OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
...Who let me read the Hunger Games? I blew through them like water and now I'm DYING for the movie. And I want to re-read them but the amount of emotional trauma in that book is too great.

Although- if you read them, how did you feel about Mockingjay (the last book), particularly with the last, idk, 50 pages or so? I noticed with that book in particular, I felt as if the author just skipped certain parts or condensed things in order to make the storytelling easier for herself and it sorta felt..rushed? Also, apparently she took a leaf out of Deathly Hallows...and not the type of leaf I wanted.

...Who let me read the Hunger Games? I blew through them like water and now I'm DYING for the movie. And I want to re-read them but the amount of emotional trauma in that book is too great.

Although- if you read them, how did you feel about Mockingjay (the last book), particularly with the last, idk, 50 pages or so? I noticed with that book in particular, I felt as if the author just skipped certain parts or condensed things in order to make the storytelling easier for herself and it sorta felt..rushed? Also, apparently she took a leaf out of Deathly Hallows...and not the type of leaf I wanted.

I am sooo excited for the movie, although, I am not getting my hopes up just yet. When I first saw the trailer, I wasn't too thrilled, NOTHING was what I pictured it as. But when the countdown to the Cornucopia started, I started getting more into it. But the more I watch it, the more I'm excited to go to the midnight premier (hopefully). I'm interested to see how the film people decided to portray everyone and everything. But I still think that no book-to-movie movie will ever, ever, ever beat the Harry Potter movies, regardless of how much was left out of them.

As for Mockingjay, I was not really pleased with it. When I read the first book, i literally could not put it down. (I read it during water breaks at practice... coaches were probably not too happy) and then Catching Fire was just as good. But ughhh Mockingjay, at times, I felt like I was reading it just to see what happened and just to know how it ended. The last 50 pages were such a blur, I remember having to go back to parts and reread them to figure out what was going on. I agree that it felt rushed. ***SPOILER AHEAD**** And Prim's death felt.... not very well written. For a character like Prim, who Katniss treasured and was the reason she gave it her all in the games when she could've just accepted defeat, I was dissapointed in the way that part was written. I mean, Rue's death felt more heartfelt than Prim's. That was one part where I legit reread 15 times and just kept thinking, "That's it? That's all she's gonna say about it?" I was a little peeved. ***SPOILER OVER*** Overall though, I loved the series, def my number two favorite series (nothing can compare to HP.)

I think you should watch this video, though. My friend showed it to me, I laugh every time, it never gets old. Peeta's "protest" at the end is hysterical...

I am sooo excited for the movie, although, I am not getting my hopes up just yet. When I first saw the trailer, I wasn't too thrilled, NOTHING was what I pictured it as. But when the countdown to the Cornucopia started, I started getting more into it. But the more I watch it, the more I'm excited to go to the midnight premier (hopefully). I'm interested to see how the film people decided to portray everyone and everything. But I still think that no book-to-movie movie will ever, ever, ever beat the Harry Potter movies, regardless of how much was left out of them.

As for Mockingjay, I was not really pleased with it. When I read the first book, i literally could not put it down. (I read it during water breaks at practice... coaches were probably not too happy) and then Catching Fire was just as good. But ughhh Mockingjay, at times, I felt like I was reading it just to see what happened and just to know how it ended. The last 50 pages were such a blur, I remember having to go back to parts and reread them to figure out what was going on. I agree that it felt rushed.
I knocked out your spoiler, but that was one of the parts that KILLED me..and the part afterwards where she decides who to shoot with the arrow (I think you can guess where I'm going)..TOTALLY called that. I deff had that feeling with Mockingjay, just trying to get through it to see how it would end. Also the whole love triangle between Gale/Peeta/Katniss started to annoy me..I really didn't like how that was resolved. ***SPOILER***I really don't like what happened with Finnick. I was SO MAD when he died. I was like REALLY?!? You had to go and take Boggs, fine. I loved Boggs. I understood that the tributes had to die..and I cried hysterically with Rue..but SERIOUSLY! How could you do that to Finnick?! He was built up so much and then his death was so anticlimactic. And Gale just suddenly no longer exists? I get that he might have been mad she didn't shoot him like he wanted her to, but really?! I feel like they just wanted to hit the epilogue with her and Peeta ***SPOILER OVER*** I will say though, I LOVE Cinna. That was exactly how I pictured him in my head and he is FANTASTIC. Possibly my favorite character.. Cinna, Foxface (I have no clue why I loved her so much), Rue, Thresh. From Catching Fire: Finnick. Such a good looking, horribly treated man. Beetee and Johanna..

I knocked out your spoiler, but that was one of the parts that KILLED me..and the part afterwards where she decides who to shoot with the arrow (I think you can guess where I'm going)..TOTALLY called that. I deff had that feeling with Mockingjay, just trying to get through it to see how it would end. Also the whole love triangle between Gale/Peeta/Katniss started to annoy me..I really didn't like how that was resolved. ***SPOILER***I really don't like what happened with Finnick. I was SO MAD when he died. I was like REALLY?!? You had to go and take Boggs, fine. I loved Boggs. I understood that the tributes had to die..and I cried hysterically with Rue..but SERIOUSLY! How could you do that to Finnick?! He was built up so much and then his death was so anticlimactic. And Gale just suddenly no longer exists? I get that he might have been mad she didn't shoot him like he wanted her to, but really?! I feel like they just wanted to hit the epilogue with her and Peeta ***SPOILER OVER*** I will say though, I LOVE Cinna. That was exactly how I pictured him in my head and he is FANTASTIC. Possibly my favorite character.. Cinna, Foxface (I have no clue why I loved her so much), Rue, Thresh. From Catching Fire: Finnick. Such a good looking, horribly treated man. Beetee and Johanna..

I agree with you on the love triangle as well, at times I didn't even know what was going on. At the end of the series, I really started to hate Katniss, and that was one of the reasons why. I also didn't like how she would just disregard the world around her and let everyone else deal with the consequences of some of her actions. She just started acting very childish. And Finnick, Rue and Prim's death were heartbreaking but Collins should have written them a lot better, but it'll be interesting to see how the movie does it. Maybe not all will be lost with my expectations on that one.
Cinna was how I pictured and so was President Snow (a little off, but I could deal) as well as Seneca Crane. Rue was EXACTLY how I pictured her, she is so adorable and innocent and I'm not sure if I can handle myself in the theater when she dies. But Katniss was NOTHING like I pictured her. Image, attitude, mannerisms, etc. Neither was Prim. Or Peeta. Or Effie (to be honest, I just pictured her as a duplicate of Professor Umbridge throughout the entire series lol. oy was I shocked when I saw her in the trailer...) I'm also interested on how they are going to deal with Peeta's prosthetic legs for the last two movies.
I really need to reread the series though, lol I'm vaguely remembering who some of these people who you are mentioning are!

I agree with you on the love triangle as well, at times I didn't even know what was going on. At the end of the series, I really started to hate Katniss, and that was one of the reasons why. I also didn't like how she would just disregard the world around her and let everyone else deal with the consequences of some of her actions. She just started acting very childish. And Finnick, Rue and Prim's death were heartbreaking but Collins should have written them a lot better, but it'll be interesting to see how the movie does it. Maybe not all will be lost with my expectations on that one.
Cinna was how I pictured and so was President Snow (a little off, but I could deal) as well as Seneca Crane. Rue was EXACTLY how I pictured her, she is so adorable and innocent and I'm not sure if I can handle myself in the theater when she dies. But Katniss was NOTHING like I pictured her. Image, attitude, mannerisms, etc. Neither was Prim. Or Peeta. Or Effie (to be honest, I just pictured her as a duplicate of Professor Umbridge throughout the entire series lol. oy was I shocked when I saw her in the trailer...) I'm also interested on how they are going to deal with Peeta's prosthetic legs for the last two movies.
I really need to reread the series though, lol I'm vaguely remembering who some of these people who you are mentioning are!
President Snow I pictured as a white-haired version of John Waters in 'The Creep' by Lonely Island lol. The problem for most of the more main characters was that I saw the trailer before I read the books, so their image kinda popped in my brain and molded in with how I pictured people..Although I pictured Prim, Katniss, Gale, heck even Peeta a bit different. The trailer-effect messed with my perception of Effie, so rewatching it I was like 'Yep, that's Effie lol'. I'm more interested in how they're going to deal with Mockingjay...there are some HORRIBLE things that happen and I don't know how they're going to show them. Hunger Games is more basic in brutality, but some of those pods in both Catching Fire (in the Quarter Quell) and in Mockingjay are just BRUTAL.

California cheerleaders:
Have any of you heard of a gym called Desert Spirit Cheer Athletics? Or something along those lines? (I'm sure I botched thr name a little..) I was watching Beyond Scared Straight last night, and one of the kids cheered there.

Latest posts

Back