OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I tried, but he's still holding this like money grudge on me because at a cheer comp i asked for 30 bucks to buy an event tee, and the one i bought the back and the front were glued together, and he said it was my fault for not checking it blah blah blah.
LOL, but maybe in a year or two? :)
Yeah idk how old you are but a credit card is never a need if you still live with your parents!

QUESTION:
Anyone about my age (a newly minted 23 year old. Emphasis on old.) who uses a credit card? Which one do you use and why? It's high time for me to open one and I have options but not sure what! I suppose my credit is ok, I don't really have any that I know of. What do I do??!
I'm sure this has already been mentioned but.... Just be careful to make more than the minimum payments each month if you are not using it as cash and paying off the entire thing (which is actually what we still do to this day.) When my dh was in college, he bought a small stereo for his room on the Sears credit card they so willingly gave to students without a second thought back in the day. That $400 stereo probably cost him around $2000 when all was said and done and practically ruined his credit rating for many years. If you can afford to pay the annual fee I would recommend getting any card that will gives you flexible rewards that you can use the points for travel, hotels, etc. I think one of our AmEx cards does that and being that we use it for business, the rewards are worth the annual fee.

i use my debit WAY more than i use my credit. because i know i already have the money that i need on it so i wont buy things i don't need/ can't afford

My best friend has a debit card, and she has like a bank account kind of "attatched to it". The debit card reminds me of like a starbucks card. Her parents put like 50 bucks on it every other month. She can buy whatever, since it is her money. I think its cool! :)

GAH its school picture day and i can't find something to wear. Like everyone is wearing these cute hollister/aeropostale dresses, and i'm gonna be like "this is my best t-shirt" :mad:

Like why can't i sew. I'd just whip out an amazing dress and bam.

I've had a debit card since sophomore year of HS, when I started working. If your spending your own money, not a parents, get a debit card. The money is there, and you don't have to worry about spending more then you can/should.

I don't understand why this girl thinks its okay to wear the same scarf twice a week... like school has been in session for three weeks and she's worn it over 9 times... and its not like she doesn't have other clothes... sorry ranting. it just bugs me and i have NO idea why. i mean if it was a black scarf and you wore it with a different colored shirt every day then maybe that would be okay but its a purple and white polka dot scarf that she wears... with jeans and these high heel boots.... OMG.

it also annoys me when girls wear their cheer warm up jackets on days that we dont have games or practice... don't ask me why. it just does. okay i'm done ranting for today...

ETA: i also HATE when students park without parking passes, and don't plan on buying one. there's barley enough room to park at my school WITH a parking pass. Good thing through random times in the year they boot cars... heheh. KARMA FOR TAKING MY PARKING PLACE. okay i'm officially done.

I don't understand why this girl thinks its okay to wear the same scarf twice a week... like school has been in session for three weeks and she's worn it over 9 times... and its not like she doesn't have other clothes... sorry ranting. it just bugs me and i have NO idea why. i mean if it was a black scarf and you wore it with a different colored shirt every day then maybe that would be okay but its a purple and white polka dot scarf that she wears... with jeans and these high heel boots.... OMG.

it also annoys me when girls wear their cheer warm up jackets on days that we dont have games or practice... don't ask me why. it just does. okay i'm done ranting for today...

ETA: i also HATE when students park without parking passes, and don't plan on buying one. there's barley enough room to park at my school WITH a parking pass. Good thing through random times in the year they boot cars... heheh. KARMA FOR TAKING MY PARKING PLACE. okay i'm officially done.
This x1000000000000000 I hate it! Thats why I get to school an hour before it starts

As long as you can either pay it off every month or just leave a little balance then go for it. You have to have discipline though to not use it on stuff you dont need.
thanks that's what I'm contemplating. I have a debit card but I'm thinking about getting a credit card to build my credit and only use it on gas and emergencies. Everything else use my debit card.

Latest posts

Back