OT New Random Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I do not know all of your story, but I do not believe it has anything to do with being able to pick your parents. If your parents were not divorced, your mom would more than likely have the same rule. From the example you provided, it sounds like your mother is very strict. I am a strict mother as well, not quite as strict as your in this situation, but stirct. And it is because we love and care. I purchased cars for both my daughters and they are not allowed to drive certain distances, no more than 2 people can be in the car with them. My oldest daughter is 19 and she is allowed to go out on the weekend, but if she is going out to a club with her friends, someone else has to drive and she gets really upset because "it is her car" well, "it is my house and my rules". She gets upset because she is the only one that has a car....well right there that should tell you something.
I remember hating my mother for doing similar things, being too strict and she would tell me that some day I will thank her....and being my rebellious self, I swore that even if I felt that way, I would never tell her.....Well now that I am a mother, even before, as I watch how my life turned out so differently than my class mates, I thank her....I thank her for her rules and restrictions that I hated soooooo much, because them made me the wife and mother that I am today.
You can not see it now, but you will in the near future and you will thank your mother!
I know I went on forever, but I think this is something that every teenage girl goes through with their mother, and in most cases, it all turns out okay.
Good luck
But the fact is that my mom isn't purchasing my car and is not paying for anything on it, my dad is. my dad doesn't agree with any of the rules that she has..:confused:

i hate that every time a guy finds out i have a boyfriend they stop talking to me completely like its stupid -.-

i only have the iphone 4, so apparently my updates weren't as cool as the 4s's updates, but so far i like it. nothing seems crazy different. there are new emojis though, which make me happy :)

also, as i was previously on this thread having a panic attack that i had a blood clot in my leg... the symptoms got better (or so i thought) so i went on with my daily life. and then randomly, in the middle of the day, i lost all feeling in my right leg, so off to the doctor i went. a few MRI's later and i officially have severe nerve damage. yay :rolleyes:

I was highly upset to find out that the iphone 4 wasn't getting the same updates. It's like "Oh hey iOS 6 is going to be able to do all of this cool stuff. You'll all love it, everyone can get it" But at the last minute they say "oh, but the iphone 4 can't get it." I mean really? It's called a 2 year contract. Some people still can't even get the 4s, or even the 5.

That's so scary! Are you going to be okay?

I was highly upset to find out that the iphone 4 wasn't getting the same updates. It's like "Oh hey iOS 6 is going to be able to do all of this cool stuff. You'll all love it, everyone can get it" But at the last minute they say "oh, but the iphone 4 can't get it." I mean really? It's called a 2 year contract. Some people still can't even get the 4s, or even the 5.

It's because a majority of the updates are for Siri which is not on the 4, only the 4s and soon to be 5.

thanks for asking! most likely, just frustrating that there is no set cure. i have a herniated disc, which for some people just requires an epidural or physical therapy, and some people require surgery. with the way i've been losing feeling in my leg, it's more serious so it may lead to surgery :confused:. for now, we'll try some PT and i am on crazy high doses of anti-inflammatory drugs... and i'll continue with my acupuncture to relieve the pain and hope for the best.

just frustrating not to mention painful. like my doctor said no more gym/exercise for the time being (i retired from cheer so that's a nonissue, but still i'd like to exercise) and take it day by day, but so far it's been interfering with my daily life pretty terribly.

i just want an instant fix, which is not going to happen. :(

seriously, all of you young cheerleaders take care of yourselves!!! 22 has not been good to my body.

So I finally landed a good and solid full Monday at practice on the dead floor and I was super excited for competition practice Tuesday at our all star gym. We were working on our first sequence and it's just full up stretch double down. I'm flying in a small co-ed group and we had a freak accident and i got dropped straight to my ankle and now I have a bad sprain and I'll probably be out for 2-3 weeks. I'm so upset and I don't want to get replaced in my spots :( This always happens to me!

Did anyone else know that AJ McLean was on GUTS as a kid?! My mind is blown.

I knew he was my favorite BSB for a reason!! Love him. So glad he didn't become a 'cartoonist' ;-)

Although this video makes me feel bad for kids growing up now who didn't get to experience the greatness that was Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, etc.. So sad.

So, anyone want to give my daughter any advice?

Well my daughter really doesn't ever work on standing tumbling or if she does it is standing tumbling she needs for her routine which is youth2. She mainly has been working on running tumbling perfecting her layout so she can keep twisting.

Well last Wednesday we went to this other gyms open gym for the first time in a while. There was this 11 year old girl down there who just got her standing tuck. Well my cp decides she is just going to go do it on the floor just like that girl. Well she threw it; and I about had a heart attack because I didn't even know she was about to throw it. It wasn't bad it just wasn't good. So she only threw it like twice more that night. Then the next day we went and she wasn't really feeling it. It wasn't any better then the day before so she just stopped working on it and did running tumbling.

Last night (Wednesday) she showed up at open gym. First thing she threw was this. Standing Tuck (please turn down the volume) and I was so shocked she landed on her feet. Not perfect but I was so happy for her. She had not threw it in a week and she actually made progress. So here is the thing. Jaylen wants to get it tonight so she can surprise her coaches (we are at another gyms open gym so they don't quite know her progress on it).. It don't really matter wether she gets it this week or next year but she is so hard on her self and since it is open gym she is kind of working herself through it.. They will help if she asks but she is just trying to figure it out.

So anyone have any pointers that may have helped you, that I can tell her before she goes to open gym tonight?

The only thing I know to tell her is just to land on her feet and stand up and she will have it but my advice isn't that helpful. Lol and I'm not trained for things like this! Lol

standing tuck

How do you tell someone who like loves you that you JUST wanna be friends and that's it!?!?! I don't wanna hurt that person at all I just don't see that person in that way :/ plus i feel like if i say something i could most likely lose a friend Any advice

So, anyone want to give my daughter any advice?

Well my daughter really doesn't ever work on standing tumbling or if she does it is standing tumbling she needs for her routine which is youth2. She mainly has been working on running tumbling perfecting her layout so she can keep twisting.

Well last Wednesday we went to this other gyms open gym for the first time in a while. There was this 11 year old girl down there who just got her standing tuck. Well my cp decides she is just going to go do it on the floor just like that girl. Well she threw it; and I about had a heart attack because I didn't even know she was about to throw it. It wasn't bad it just wasn't good. So she only threw it like twice more that night. Then the next day we went and she wasn't really feeling it. It wasn't any better then the day before so she just stopped working on it and did running tumbling.

Last night (Wednesday) she showed up at open gym. First thing she threw was this. Standing Tuck (please turn down the volume) and I was so shocked she landed on her feet. Not perfect but I was so happy for her. She had not threw it in a week and she actually made progress. So here is the thing. Jaylen wants to get it tonight so she can surprise her coaches (we are at another gyms open gym so they don't quite know her progress on it).. It don't really matter wether she gets it this week or next year but she is so hard on her self and since it is open gym she is kind of working herself through it.. They will help if she asks but she is just trying to figure it out.

So anyone have any pointers that may have helped you, that I can tell her before she goes to open gym tonight?

The only thing I know to tell her is just to land on her feet and stand up and she will have it but my advice isn't that helpful. Lol and I'm not trained for things like this! Lol

standing tuck
Both my cps said to tell her to pick a spot across from her to look at either at eye level or a little bit above and try to look at it for as long as she can from the moment she goes up and into her tuck. It helps to keep your chest up at the end and stops you from throwing your head back in the tuck. Hope this helps!

Back