviously wasn't just a secret within the football program. The fact that this all is just coming out and it's already clear that people very high up in the university knew about it and tried to cover it up is just the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if Bradley and other coaches that have been on PSU's coaching staff for a long time knew about it, to at least some degree, also. Paterno isn't being indited because he did everything he was legally supposed to do, but he was fired because morally he should have done more. McQueary should be suffering the same fate, if no sooner, by next week. Paterno is taking a hit for a large part of what Curley, Shultz, and McQueary are to blame for. For the program to retain any of the reputation they still have in the NCAA, the university just needs to start releasing everyone involved in it to try and distance themselves as much as the possibly can.

It's a shame that the students may have to pay if it turns out that this is deeper than just Spanier and the football program. I hope that everyone involved is already revealed, but McQueary staying on the staff where he's not allowed to talk and Paterno going forth and hiring one of the top defense attorneys in the entire country is telling me this is just the tip of the iceburg. Judging by the GJR, out of the 4 Paterno knew the least, but by media standards he's taking it hardest.

Back