OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The birth control thing would have been funny if she wasn't pregnant :eek: Actually when she said it this was my reaction:
3cd8a33a.png

its not necessarily the whole of cheerleading i was talking about, more like the idea of her gym in particular, like i get that teens are getting pregnant and yada yada and how the gym wants to be inclusive and everything but i just think having her in uniform, watching the team practice and all that while being pregnant isnt very smart it may just be me but it just doesnt sit that well for some reason i will admit though the birth control thing was actually hilarious (but her saying "im a cheerleader i cant get fat not so much)

I get what you're saying. The empathetic, inclusive part of me applauds her coaches and her gym for not judging her and allowing her the freedom to make a life-changing decision without ostracizing her. The Mom part of me wants to give them a long, slow clap and eye-roll for promoting acceptance of teenage pregnancy.

I get what you're saying. The empathetic, inclusive part of me applauds her coaches and her gym for not judging her and allowing her the freedom to make a life-changing decision without ostracizing her. The Mom part of me wants to give them a long, slow clap and eye-roll for promoting acceptance of teenage pregnancy.

My school last year let a girl who got pregnant stay on VARSITY cheerleading as a "honorary" member. She got a state ring (that was paid for by our coach)even though she didn't come to a single practice, she got our team sweatshirt, she got to go to the banquet, and she got a senior gift. So she was allowed to basically stay on the squad, but I (and some other teammates) got kicked off the team for tee-peeing. Our parents were livid and had many conversations with the administration about our punishments and favoritism in sports.

My school last year let a girl who got pregnant stay on VARSITY cheerleading as a "honorary" member. She got a state ring (that was paid for by our coach)even though she didn't come to a single practice, she got our team sweatshirt, she got to go to the banquet, and she got a senior gift. So she was allowed to basically stay on the squad, but I (and some other teammates) got kicked off the team for tee-peeing. Our parents were livid and had many conversations with the administration about our punishments and favoritism in sports.
WOW is all i can say that makes me angry just reading it..

WOW is all i can say that makes me angry just reading it..

Yeah, we were not pleased. Especially when they told at at first that we were not allowed to graduate (only affected one of us and it wasn't me), not allowed to participate in school functions, not allowed to go to our cheer banquet, and we were kicked off cheerleading. And then come to find out, that our coach had decided our punishments. But we got all of that appealed (except for the banquet and cheerleading) after our parents threatened with lawsuits against the coach and the school district haha. They encouraged us to try out for the next season (the current school year) but I chose not to because the coach and I already didn't get along.

Yeah, we were not pleased. Especially when they told at at first that we were not allowed to graduate (only affected one of us and it wasn't me), not allowed to participate in school functions, not allowed to go to our cheer banquet, and we were kicked off cheerleading. And then come to find out, that our coach had decided our punishments. But we got all of that appealed (except for the banquet and cheerleading) after our parents threatened with lawsuits against the coach and the school district haha. They encouraged us to try out for the next season (the current school year) but I chose not to because the coach and I already didn't get along.
thats the one thing i do not miss about going to school in the states, i noticed there is a lot of issues with favoritism and parents having more control then administration if the admins were scared about losing funding or one of the people they got along with better (not to blast americans as a whole the education i got was top notch the principals just favored others more)

^^ Yea we had to stop doing school musicals because a parent was upset about his son having to pay $1 to get in...I understand if you don't have money but honey I will give you a $1 if it means doing what I love...

thats the one thing i do not miss about going to school in the states, i noticed there is a lot of issues with favoritism and parents having more control then administration if the admins were scared about losing funding or one of the people they got along with better (not to blast americans as a whole the education i got was top notch the principals just favored others more)

No I totally agree with you! There is so much favoritism and they don't even try to hide it.

Back