OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I HATE CREATIVE WRITING. Its supposed to be a FUN class. I got a 36 out of 100 on my Dr.Seuss style children's book because i wasn't creative enough. I spent 4 hours on the pictures alone. It was a 2 week project and I spent at least an hour a night working on it plus the time we had in class. and when i asked for the rubric that we turned in with our stories she said she didn't have them anymore. I did everything she asked. I even wrote 3 extra pages for it.. Oh. and she's my cheer coach that hates me. I'm pretty sure she's failing me on purpose. or that's how i feel anyways.. I'm SO frustrated with that class. Our last book only had to be 7 pages, but we're starting the fractured fairy tale series and if i write a paper, it has to be seven pages single-spaced in times new roman 8pt font. and if i write a childrens book it has to be 35 pages at least, and there has to be a colored picture on every page and we aren't allowed to get the pictures offline... sorry for ranting but this just frustrates me SO much..

Just in case you need a good laugh today....

So my friends and I are at the Garden Cafe (sandwich place on campus) after our biology class and I pay for my sandwich and go walk over to my friend Liz, who is by the soda machine. Apparently I missed the wet floor sign and completely wiped out in front of a crowd of people (this place was packed!). According to my sister and my friend Liz, I got some good air time and landed in a herkie position on the floor. They then proceeded to stand there and laugh at me for 10 minutes while other bystanders just stared at me. What a great way to start off the day!

Oh and by the way, the sandwich survived completely unscathed.

I absolutely hate the fact that kids aren't allowed to choose which parent has custody over them... i was also 7 when my parents got a divorce, but i'm 16 (17 in a month) and my mom has full custody. Which is the worst thing ever... I'm only allowed to drive my car, that my DAD bought for me to school, work, and home. My dad doesn't care where i drive, and he doesn't think its fair but since my mom has custody its what she says goes and not what he says even though he paid for the car... so if i want to go hang out with my friends, i have to find a ride because my mom won't take me and i'm not allowed to drive. i pay gas and insurance and my mom's name isn't even on the papers we signed to get the car. she shouldn't have any control over it whatsoever... UGH

ETA: that's just one of the things she does. this is basically the same with everything my Dad buys me..
I do not know all of your story, but I do not believe it has anything to do with being able to pick your parents. If your parents were not divorced, your mom would more than likely have the same rule. From the example you provided, it sounds like your mother is very strict. I am a strict mother as well, not quite as strict as your in this situation, but stirct. And it is because we love and care. I purchased cars for both my daughters and they are not allowed to drive certain distances, no more than 2 people can be in the car with them. My oldest daughter is 19 and she is allowed to go out on the weekend, but if she is going out to a club with her friends, someone else has to drive and she gets really upset because "it is her car" well, "it is my house and my rules". She gets upset because she is the only one that has a car....well right there that should tell you something.
I remember hating my mother for doing similar things, being too strict and she would tell me that some day I will thank her....and being my rebellious self, I swore that even if I felt that way, I would never tell her.....Well now that I am a mother, even before, as I watch how my life turned out so differently than my class mates, I thank her....I thank her for her rules and restrictions that I hated soooooo much, because them made me the wife and mother that I am today.
You can not see it now, but you will in the near future and you will thank your mother!
I know I went on forever, but I think this is something that every teenage girl goes through with their mother, and in most cases, it all turns out okay.
Good luck

I hear ios6 is a nice update but I have to figure out how to unjailbreak my phone first... :confused:

i only have the iphone 4, so apparently my updates weren't as cool as the 4s's updates, but so far i like it. nothing seems crazy different. there are new emojis though, which make me happy :)

also, as i was previously on this thread having a panic attack that i had a blood clot in my leg... the symptoms got better (or so i thought) so i went on with my daily life. and then randomly, in the middle of the day, i lost all feeling in my right leg, so off to the doctor i went. a few MRI's later and i officially have severe nerve damage. yay :rolleyes:

i only have the iphone 4, so apparently my updates weren't as cool as the 4s's updates, but so far i like it. nothing seems crazy different. there are new emojis though, which make me happy :)
:rolleyes:
Lol I've actually had those emojis since the beginning of the year. You had to have em sent to your phone through iMessage and copy and paste them to your notes. If you wanted to use them you had to copy and paste it onto instagram, twitter, or whatever you were using so I'm glad they finally put them on the keyboard!

Lol I've actually had those emojis since the beginning of the year. You had to have em sent to your phone through iMessage and copy and paste them to your notes. If you wanted to use them you had to copy and paste it onto instagram, twitter, or whatever you were using so I'm glad they finally put them on the keyboard!

well that sounds like a lot of work lol i knew they existed but i didn't know that's how you had to get them. at least your emoji life will get a little easier

Back