OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Happy Birthday!

Ok seriously job. I'm trying to do this awesome ski vacation that I promised my Irishman 'Would be no problem to do!' (because my original manager said it wouldn't be a big deal) and they KEEP. ADDING. SHIFTS. For serious. I get one part of the week covered, they add another shift. I have everything basically set, and they JUST KEEP AT IT. I feel like he KNOWS I'm trying to cover this stuff and they keep asking.

Warning Major rant about to occur:

My roommate and me, were really good friends last year. So i thought sharing a room this year would be just fine, but its honestly turned out to be a disaster. She has this new uhm, im not quite sure how to describe him, but ill just say "Boyfriend" cause thats what he is without the title. Because of him shes changed completely and she wont even listen to me or our other good friend when we try to tell her this. We can never get her to hang out with us anymore, because she wants to spend every free moment with him. When shes studying in the room I cant talk or even move around to much or she gets mad, yet when im studying in the room or trying to sleep, she finds it perfectly ok for them to be in the room being loud and obnoxious, when I ask her to quiet down she tells me its her room too. She also gives me a hard time because im now cheering, litterally rolls her eyes anytime I say im going to a game or practice. The worst part of it all is some days I have weights, and with my schedule I dont really have a choice but to wear my cheerleading stuff, mostly just a cheer shirt under my cheer jacket cause in the weight room we are supposed to wear App Cheer stuff. On the days I wear this though she literally tells me im being rude and just trying to show off. I just dont understand why shes changed so much.

Rant over though, I feel better just typing it out and venting my frustrations.

Warning Major rant about to occur:

My roommate and me, were really good friends last year. So i thought sharing a room this year would be just fine, but its honestly turned out to be a disaster. She has this new uhm, im not quite sure how to describe him, but ill just say "Boyfriend" cause thats what he is without the title. Because of him shes changed completely and she wont even listen to me or our other good friend when we try to tell her this. We can never get her to hang out with us anymore, because she wants to spend every free moment with him. When shes studying in the room I cant talk or even move around to much or she gets mad, yet when im studying in the room or trying to sleep, she finds it perfectly ok for them to be in the room being loud and obnoxious, when I ask her to quiet down she tells me its her room too. She also gives me a hard time because im now cheering, litterally rolls her eyes anytime I say im going to a game or practice. The worst part of it all is some days I have weights, and with my schedule I dont really have a choice but to wear my cheerleading stuff, mostly just a cheer shirt under my cheer jacket cause in the weight room we are supposed to wear App Cheer stuff. On the days I wear this though she literally tells me im being rude and just trying to show off. I just dont understand why shes changed so much.

Rant over though, I feel better just typing it out and venting my frustrations.
Girl, do I feel ya..I've had friends in annoying relationships and BOY do they suck.

Girl, do I feel ya..I've had friends in annoying relationships and BOY do they suck.
I hate it so much when it completely changes a person, and that has definitely happened here. What scares me is this guy is going nowhere with his life, and they fight more then anyone ive ever seen but she still feels the need to put him first all the time. Im just gonna wait this one out and hopefully she'll realize how dumb she is being.

I hate it so much when it completely changes a person, and that has definitely happened here. What scares me is this guy is going nowhere with his life, and they fight more then anyone ive ever seen but she still feels the need to put him first all the time. Im just gonna wait this one out and hopefully she'll realize how dumb she is being.
ugh i know the feeling (although im not living with her) but one of my best friends since grade 8 is dating this guy who still acts like hes 16 they fight all the time she starts crying if shes not with him longer then 3 hours its ridiculous and the only thing you can do is wait it out :/

I've got a 'that couple'..in public they're practically (or are actually) sitting in each others laps 5 feet away from the rest of the group doing their own thing. They play fight all the time, which can get really annoying on Day 11 of a 20 day trip extravaganza. 'No, I'm mad, there's a wall between us and you can't cross it.' Girl I will BUILD a wall between the two of you if you don't Cut. It. Out. They're SUPER sappy and disgusting but in public. I mean, a little cutesy is fine, but plastering that business repeated all over your facebook can get real old, real quick.

I've got a 'that couple'..in public they're practically (or are actually) sitting in each others laps 5 feet away from the rest of the group doing their own thing. They play fight all the time, which can get really annoying on Day 11 of a 20 day trip extravaganza. 'No, I'm mad, there's a wall between us and you can't cross it.' Girl I will BUILD a wall between the two of you if you don't Cut. It. Out. They're SUPER sappy and disgusting but in public. I mean, a little cutesy is fine, but plastering that business repeated all over your facebook can get real old, real quick.
I think my problem is, we live in the same tiny freaking dorm room he has his own place off campus and she still feels the need to bring him in here and drive me insane. Doesnt matter if ive had a full day of class weights and games, i come back and they're in here. Sometimes its ok but not EVERY day.

She literally doesnt care anymore, my phone chargers broken so my phones been dead and its my alarm. I asked her three times yesterday to make sure that when she left for class I was up so I didnt over sleep mine. Guess who didnt bother waking me up? I was late to class, which is my hardest class and also a major class. I dont understand im a light sleeper all she had to do was be like hey kayla wake up.

I think my problem is, we live in the same tiny freaking dorm room he has his own place off campus and she still feels the need to bring him in here and drive me insane. Doesnt matter if ive had a full day of class weights and games, i come back and they're in here. Sometimes its ok but not EVERY day.

She literally doesnt care anymore, my phone chargers broken so my phones been dead and its my alarm. I asked her three times yesterday to make sure that when she left for class I was up so I didnt over sleep mine. Guess who didnt bother waking me up? I was late to class, which is my hardest class and also a major class. I dont understand im a light sleeper all she had to do was be like hey kayla wake up.
Oof. Do I feel for you..nothing's worse than a perpetual, unwanted 3rd roommate. I take it your school doesn't have stay limits? My old dorm you could only stay for 3 nights in a row, then they had to leave (unless you got special permission in advance from the Housing Office). You could only have 7 overnights per month. It was to keep it from turning into a permanent living situation (which people got around by having their friends check them in..until suddenly they weren't 'friends' anymore). It's a shame you can't switch..

Oof. Do I feel for you..nothing's worse than a perpetual, unwanted 3rd roommate. I take it your school doesn't have stay limits? My old dorm you could only stay for 3 nights in a row, then they had to leave (unless you got special permission in advance from the Housing Office). You could only have 7 overnights per month. It was to keep it from turning into a permanent living situation (which people got around by having their friends check them in..until suddenly they weren't 'friends' anymore). It's a shame you can't switch..
No nothing like that at all, I mean your not supposed to stay more then 7 nights I believe but nobody really enforces the rule. He doesnt so much stay as its just I feel like hes always around.

No nothing like that at all, I mean your not supposed to stay more then 7 nights I believe but nobody really enforces the rule. He doesnt so much stay as its just I feel like hes always around.
We don't even have stay limits, they have to be off the hall at 12, and my roommate had her boyfriend living there last semester. He didn't even live in the same town. He lived 45 min away....I talked to the RA and she warned her about it and nothing changed...good news though, she got kicked out. She literally missed every single one of her finals making her fail every single class....good for me! I am roommateless!

That awkward moment when I'm registering for Spring classes and CougarWeb (where we registered & all our records are kept yadda yadda yadda) drops me from my Winter classes, so I've spent the last couple days trying to get re-registered and it's a complicated process. Funny how colleges are so quick to take your money, but drag their feet when you need something. :rolleyes:

"There is no spoon. Sometimes there's a fork though." Did anyone else see that??
YES! I'm not insane, phew. I took a picture, and was about to tweet kingston but then checked again and it was back! It started with just "there is no spoon." I hit refresh and the fork sentence came up. So glad I was not the only one who saw this!

Latest posts

Back