OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
QUESTION:
Anyone about my age (a newly minted 23 year old. Emphasis on old.) who uses a credit card? Which one do you use and why? It's high time for me to open one and I have options but not sure what! I suppose my credit is ok, I don't really have any that I know of. What do I do??!

QUESTION:
Anyone about my age (a newly minted 23 year old. Emphasis on old.) who uses a credit card? Which one do you use and why? It's high time for me to open one and I have options but not sure what! I suppose my credit is ok, I don't really have any that I know of. What do I do??!
I'm 17 and I have an American Express!

QUESTION:

Well I'm 24, and yes. I will admit I was very irresponsible. I got 6 credit cards when I turned 18.
I got a capital one credit card. 500$ credit limit and no interest and no annual fee.
I got an 800$ cc through my bank (Amsouth -however it was bought out by Regions) since I was a student. Very very low interest rate and no annual fee.

^^^^ those 2 credit cards were great. I had little to no credit at the time and got both of those and was pleased.

I also got $800 Dillard's, 350$ Target, $500 Gap, and something else I forgot.

^^^ they are terrible and high interest rates and encourage really bad spending habits. Lol

I know your probably talking about a regular card but just thought I would throw that out there. I will say Capitol One was the best though. Good Luck and just do your research. Make sure interest/ annual fees are low if possible.

However, I got rid of all my debt! Every single card is cut up. I finally got a new one a few months ago but I'm scared to use it because I owed way to much money back then and I don't want to pay all that money again!

QUESTION:
I'm 17 and have a Visa through my local credit union. It's a credit/debit.

I'm 17 and I have an American Express!
i feel like barley anywhere in Knoxville takes my amex card. it literally just sits in my wallet (which is what it should do, considering its for emergencies-like if i run out of gas or i find a really cute pair of shoes that i need. hehehe thanks daddy!) i mean, atleast its pretty! clear and sparkley!:D but i've maybe used it twice. where as i've used my visa (debit/credit) card ALOT more since i got them both at the same time and more places around me take visa- i think almost all the places around me. and they just put an ATM in at my school- doesn't take american express:eek:

@Kris10boo- me and my mom share one of the victorias secret/pink credit cards. it will be the death of me when i find out how much i spent in a couple of days... encourages really bad habits. like spend 100$ get 20% off an item.... so then i just end up spending what i saved on an item on another one... its a mess. haha

I have a sovereign debit card. I use it all the time, and sometimes I use it as credit..would that build up my credit score? I have no idea how this works, which is pathetic. I'm better at finance than some people (IRAs, various money-saving techniques and debt-reduction which I don't even NEED)..but some things just make my head spin.

i feel like barley anywhere in Knoxville takes my amex card. it literally just sits in my wallet (which is what it should do, considering its for emergencies-like if i run out of gas or i find a really cute pair of shoes that i need. hehehe thanks daddy!) i mean, atleast its pretty! clear and sparkley!:D but i've maybe used it twice. where as i've used my visa (debit/credit) card ALOT more since i got them both at the same time and more places around me take visa- i think almost all the places around me. and they just put an ATM in at my school- doesn't take american express:eek:
Good girl! Yeah mines from daddy as well:) he has me use it for family groceries (I do all the trips because I'm the couponer! Crazy I know haa) and then I use it for school stuff, if I need things like makeup or hair products, and then I use it for everything I buy online and then pay him back in cash! Also gas. He said he is helping build my credit :) I have to tell him everything I but and give him all receipts too! Anything not told or approved I have to pay back! I think it's reasonable!

Good girl! Yeah mines from daddy as well:) he has me use it for family groceries (I do all the trips because I'm the couponer! Crazy I know haa) and then I use it for school stuff, if I need things like makeup or hair products, and then I use it for everything I buy online and then pay him back in cash! Also gas. He said he is helping build my credit :) I have to tell him everything I but and give him all receipts too! Anything not told or approved I have to pay back! I think it's reasonable!
When did you get your card?

Like theres literally 10 HUGE mosquitos in my room.....I ran all the way down stairs (2 floors... :p ) and told my dad to come kill them, and he hands me a dish cloth and says "you kill them". I attempt. Not gonna happen. Run back down stairs. He FINALLY came up and killed them. They're like rabbits, they keep multiplying...

Praying for everyone in LA, MS, and AL! One of my friends I've know for years lives in Belle Chasse & the levees down there are being overtopped with water. :(

I used my dad's starting when I turned 16 and then when I turned 17 I got one with my name on it!
Woah cool! I need a credit card soon, because i have already a lot of money saved from when i was around 6, so i could pay back the debt, Plus, its hard to get my dad to say yes to buying cheer clothes online. lol :)

Woah cool! I need a credit card soon, because i have already a lot of money saved from when i was around 6, so i could pay back the debt, Plus, its hard to get my dad to say yes to buying cheer clothes online. lol :)
Well mine isn't for cheer clothes. It's mostly for getting gas and the family groceries! But you could talk to him about having it to build your credit. That's the main reason my dad gave me one. When he first gave it to me, I wasn't going to take it because I had heard the bad stories about credit cards. But if you pay it all back, you can actually get rewards. Just talk to him about it!

Well mine isn't for cheer clothes. It's mostly for getting gas and the family groceries! But you could talk to him about having it to build your credit. That's the main reason my dad gave me one. When he first gave it to me, I wasn't going to take it because I had heard the bad stories about credit cards. But if you pay it all back, you can actually get rewards. Just talk to him about it!
I tried, but he's still holding this like money grudge on me because at a cheer comp i asked for 30 bucks to buy an event tee, and the one i bought the back and the front were glued together, and he said it was my fault for not checking it blah blah blah.
LOL, but maybe in a year or two? :)

QUESTION:
I'm 21 and I was VERY afraid to get my first credit card and put it off til about 6 months ago. I decided to go with the Chase Freedom card for the cash back options. You can either get the points credited back to pay off your account or you can "buy" anything from their store with the points. Plus, they start you off with a low credit limit and once you prove for a while that you can keep up with payments they will bump it up. Plus, their customer service is top notch!

Latest posts

Back