OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I need to vent because whenever I talk to my parents about this my dad tells me to suck it up and deal with it.

I think I have to quit the job I got 2 weeks ago...my manager expects me to be able to work with less than a day's notice. Like he would text me during school telling me to come in at 3:30 and I don't even get home from school until then. I have been training the last few weeks and was never actually put on the schedule, he would just tell me when to come. I get up for school at 5:45 and I've been up until 1 every night doing homework because I go straight to work from school and stay until 9. So today he finally emails me the schedule with me on it. I told him I could only work Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays because of other activities (cheer, obviously). This idiot scheduled me for Fridays 4-8. HELLO I have football games. And I specifically said only Saturdays on the weekends and he has me down for Saturdays and Sundays 10-6. Like honestly, my biggest worry is the amount of homework I've been getting 5 days into the school year. I swear I'm failing senior year already because I have no time to do any of my work.

Oh and today I was the nerd sitting at lunch doing homework because I don't have time to do it at home :rolleyes:

First day of college in the morning. It's only 2 classes & at a community college but still I'm nervous, excited, and anxious all in one haha

We just got my 4.2's music tonight and I love it so much. That and the other two we've received so far... Haaaaa. I can't wait for competition season to start!
I can't wait to play it for the girls tomorrow! How will I make it 'til practice tomorrow?! I want to tell one of them already.

I need to vent because whenever I talk to my parents about this my dad tells me to suck it up and deal with it.

I think I have to quit the job I got 2 weeks ago...my manager expects me to be able to work with less than a day's notice. Like he would text me during school telling me to come in at 3:30 and I don't even get home from school until then. I have been training the last few weeks and was never actually put on the schedule, he would just tell me when to come. I get up for school at 5:45 and I've been up until 1 every night doing homework because I go straight to work from school and stay until 9. So today he finally emails me the schedule with me on it. I told him I could only work Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays because of other activities (cheer, obviously). This idiot scheduled me for Fridays 4-8. HELLO I have football games. And I specifically said only Saturdays on the weekends and he has me down for Saturdays and Sundays 10-6. Like honestly, my biggest worry is the amount of homework I've been getting 5 days into the school year. I swear I'm failing senior year already because I have no time to do any of my work.

Oh and today I was the nerd sitting at lunch doing homework because I don't have time to do it at home :rolleyes:
I have problems like that to this day and I've been working at the same place for four years. Talk to him. Tell him you availability, give him a written copy. Then he has no excuse to get it wrong. And if he does you can call him out on his bs. Also if there ever is a mistake in sure he knows so just tell him, " look I can't work....." and he should be nice enough to change it or switch hours with someone. Or you could just get someone to switch or cover for you on your own. And just tell him what's going on so he knows. I'm sure he won't mind as long as there's coverage. If it becomes a consistent problem and there's no change or he won't try to figure it out for you. Then I would reconsider. Hang in there!

I have problems like that to this day and I've been working at the same place for four years. Talk to him. Tell him you availability, give him a written copy. Then he has no excuse to get it wrong. And if he does you can call him out on his bs. Also if there ever is a mistake in sure he knows so just tell him, " look I can't work....." and he should be nice enough to change it or switch hours with someone. Or you could just get someone to switch or cover for you on your own. And just tell him what's going on so he knows. I'm sure he won't mind as long as there's coverage. If it becomes a consistent problem and there's no change or he won't try to figure it out for you. Then I would reconsider. Hang in there!

I'm definitely taking a written copy of what days I can't work that I am already scheduled for and what days I can't work in the next few weeks that aren't scheduled yet. The only problem with switching is there are literally 3 people employed at this gas dock including me and I can't even work a shift by myself for a few more weeks. So technically there would be someone there to cover anyway, but still it's a hassle.

553783_10151011552786976_88512126_n.jpg

i want it i want it i want it i want it i want it

alliebby33 I'm sorry about your situation :/ I was kind of in the same boat too with them scheduling me on days I have cheer.. But they would ONLY schedule me like once a week for like 9 hours on a day I have cheer... So two days ago I quit. It was rough since I reallly liked my job & I'm in a work program at school which lets me leave early and I have to have a job for it... lol
But for you, I would definitely tell them straight up, only schedule you on days you CAN work. Write down your complete schedule and availability and give it to them. If they keep giving you shifts during your practice times, just keep giving them the days you can't work. If this doesn't work, you'll probably just have to find a new job. It's rough but having to juggle cheer & work is a commitment and you need a job and team that is willing to work with each commitment!
Good luck to you! :)

Back