OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is too funny not to share:

So my best friend, Nicole, just told me that she and her roommate are hiding a 10 week old puppy in their dorm suite. The puppy is beyond adorable, it's a boxer-lab mix.That's him vvvvv
405603_362986113715943_100000136728167_1639565_1099574926_n.jpg

(Sorry it's so huge). Apparently, they are keeping it until her roommate's parents can come pick it up (roommate lives in Minnesota, college is in New York) until mid-February. How they ended up in this predicament is beyond me. But from what she's telling me, they have to train the dog. As in potty train it, train it not to destroy anything, train it not to bark, everything that goes along with having a puppy. All while hiding him. I guess they have a system of taking him out to go to the bathroom by taking the screen out of their window and sneaking him in and out through there (they live on the ground floor and their suite faces the woods). But you'd have to understand Nicole to get how funny this is. First off, she is the epitome of a "blonde". She's ditzy, clumsy, forgetful, etc. She's also never owned a dog in her life... I keep telling her this will never work out, but she's insisting that it will. I'm just waiting until the dog starts teething/starts losing it's baby teeth or when it starts growing. Or worse, until it finally finds it's voice... I just can't stop laughing at this. For the dog's sake, I hope they don't get caught. The best part though? They named the dog "Hobo Joe Junk Pants"; "Hobo Jobo" or "JP" (for Junk Pants) for short. Ya gotta love art students and their creativity and optimism...

This is too funny not to share:

So my best friend, Nicole, just told me that she and her roommate are hiding a 10 week old puppy in their dorm suite. The puppy is beyond adorable, it's a boxer-lab mix.That's him vvvvv

(Sorry it's so huge). Apparently, they are keeping it until her roommate's parents can come pick it up (roommate lives in Minnesota, college is in New York) until mid-February. How they ended up in this predicament is beyond me. But from what she's telling me, they have to train the dog. As in potty train it, train it not to destroy anything, train it not to bark, everything that goes along with having a puppy. All while hiding him. I guess they have a system of taking him out to go to the bathroom by taking the screen out of their window and sneaking him in and out through there (they live on the ground floor and their suite faces the woods). But you'd have to understand Nicole to get how funny this is. First off, she is the epitome of a "blonde". She's ditzy, clumsy, forgetful, etc. She's also never owned a dog in her life... I keep telling her this will never work out, but she's insisting that it will. I'm just waiting until the dog starts teething/starts losing it's baby teeth or when it starts growing. Or worse, until it finally finds it's voice... I just can't stop laughing at this. For the dog's sake, I hope they don't get caught. The best part though? They named the dog "Hobo Joe Junk Pants"; "Hobo Jobo" or "JP" (for Junk Pants) for short. Ya gotta love art students and their creativity and optimism...

this puppy is adorable! and yes yes you must love art students something about them is just divine (not because im one or anything... lol) and the name is hilarious

Just have to share my excitement that 7 weeks from today, I will be heading to Dublin, Ireland!! CAN'T WAIT!! :D
YOU WILL LOVE IT! Ireland is probably one of my favorite places in the whole world. Dublin was great fun, but definitely travel around if you can. The countryside is absolutely breathtaking. I'm itching to go back, it's been over a year already..

YOU WILL LOVE IT! Ireland is probably one of my favorite places in the whole world. Dublin was great fun, but definitely travel around if you can. The countryside is absolutely breathtaking. I'm itching to go back, it's been over a year already..
AAHH I'm so excited. Finally going back to the motherland haha. Two of my friends are getting their masters in the city so I'm staying there but we are planning on traveling a bit. I think Cork, Galway, Cliffs of Moher, and possibly a beach somewhere. Any suggestions?

AAHH I'm so excited. Finally going back to the motherland haha. Two of my friends are getting their masters in the city so I'm staying there but we are planning on traveling a bit. I think Cork, Galway, Cliffs of Moher, and possibly a beach somewhere. Any suggestions?
I went to a beach near Waterford, because my sort-of boyfriend was living there when I went about a year ago..was in Tramore. I didn't hit up beaches much 'cause I was there in winter-spring (Jan-May) when I studied abroad so there wasn't much beach weather lol.

I lived in Cork. I LOVE Cork. So adorable, fun city, and UCC (where I studied) is absolutely CLASS (I miss my irish slang lol). The old building looks like Hogwarts. It's a gorgeous campus and I miss it. Go to the Jameson distillery if you can and volunteer to do the tasting! Galway I remember has this HUGE bar that was converted from a church. It's a beautiful city..I went there during the Ireland/England six nations game. Cliffs of Moher are utterly breathtaking. You don't realize how high you are until you stand on one cliff and then walk to another to compare your height. If you can get to Kinsale, it's utterly adorable and I want to live there. My bf's family is from Newbridge, which is in Co Kildare, which is another cute little town. Really, anywhere you go will be adorable and fun. I did Blarney and kissed the stone, although I was super hesitant and washed my mouth afterwards because it's super germy. The people are lovely, though, and they love Americans. Especially if you're not stereotypical. Although be careful- if they know more about America than you do, they'll get pretty feisty!

kristenthegreat you are amazing! Thanks for the great info! I forgot to add Blarney, that is on our list. One of my friends studied abroad a few years ago at UCC actually and she loved Cork also so it's definitely on our list. We're definitely thinking of the Guinness factory as well, didn't realize there was a Jameson one too! Excellent! Just googled Kinsale and turns out there's a Kinsale pub in Boston, may have to check that out to prepare for my time over there ;) But really, the pictures from the actual Kinsale look adorable! Emailing my friends now with all of this new info! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much appreciated!

kristenthegreat you are amazing! Thanks for the great info! I forgot to add Blarney, that is on our list. One of my friends studied abroad a few years ago at UCC actually and she loved Cork also so it's definitely on our list. We're definitely thinking of the Guinness factory as well, didn't realize there was a Jameson one too! Excellent! Just googled Kinsale and turns out there's a Kinsale pub in Boston, may have to check that out to prepare for my time over there ;) But really, the pictures from the actual Kinsale look adorable! Emailing my friends now with all of this new info! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much appreciated!
Not a problem at all :D Ireland became my second (well, technically third) home..and I would happily move there if I could find a job (the job situation isn't that great). Just be prepared for the conversion..even if economy is bad, it's still on the Euro. Also visit Penney's if you ever need anything. It's all dirt cheap but some stuff is pretty good quality. I could talk about Ireland for ages..I love it so much it's unhealthy lol. Go into An Spailpin Fanach in Cork if you can. It's where I met Killian..super cute and cozy trad bar. Good music too!

fiercerando88 said:

If you like the Jameson factory you should love the Scotch distilleries. I think you should take the tour and if you happen to get extra samples. . .

Well today was my first day driving in snow....I almost crashed about 15 times. Now I'm stuck at my moms work because there's no way I'm going back out there. Fierceboarduntil 2 this afternoon, sounds like a good day to me.

Back