OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So much of that this weekend. :mad:
I'm assuming you're talking about Spirit Sports. I actually enjoyed watching a lot of the senior 2 teams.. some really unique ideas I've never seen before. Stuff that was more entertaining that a standard, cookie cutter level 5.

I'm assuming you're talking about Spirit Sports. I actually enjoyed watching a lot of the senior 2 teams.. some really unique ideas I've never seen before. Stuff that was more entertaining that a standard, cookie cutter level 5.
Yes, and I agree. Just didn't like the whole "ugh why are there level 2 teams going between these level 5 teams?" feel that I was getting.

#Thatawkwardmomentwhen my friend spells college like collage & I don't know if I should correct them because that might seem rude........

So I've basically convinced myself that I can't tumble anymore so I can relearn everything starting with my janky back handspring because I'm positive thats the reason I'm not able to do a layout. I'm gonna do privates with my favorite coach to help!

I was in tears yesterday at a layout clinic at my gym because I'm 16 and only got my back handspring last year. Every time I get a new skill, I'll have it solid for 2 or 3 weeks and then I can't do it anymore. I wanna cheer in college but I feel like I'm running out of time to learn all my tumbling before then. It also doesn't help that I'm on a level 4 team (I can base everything) and have 0 level 4 tumbling skills. I had a standing tuck...but of course I lost it. So frustrated!!

So I've basically convinced myself that I can't tumble anymore so I can relearn everything starting with my janky back handspring because I'm positive thats the reason I'm not able to do a layout. I'm gonna do privates with my favorite coach to help!

I was in tears yesterday at a layout clinic at my gym because I'm 16 and only got my back handspring last year. Every time I get a new skill, I'll have it solid for 2 or 3 weeks and then I can't do it anymore. I wanna cheer in college but I feel like I'm running out of time to learn all my tumbling before then. It also doesn't help that I'm on a level 4 team (I can base everything) and have 0 level 4 tumbling skills. I had a standing tuck...but of course I lost it. So frustrated!!

Never, ever stop working. Everyone has something amazing to offer. Might be the tumbling, might be your basing skills, someone else might work out a fierce dance. Just don't stop trying! Go easy on yourself and be proud of your strengths, Miss Beast Base!!
My cp can pull some crazy stunts in the air, but can't jump her way out of back row to save her life - and it's ok!! I promise!

honestly this has always been the story of my life, im in my first year of university this year and have never had anything past a jankey backhand spring and that has only been since last year, i have always been only 4 teams because i am such an amazing base my coaches have never beat me to death about tumbling skills because they know im amazing at what i contribute (and this is coming from a kid who has been to 3 different gyms, i was always placed on a level 2 team first but once they knew what i was capable of they bumped me up) dont beat yourself up about it and take it slowly YOU HAVE TIME just work out your mental block and you will be fine :)

alliebby33 Don't get discouraged. You never know when you might turn the corner and everything clicks.

Okay, for the second time in a month I have randomly(?) lost double digit shimmys. :(

Never, ever stop working. Everyone has something amazing to offer. Might be the tumbling, might be your basing skills, someone else might work out a fierce dance. Just don't stop trying! Go easy on yourself and be proud of your strengths, Miss Beast Base!!
My cp can pull some crazy stunts in the air, but can't jump her way out of back row to save her life - and it's ok!! I promise!

honestly this has always been the story of my life, im in my first year of university this year and have never had anything past a jankey backhand spring and that has only been since last year, i have always been only 4 teams because i am such an amazing base my coaches have never beat me to death about tumbling skills because they know im amazing at what i contribute (and this is coming from a kid who has been to 3 different gyms, i was always placed on a level 2 team first but once they knew what i was capable of they bumped me up) dont beat yourself up about it and take it slowly YOU HAVE TIME just work out your mental block and you will be fine :)

Thank you both so much!! It really is my dream to be able to cheer in college (either allstars or college, depending where I end up) because I've only been cheering since 7th grade and not since I was really little like a lot of people! I know I have a lot of work to do, but its something I love and definitely worth it!

Thank you both so much!! It really is my dream to be able to cheer in college (either allstars or college, depending where I end up) because I've only been cheering since 7th grade and not since I was really little like a lot of people! I know I have a lot of work to do, but its something I love and definitely worth it!
lol now you sound a lot like me i started in grade 7 too and when i started i didn't even know how to do a front roll hows that for mad tumbling skills ;)? lol just keep at it :) good luck!

People from my school are praying for snow right now, I feel like they haven't learned from last year. In 2011, we had a full week off of school because of snow. Now I live in the Piedmont area of North Carolina so our school districts are babies about snow and as long as they see it on the ground, we don't go to school. Of course, we had to make up that week, which meant we didn't have a day off until spring break. Thirteen straight weeks of school. They don't realize that we got lucky, this year they'll take it out of our spring break. The funny thing is, the people wanting snow will be the first ones on facebook complaining about going to school when we have to make it up. -___-

Back